Marshall 2x12 or a Mesa/Boogie Electradyne?

petejt

• Members

I've got the GAS again and feel a bit stuck... :confused:

I'd like to have a slightly different sound running with my MarkIV, and also in a smaller package. I don't want another 4x12, and already butchered my 2nd 4x12 by cutting a big hole in the grille to make room for a Leslie... :facepalm:

I've been getting really keen on the Electradyne and love it's Marshally goodness, quite frankly it's the best non-Mark series amp ever to come from Mesa/Boogie to my ears. And it would be cool to run two amps in stereo.

The thing is, I could also just get a Marshall 2x12 cab. I already have a Mesa/Boogie 50/50 stereo poweramp with JJ 6L6 valves, and I'd like to make use of it. I can run the Slave Out to a chorus/splitter, then run that to the 50/50 and the 2x12 cab. The JJs & presence controls would darken the tone enough to slot in with the MarkIV's straight sound, plus there's some modulation going on which I like.

The issue though is that I have a pair of EV 12S speakers lying around, as well as a quartet of G12T75's. At the moment I can't even sell them, so it would be good if I could use the EV speakers in the cab. But then, unless I can find an UNLOADED cab, I'll again have six speakers lying around.

What could I do?

• Members

If I get the Electradyne, then it will be the combo, not the head & cab.

But then what can I do with my 50/50 poweramp & the Rockman Stereo Chorus/Delay? I hate having stuff just sit there. I can do good deals with buying stuff, but I am {censored}house at selling, otherwise I would have sold those g12t75s and the Fireball ages ago...

Archived