Who wants in? Best amp @ NAMM, an all tube 2 channel hi gain head for $230

thefyn

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

FFFFFFFFFFFUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

I owe taxes. My tax return = 2500 cash back , adds wife, we now owe them...

Wife + taxes = fail

I heard back from Goldea stating I need to wire funds to them and get a shipping company to pick up the amp. So I just emailed them back asking for the account details.

• Members

Looks like shipping is gonna kill this one dead.

Unless someone wants to take on getting a pallet of these sent to the USA, then distributed between 20 or so people who all chip in on shipping.

Who are some known dealers on here that we could approach?

• Members

I can probably get it shipped to miami a little cheaper than the southwest coast of fl, so if u want to come pick it up or have me mail it to you, I'm willing, I'm still in on this, I lovez me the savage tone. We need to offer this to other forums so we can get a big order of them together, I can find an importer, if you're willing to give me a couple of weeks to make calls, I don't know too much about importing by sea, but I can learn quick.

I have a couple of friends who own music stores who I'll try to interest, I would advise everyone else to do the same.

Sorry about the excess comma usage, that's how I think.

• 11 months later...
  • Members

BUMP:

NAMM 2011: The ole FYN basically nagged them to sell me their REX 3200 floor model. I took it on the plane as hand baggage.

I did some clips with it. I'll upload later. They are a little foggy in retrospect.

What really surprised me was I was creaming over the gain. It turns out, the cleans are even better.

So yeah. NCAD

• Members

BUMP:

NAMM 2011: The ole FYN basically nagged them to sell me their REX 3200 floor model. I took it on the plane as hand baggage.

I did some clips with it. I'll upload later. They are a little foggy in retrospect.

What really surprised me was I was creaming over the gain. It turns out, the cleans are even better.

So yeah. NCAD

So is HCAF gonna get together and order a bunch of these or what?

• Members
FFFFFFFFFFFUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

I owe taxes. My tax return = 2500 cash back , adds wife, we now owe them...

Wife + taxes = fail

I heard back from Goldea stating I need to wire funds to them and get a shipping company to pick up the amp. So I just emailed them back asking for the account details.

:lol: I feel your pain. Wife and taxes just don't work well for me either. I owe them 1300 this year.

• Members

BUMP:

So yeah. NCAD

I'm interested. I mean for $250 or whatever it is you can't really go wrong. Can you send me any contact info you have for them via PM? Also, you say it sounds a little "foggy". Are you talking about the amp or the clip?

• Members

I'm interested. I mean for $250 or whatever it is you can't really go wrong. Can you send me any contact info you have for them via PM? Also, you say it sounds a little "foggy". Are you talking about the amp or the clip?

Me too please? I sent an email to their sales department a week ago but no reply. :(

• Members

Shipping via UPS or Fed Ex on a box like this amp would be in will be 300 to 400 dollars! The only way to make this affordable is a bunch of them all shipped at one time on a pallet on the slow boat from China.

And then if you ship them all at the same time , someone will have to ship them individually from the arrival point to all the buyers across the US, so you're still f*cked. You'll still end up paying $500-$600 for an amp with no resale value that you'll have to rebuild in a year or two if it doesn't melt all over your cab first. Personally, I'd rather get a used 5150 or some other decent from the get-go amp from a real company than participate in some kind of group clusterf*ck "penny wise pound foolish" exercise.

• Members

Both. I demoed it with single coils at NAMM. Playing it via an LP with humbuckers made me realize how bassy this amp is.

If you crank it, and put the bass on 3.5, treb and mids on 6.5 it sounds great.

My other el84 15 watter is icepick in comparison.

It's a very thick gain, and I think i should redo the clip with EMG81 to brighten it up.

I was so impressed with the clean, I tried a distortion pedal through it.
:love::love::love:

I can't wait to try my ADA MP1 through this thing.

Archived