guitarbilly74

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
That's what I used to have:

newlp01.jpg

boy I miss that guitar

Hey GB.... I have an LP 60's neck reissue in honeyburst with Doug Aldrich pups in it. It has a pretty good battle wound by the input jack but you cannot see it when playing and everything with the guitar is good.

I have been contemplating selling the guitar anyways as I have another LP Custom and a PRS singlecut and a San Dimas is now my main guitar.

I'll send pics if you want. I am not trying to Spam you as I don't currently have the guitar listed anywhere for sale. I just want to throw another option at you.

• Members
I'm getting my tax return soon and I will be FINALLY able to get a second guitar, after spending a whole year with one guitar and praying for strings not to break during shows hahaha. I'm getting a good refund $4000, but half of it is going to Guitarbilly Jr's college fund... so I will be left with about 2 grand. That doesn't mean I want to spend it all.

Also, my amp/effects rig is done so I don't need anything on that department... I'm really happy with my current rig.

Here's the options I am considering:

1- Gibson Les Paul Std - that's what I had before finances hit the {censored}ter and I know I can dig it BUT it will likely take up most of the money and at this point after playing with a more affordable guitar for so long AND getting great results out of it, I'm kinda leary of paying nearly $2k on a guitar

2- Hamer USA Studio or Special - that would be really cool, kinda like the USA version of my current axe and I can buy it used and have quite a bit of cash left, maybe I can put more aside for the kid

3- Gibson SG/Explorer/V: That could be even cheaper and still really cool, I used to have all these guitars and I love them. Maybe I could even buy 2 Sgs, like a Special and a faded and have them with different pickups and {censored}.. and still have more $ put aside for when GB Jr goes to Harvard Medical (yeah right!
:lol:
)

4- ???? What else do you guys suggest? I don't want strats or teles or any Fender-type, I also don't want super strats or any kinda of "shredder" axe, just a good old set neck guitar with fixed bridge and HBs? What else is out there??

Oh and no Carvins... don't ask me why I don't want them, I just don't
:cool:

I have owned one Gibson at a time all my life, and I wouldn't change that. But I decided to buy a backup guitar once. I bought a Les Paul Standard Epiphone. It was magnificent. I loved it. Only $550. Gibson owns them, I'm sure you know. And I'd say that Gibson makes darn sure that they keep their quality up. I've owned 3 and all three were on a level with Gibson, IMO.That's my suggestion.

• Members

What about the Epiphone Les Paul Elitist...........I remember guys on here talking about how much better quality the Elitist was in comparison to the USA made Gibson Les Paul Studio. And if I remember correctly, they had Gibson pickups in it too. I think they fetch anywhere from $700-$1000 used. There is a brand new one on ebay right now, that has the alpine white finish, going for $1299 with HSC.

Here is the link:

New Les Paul Elistis and a used one with a Seymour Duncan Alnico II Pro in the neck and a Gibson Angus Young in the bridge going for $700 Used Les Paul Elitist.

Cole

• Members

Hey GB.... I have an LP 60's neck reissue in honeyburst with Doug Aldrich pups in it. It has a pretty good battle wound by the input jack but you cannot see it when playing and everything with the guitar is good.

I have been contemplating selling the guitar anyways as I have another LP Custom and a PRS singlecut and a San Dimas is now my main guitar.

I'll send pics if you want. I am not trying to Spam you as I don't currently have the guitar listed anywhere for sale. I just want to throw another option at you.

send me a pm with pics of the guitar and price, I don't mind battle scars at all.

Archived