Since when is scooping mids = Noobish?

mike moriarty

• Members

Negative. Adam D is a {censored}ing solid rhythm man with a great sense of timing and can keep his playing tight even when running around and screaming at the crowd. Let's see you do that.

So let me get this straight...your name is Fappy The Clown, you have 11 posts, your avatar is Doctor Rockso..and you're jumping bad with him because he said Adam D sucks? Just trying to put this in perspective:cop::poke:

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I really don't care how many posts I have or how many he has or how cool everyone thinks he is and I'm not. I'm saying most of you who call teh sucks on guitarists for one reason or another do it because you think you can outplay an album. And I'm sure you can when you're sitting on your bed getting your evening geetar pratice in before mom calls you down for dinner. But until you can write something better and play it for an audience while putting on a show, you're just a knight in shining fail sitting atop your horse of metulz l33tness, and guys like Adam and Joel are making metal history while you'll never go any father than headlining tuesday night at your local brewery.

• Members

I really don't care how many posts I have or how many he has or how cool everyone thinks he is and I'm not. I'm saying most of you who call teh sucks on guitarists for one reason or another do it because you think you can outplay an album. And I'm sure you can when you're sitting on your bed getting your evening geetar pratice in before mom calls you down for dinner. But until you can write something better and play it for an audience while putting on a show, you're just a knight in shining fail sitting atop your horse of metulz l33tness.

O Hai KsE_Fan

• Members

Dialing your tone based on what sounds good in your bedroom is noobish.

Dialing your tone based on some trendy ideology is noobish.

Fitting into a band mix and dialing your amp with your ears instead of your eyes is not.

Im not even just talking about recording. I cant post vids here at work but go watch a vid of Metallica during the And Justice for All days then watch a vid of them now. Tell me what sounds better, mix-wise.

• Members

I really don't care how many posts I have or how many he has or how cool everyone thinks he is and I'm not. I'm saying most of you who call teh sucks on guitarists for one reason or another do it because you think you can outplay an album. And I'm sure you can when you're sitting on your bed getting your evening geetar pratice in before mom calls you down for dinner. But until you can write something better and play it for an audience while putting on a show, you're just a knight in shining fail sitting atop your horse of metulz l33tness, and guys like Adam and Joel are making metal history while you'll never go any father than headlining tuesday night at your local brewery.

Dude, any retard can play open chugga riffs. Half the posters here could out play Adam D with their eyes closed.

• Members

So let me get this straight...your name is Fappy The Clown, you have 12 posts, your avatar is Doctor Rockso..and you're jumping bad with the forum because one person said Adam D sucks? Just trying to put this in perspective:cop::poke:

• Members

So let me get this straight...your name is Fappy The Clown, you have 12 posts, your avatar is Doctor Rockso..and you're jumping bad with the forum because one person said Adam D sucks? Just trying to put this in perspective:cop::poke:

ka-ka-ka-ka-ka-ka-YEAH! I'M FAPPY THE CLOWN, THE ROCK AND ROLL ALT! I DO TROLLING! ka-ka-ka-ka-ka-ka-YEAH!

i seriously do a lot of trolling.

• Members

i scoop my mids too but not completely and my tone is very justice era metallica

treble 6, mid 3, bass 7

that being said i put a mxr kfk 10 band eq in the effects loop and boost some of the low mid freq but cut some of the high mids

You know those are kinda my exact settings, KK 10 Band and all.

But my amp is a mid monster and is high mid oriented so it works just fine. For band practice however I'll bring the mids up to like 4, at max 4.5 if I need to.

• Members

Obviously some bands manage to have clear defined mixes and still have a "scooped" type midrange going but usually that's the result of using some outboard EQ (whether its a graphic/parametric/pedal/rack) at the amp and a good sound man if we're talking live. I don't think anyone would call that noobish. What IS noobish is simply cutting all or nearly all the mids on your amp, cranking your gain and bass too high and then having to turn your amp way too loud to compensate for the fact you can't hear yourself. We've all seen plenty of bands like that I'm sure, and yes they're noobish IMO.

• Members

ka-ka-ka-krazy posts on this one!!

re-ka-ka-ka-mend you all ka-ka-ka-calm down!!

Who gives a {censored} whether you scoop youe mids or not? sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

I am not a fan of flappy lows though

Archived