Mesa vs Marshall vs Peavey cab gut shot pix

JSutter

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have a pic of my Ampeg V412 with the new Eminence's in it. I'll have to get my friend to email it to me from his cellphone next time I see him.

I would do a gutshot of my Lynch cab, but Eminence has an ad with George in it which has the box open and Mave showed us his XL... so kinda pointless.

EDIT: MrCompton -- I used a Laney 212 with Celestion 35 watters for a while that I really liked, but I didn't like so much how the speakers tracked the bass in lower tunings.

• Members

I have a pic of my Ampeg V412 with the new Eminence's in it. I'll have to get my friend to email it to me from his cellphone next time I see him.

I would do a gutshot of my Lynch cab, but Eminence has an ad with George in it which has the box open and Mave showed us his XL... so kinda pointless.

Do eet for the spirit of the thread.:thu:

• Members

Dudes. If your 4x12s are anything like mine, that's a LOT of screws to get the back off, and they're in TIGHT! I wanted to open mine up to check out the Man O War/Governors, but after turning one screw I took a look at the rest and was like "fuuuuck that!"

• Members

Dudes. If your 4x12s are anything like mine, that's a LOT of screws to get the back off, and they're in TIGHT! I wanted to open mine up to check out the Man O War/Governors, but after turning one screw I took a look at the rest and was like "fuuuuck that!"

Maybe you're just weak. :cop:

• Members

You can get two peavey cabs for the price of a mesa cab.

THe peavey cabs sound great and are perfectly gig worthy.

No. Just NO. Gig worthy? Sure they're tough as nails. They sound like absolute ass though. I owned one for 7-8 years. Played it next to all kinds of other cabs. It made some of the nicest amps sound like complete ass. I don't know why I held on to it so long.

• Members

No. Just NO. Gig worthy? Sure they're tough as nails. They sound like absolute ass though. I owned one for 7-8 years. Played it next to all kinds of other cabs. It made some of the nicest amps sound like complete ass. I don't know why I held on to it so long.

lol. Are you a brootz kinda guy or can you actually play?

My golden ears and my mad guitar skills say your opinion is {censored}.

I know you cant play cos you have 25K posts.

• Members

lol. Are you a brootz kinda guy or can you actually play?

My golden ears and my mad guitar skills say your opinion is {censored}.

I know you cant play cos you have 25K posts.

Most Peavey cabs are far from good sounding. Peavey have/had a few that sounded decent but those Peavey cabs are no cheaper than the Mesa, Marshall, Orange, Diezel, ENGL or other higher priced brands.

You have been here a month max and talking about someone elses post count that has been here for 8 years.:facepalm:

• Members

dammm!!!,..what did ya do to the mesa?...(if this is my old cab its a recto cab)....i think for build quality,..it's pretty hard to beat a mesa,.....the un-scientific test i give cabs is to knock on the back panel,...

I dunno man it has silver piping and its not over sized like the Recto cabs on Mesa's site :confused: Dave and I ended up splitting it up. He needed new speakers so the V30s when into the 1960 and I put my Vet30s into the Mesa.

Archived