Just painted my amp's grill cloth.

TheChopsyWanker

• Members

Thanks guys!! Glad you all dig it. I took me about 4 hours for the grill cloth and another 3 or so for the tolex. I expected it to be a lot longer, but since acrylic is pretty light, it dried quickly. Krylon Fusion is what I used for the tolex and that too dried within minutes.

The best way to describe my band would be Russian Circles meets Deadmau5...something dark with experimental guitars and heavy synths/beats. I joined these guys this past summer and we're almost finished with the new recordings so I'll post them in the coming weeks. The tree symbol really has no relation to the band image but does, in a way, fit with the music and the atmosphere it creates. I do run a sound design company though called Tree Lore Productions so I like to associate that symbol with what I do musically.

I've seen some bad paint jobs and that was always on the back of my mind as I was painting this. The first brush strokes made me pretty nervous, especially on the Splawn cab. I've babied that thing for years. If you're going to go for it though, stick with water-based acrylic. You can dilute the paint to where you can still get the effect you're looking for while making it light enough so the sound travels through with ease.

• Members

I saw the thread title and I have to admit I thought "great another kid {censored}ing up his amp cosmetically." I was really surprised when I saw the pic though. It looks awesome man. I would love to have an amp like that.

Same here... I had flashbacks to my first amp. It was a 70's no-name 2x12 tube job my brother had given me. Someone had re-covered it in brown vinyl and then spay-painted a gold lightening bolt across the front :facepalm:

Archived