Marshall JVM, yay or nay?

cvogue

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My best friend has one and when I take my Splawn over there it crushes that thing to pieces:cop:

Like Nerine said, the JVM has a freaky digital/processed sound to me with absolutely no punch...kinda fizzy too to be honest.

With that said, I'd have to say that I personally cant stand JVM's

just saying...
;)

The two Splawns I used to own didn't crush the JVM (that I used to own as well lol), they were just different.

40+ year old men using comic book terminology like the amps are in a fighting ring, lol. :lol:

• Members

Ok, here's the deal IMO.

The JVM is great, big caveat, with the right pick ups and guitar, and cabs.

1. It sounds like {censored} with Eminences. I had a Basson 4x12 with eminence legends. Completly scooped {censored}ty fizz flat {censored}ness.Now with my Marshall 1960av with Marhsall Vintage Speakers (not stock v30's, sounded like {censored} with that too, Avatar sells them as the Hellatone 60L) it sounds godly. If you notice almost everyone who loves the {censored} out of thier JVM uses these speakers. Huge tight punchy low end, thick crunchy mids, and nice smooth dark top. It also sounds great with with my 1960B, but gets along perfect with my 1960av.

2. It {censored}ing hates EMGs. Hate, Hate, Hates EMGs. It gets along alot better with passives. The EMGs sound thin, harsh and feed back like a mother {censored}er. Now the 57 classics in my gold top. {censored}ing perfect, vintage raunch.

The 500t in my Classic, huge meaty old shool metal sound. You can do thrash all day long, with gain at 10:30, or hardcore punk with the gain at 9:00 on od1 orange. The 498T in Studio, best modern hardcore tone I've ever heard.

• Members

You gotta love how tos can't post in a thread without getting into a flame war.
:lol:

Well jeez, it's not like I wanna make enemies and stuff, I'd rather not. But this guy bugs the crap out of a lot of people here. Quite frankly, I don't take that bully horse{censored} from anyone.

• Members

Ok, here's the deal IMO.

The JVM is great, big caveat, with the right pick ups and guitar, and cabs.

1. It sounds like {censored} with Eminences. I had a Basson 4x12 with eminence legends. Completly scooped {censored}ty fizz flat {censored}ness.Now with my Marshall 1960av with Marhsall Vintage Speakers (not stock v30's, sounded like {censored} with that too, Avatar sells them as the Hellatone 60L) it sounds godly. If you notice almost everyone who loves the {censored} out of thier JVM uses these speakers. Huge tight punchy low end, thick crunchy mids, and nice smooth dark top. It also sounds great with with my 1960B, but gets along perfect with my 1960av.

2. It {censored}ing hates EMGs. Hate, Hate, Hates EMGs. It get along alot better with passives. The EMGs sound thin, harsh and feed back like a mother {censored}er. Now the 57 classics in my gold top. {censored}ing perfect, vintage raunch.

The 500t in my Classic, huge meaty old shool metal sound. You can do thrash all day long, with gain at 10:30, or hardcore punk with the gain at 9:00 on od1 orange. The 498T in Studio, best modern hardcore tone I've ever heard.

interesting about the speakers.:thu:

• Members

Well jeez, it's not like I wanna make enemies and stuff, I'd rather not. But this guy bugs the crap out of a lot of people here. Quite frankly, I don't take that bully horse{censored} from anyone.

It comforts me to know that you represent "a lot of people," especially since no one really likes you.

If you spent half as much time going outside as you do writing comatose scriptures on HC, you might not be a virgin.

• Members

interesting about the speakers.
:thu:

I'm of the opion that almost any amp, even a {censored}ing $5000 Diezel will sound like {censored} with with wrong speakers and cab. People who don't have alot of gear never get to {censored} around and mix and match to find this out. Some {censored} just doesn't mesh well, that simple. JVM loves Marshall cabs with Celestion speakers, and LP's with passives.

Now the wierd part is my TSL, which usually pales by comparison to my JVM sounds huge with EMGs:confused: And the EMGs sound super {censored}ty with the JVM.:facepalm:

Sometimes you just got to play around because {censored} you never thought would jive does, perfectly.

• Members

I'm of the opion that almost any amp, even a {censored}ing $5000 Diezel will sound like {censored} with with wrong speakers and cab. People who don't have alot of gear never get to {censored} around and mix and match to find this out. Some {censored} just doesn't mesh well, that simple. JVM loves Marshall cabs with Celestion speakers, and LP's with passives.

Now the wierd part is my TSL, which usually pales by comparison to my JVM sounds huge with EMGs:confused: And the EMGs sound super {censored}ty with the JVM.
:facepalm:

Sometimes you just got to play around because {censored} you never thought would jive does, perfectly.

I tried mine through 3 cabs, a 5150, the splawns and the mesa with v30's.

I did wonder how it would sound with greenbacks.

• Members

I tried mine through 3 cabs, a 5150, the splawns and the mesa with v30's.

I did wonder how it would sound with greenbacks.

Not that it's high on your todo list but.......

You really need to check out a 1960av cab sometime. They sound great with Marshall amps. I could neve understand people's slams against v30's until I got a avatar 2x12 with real v30's, and then I was like ohhhhhhhh, these are {censored}.:lol:

• Members

You really need to check out a 1960av cab sometime. They sound great with Marshall amps. I could neve understand people's slams against v30's until I got a avatar 2x12 with real v30's, and then I was like ohhhhhhhh, these are {censored}.

yeah, im not the biggest v30 fan.

• Members

You really need to check out a 1960av cab sometime. They sound great with Marshall amps. I could neve understand people's slams against v30's until I got a avatar 2x12 with real v30's, and then I was like ohhhhhhhh, these are {censored}.

If you can find some T65s try them with the JVM, it's a ridiculously good match.

Archived