Hughes and Kettner Triamp.

suparsonic

• Members

They {censored}ing rock! The Mk. II is better, but the Mk. I is a relative steal and is still a {censored}ing smokin' amp, particularly considering a new Mk. II is well over $3 grand!

Alex Lifeson plays one with Rush that's actually a signature model Triamp, although I'm not sure exactly what the differences are (other than purple instead of blue lighting!) as I've never played through the Lifeson model. (I have played through a Mk. I and regular Mk. II though, and loved 'em both!)

So far everyone around that I've talked to who owns one loves the hell out of it, and it looks bitchen as hell all lit up on stage!

• Members

Great amp, massively versatile and very well built.

Most of H&K's tube line is pretty good though, i really enjoyed the new Statesman head, good Marshall-esq kinda sounds and i toured with a Trilogy for a year.

I think the Trilogy would be my favourite over the tri-amp, its loads cheaper but still has a heap of awesome features.

• Members

The lead guitarist in my band uses one. Built like a friggen rock, and that is just the foot switch. It sounds incredible but there is one feature that seems to go wrong with them.. and that is the light up front board :p

He's had it repaired twice so it may be a lemon but I think it looks pretty good without it all lit up. So pricey.

• Members

Great amp, massively versatile and very well built.

Most of H&K's tube line is pretty good though, i really enjoyed the new Statesman head, good Marshall-esq kinda sounds and i toured with a Trilogy for a year.

I think the Trilogy would be my favourite over the tri-amp, its loads cheaper but still has a heap of awesome features.

What type of music were you playing? Got any clips?

• Members

What type of music were you playing? Got any clips?

I recorded a whole ep on it, although that was a few years back so its all been deleted off i-tunes etc. I Play melodic rock with a hardcore influence, think bands like Bayside, Anberlin, Story Of The Year. Definitely no br00talz

• Members

When my br00talxbreakdownxcore band recorded, we used the most unorthodox amps, for that kind of sound at least...boosted Triamp2 and Mark IV... so just to show how heavy it can get

www.myspace.com/bleedbeforetheskies

And yes, its a 7 button switch, channels 1-3, a and b, as well as the FX switch

All in all, it was a really great sounding amp. Good clean, dirt channels were all great. Very underrated amp, but still very expensive, even used

• Members

very versatile, one of the top cleans channels ive heard. great high gain tones(more gain than you'll ever need) can do brutal metal. and the in between tones are excellent as well.

keep in mind i have only spent 30-45 minutes with this amp

• Members

I had the MKI and needed a boost to get the brootz. Got rid of it. Youd think with so many channels you wouldnt need to haul around a pedal to get the gainz. Otherwise... Great amp. {censored}ing heavy as hell though weight wise. LOL. Maybe something was wrong with mine.:confused:

• Members
I had the MKI and needed a boost to get the brootz. Got rid of it. Youd think with so many channels you wouldnt need to haul around a pedal to get the gainz. Otherwise... Great amp. {censored}ing heavy as hell though weight wise. LOL. Maybe something was wrong with mine.
:confused:

it has plenty of gain, just not super compressed {censored}ty sounding gain :cop:

i can do the brootz without a boost easily on channel 3b :idk:

• Members
it has plenty of gain, just not super compressed {censored}ty sounding gain
:cop:

i can do the brootz without a boost easily on channel 3b
:idk:

Bah. IMO it needs more gain. Like I said, maybe something was wrong with mine but if not, then it just isnt the amp for me.

• Members

I recently sold my Mk. I. Awesome, awesome amp, but really was just too much for my needs. The high gain worked great for what I was using it for, and the mid-gain stuff is awesome.

the exact reason im selling mine its wayy too much of an amp for me

• Members

Alex Lifeson plays one with Rush that's actually a signature model Triamp, although I'm not sure exactly what the differences are (other than purple instead of blue lighting!) as I've never played through the Lifeson model. (I have played through a Mk. I and regular Mk. II though, and loved 'em both!)

So far everyone around that I've talked to who owns one loves the hell out of it, and it looks bitchen as hell all lit up on stage!

I saw Rush play live and Alex was using his signature MKII setup.

...It was good enough tone to occupy a wet dream or two! :love:

Sounded like a creamier, fizzless Mesa 2x Recto. :thu:

Maybe even Diezel-esque :idk:

Archived