Marshall JVM, yay or nay?

cvogue

• Members

The 50 watt head is looking very interesting to me.

How does it sound? Of course on the video at the Marshall website it sounds wonderful...

I like the versatility of it, with a 2 channel amp you can get 4 distinctly different footswitchable sounds out of it.

:rawk:

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

i really like the jvm410....I have had many amps over the past year to compare...from VHT, engls, 2203kk and others and I think it holds up against any of them. For what they cost used and the versatility, they are very hard to beat IMO....the build quality is not on par with Fryette

ps...also love the 2203kk's...miss mine

• Members

If I'm being honest, the JVM isn't that terrible an amp. I have slated it previously. I used to have the 50w combo 2 channel one. I think i would have liked it more if I had a head though. However, I still felt a bit meh when I bypassed the internal speaker and ran it like a head into a 2x12. I think for versatility, it's good. I like how you can cycle through modes with the same footswitch button. I just thought the amp as a whole sounded a bit flat, a bit 2 dimensional. In my opinion, it doesn't seem to have the roar of an older Marshall or an 800 or something. It's like it almost seems a bit processed. I think it sounds okay for what it does. But it was just very meh to me. I sold it. Wasn't impressed. For the same sort of money you'll be looking at, I think there are better options.

• Members

Ignore him ^

He purchased a JVM, used some Marshall newsletter Dave Mustaine settings and didn't like it.

Now he plays an XTC for "thrash."

That is all that needs to be said about his credibility.

{censored} Dave and his settings.:lol:

it's getting used in a 80's cover band.

I can think any many better amps for many other applications other than the jvm.

• Members

My best friend has one and when I take my Splawn over there it crushes that thing to pieces:cop:

Like Nerine said, the JVM has a freaky digital/processed sound to me with absolutely no punch...kinda fizzy too to be honest.

With that said, I'd have to say that I personally cant stand JVM's

just saying...;)

• Members
  • Members

Dont get me wrong, I think the amp has some decent tones in it. It just lacks a certain percussive attack and warmth that I just couldnt dial in.

Very versitile for sure, but just doesnt do it for me at all
:idk:

no percussive attack??? play with the resonance and bass knobs. The JVM is quite tight and percussive stock; with a boost more so.

I've never played a qr so I can't compare its "percussive-ness".

On the flipside the JVM seems to have more standard mids, unlike the qr's which people either hate or love

• Members

Where the {censored} do you people come up with this {censored}?
:lol:

No punch?

No offense, but typically you've shown yourself to be kind of an asshole on so many threads here that I can't figure out why you're actually here, save for the purpose of venting misguided anger. In addition, I can vouch for not being "perfect" to forum rules, but in your case I have to ask the rather vague question, "WTF" is up with you? I seriously doubt anyone could disagree. You're quite an asshole, and thatso, on rather most occasions. My advice would be that you should take your antidepressants and get off on your emotional numbness in a much more private manner. Having said that, why don't you invade some forum where your uselessness has the potential of becoming so much greater than your stupid legend?

• Members

:it's a good amp , better than a recto and stuff , but yeah not as good as a {censored}ton of amps. I bet the jvm pisses itself when it sees you bringing in the splawn.

Dont get me wrong, I think the amp has some decent tones in it. It just lacks a certain percussive attack and warmth that I just couldnt dial in.

Very versitile for sure, but just doesnt do it for me at all
:idk:

• Members

That post was intense. Not only did it prove that you don't know what you're talking about when it comes to the JVM but it also proves that your penis has never been touched by anyone but your dog.

No but seriously, the whole pseudo-intellectual e-persona is pretty cool. In fact, the entire time I was reading your post, I was jerking off into your dead grandmother's urn.

That's great. Now {censored} off asshole.

Archived