Who wants in? Best amp @ NAMM, an all tube 2 channel hi gain head for $230

thefyn

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I suppose they just want to sell them in bulk to music stores who can work out their own markup.

I asked a lot of questions but the language barrier was a problem.

You know what, dude? I'd contact your local university. Pretty much every school worth its salt anymore has a pretty active Chinese department. If you're serious about doing the distributor deal, you could get one of their students to translate for you and pay them a small hourly rate to communicate with those guys for you. You could probably get what you need for $10-$12 per hour. We do that kind of stuff all the time as anth. professors for overseas fieldwork communication and transcription. If it was in Japanese, I could get you covered, but I don't have any strong connections with fluent Chinese language speakers.

• Members

You know what, dude? I'd contact your local university. Pretty much every school worth its salt anymore has a pretty active Chinese department. If you're serious about doing the distributor deal, you could get one of their students to translate for you and pay them a small hourly rate to communicate with those guys for you. You could probably get what you need for $10-$12 per hour. We do that kind of stuff all the time as anth. professors for overseas fieldwork communication and transcription. If it was in Japanese, I could get you covered, but I don't have any strong connections with fluent Chinese language speakers.

Nah I don't want to become a distributor. But if I had the time/experience I would not give this one a second thought because even if there is a quality trade off, the tone is friken unparalleled for tone to cost ratio.

• Members

Mah wife is teh chinese.

1. Setup USA distribution deal with help from teh wife.
2. Take pics of the maps with teh wife posing.
3. Ask my brother to design website and advertisement.
4. Add small mark up at first.
5. Profit.
6. Add more mark up after the word gets out.
7. Get banhammared for douchebaggery and free advertising on CL and HC
8. HCAF starts dissing amp
9. No one buys at new price.
10. Sell remaining units at a loss.

• Members

This is a very good idea for someone. Great tip and post. :thu:

• Members

That one sounded really hi-fi and almost like it had a natural flanger. It was strange to me, at least on these speakers.

I'm looking forward to hearing your clips because I'd be in.

That was the cam moving, the mic was getting a different angle so it creates a a flanger noise.

He also had the gain DIMED. It was feedbacking like crazeh when he stopped.

• Members
Mah wife is teh chinese.

1. Setup USA distribution deal with help from teh wife.

2. Take pics of the maps with teh wife posing.

3. Ask my brother to design website and advertisement.

4. Add small mark up at first.

5. Profit.

6. Add more mark up after the word gets out.

7. Get banhammared for douchebaggery and free advertising on CL and HC

8. HCAF starts dissing amp

9. No one buys at new price.

10. Sell remaining units at a loss.

:lol:

• Members

Almost 100% guaranteed the workers are abused in some way.

Does nobody care about that?

Remember Cort?

It could be some buy America propaganda, or it really could be a simple business we dont know.

I believe virtually everything I read, and I think that is what makes me more of a selective human.

• Members

What if the Goldea factory is the safest most humane factory to work at in china? If you buy the amps then the workers continue to live and work there. If you don't then they are off to live and work at a factory where they will be treated far worse. I'm just sayin...

Archived