satannica

• Members
Hands up who doesnt read the daily mail...

I never quite got the sort of elitism you're suggesting here. The Daily Mail has nothing to do with it. There is sensationalism in any tabloid, and it bugs me that there's a counter culture that considers itself intellectual as it goes "Goodness, those Daily Mail readers! They'd believe anything! If it's in the Daily Mail I know it's not true, things can't possibly be that bad!"

It's a great way to put down anyone who doesn't like our {censored}e gov't.

Now come on people! I get nearly 60mpg! Give me some {censored}in' kudos here!:mad:

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
I never quite got the sort of elitism you're suggesting here. The Daily Mail has nothing to do with it. There is sensationalism in any tabloid, and it bugs me that there's a counter culture that considers itself intellectual as it goes "Goodness, those Daily Mail readers! They'd believe anything! If it's in the Daily Mail I know it's not true, things can't possibly be that bad!"

It's a great way to put down anyone who doesn't like our {censored}e gov't.

Now come on people! I get nearly 60mpg! Give me some {censored}in' kudos here!
:mad:

Yes but you find that most people who start frothing at the mouth about how immigrants have taken jobs from good honest white working class brits tend to read the mail, or worse, the express.

• Members
1. stop giving cash benifits - replace with food and clothes vouchers. You want sky, beer and fags? Get a {censored}ing job.

2. Stop fighting wars - sort out your own country first.

3. Cut immigration right down. There's to many people here for the public services to handle and we're loosing our national identity.

4. get rid of all the stupid PC ideas and "cultural coheshion" bollocks.

I could go on but I'll stop there. Unless there are some serious changes in the UK I'm off.

Me and Matt are now friends. :love:

• Members
1. stop giving cash benifits - replace with food and clothes vouchers. You want sky, beer and fags? Get a {censored}ing job.

2. Stop fighting wars - sort out your own country first.

3. Cut immigration right down. There's to many people here for the public services to handle and we're loosing our national identity.

4. get rid of all the stupid PC ideas and "cultural coheshion" bollocks.

I could go on but I'll stop there. Unless there are some serious changes in the UK I'm off.

I'll vote for you :)

• Members
Yes but you find that most people who start frothing at the mouth about how immigrants have taken jobs from good honest white working class brits tend to read the mail, or worse, the express.

Yeah. But I also find that I'll be making a reasonable and fair point and as soon as someone hears a phrase like "couldn't speak English" I automatically get lumped into the Daily Mail reading BNP voting stereotype. Makes it very hard to say what you think and is one of the reasons a lot of people don't bother talking about this sort of thing anymore. That thing earlier in the thread is an example - someone making up a Romanian character who can't speak English being in charge of a nuclear power station isn't racist. It is however a: funny b: tragic and c: a commentry on the craziness that can happen. It's not racist because it doesn't insinuate that no Romanian could run a power station, or speak English because of their race.

But this is a real conversation I had with a guy working in subway about a year ago; imagine a THICK accent rendering most words unintelligable (on his part, not mine! :lol:)

me: "Hi can I have a 6 inch chicken sub please?"

subguy: "What bread you like?"

me: "Hearty Italian please"

subguy: "what BREAD you like!?"

me: "hearty Italian please"

subguy: *shrugs shoulders*

me: "THIS one please" (points)

subguy: "What MEAT you like?"

me: "...Chicken please"

subguy: "What MEAT!?!?!"

me: "CHICKEN!"

subguy: "You want it toast?"

me: "what?"

subguy: "it toast?"

me: "Do you mean do I want it to be toasted? No."

*puts sub in oven*

... and so it continued. See, that's not a conversation/ ordeal I should have to deal with when I'm on my lunch break. That doesn't mean I'm jumping up and down on the paper every morning furious that I can't get a job because all the foreigners have stolen my hopes and aspirations!

• Members
Yeah. But I also find that I'll be making a reasonable and fair point and as soon as someone hears a phrase like "couldn't speak English" I automatically get lumped into the Daily Mail reading BNP voting stereotype. Makes it very hard to say what you think and is one of the reasons a lot of people don't bother talking about this sort of thing anymore. That thing earlier in the thread is an example - someone making up a Romanian character who can't speak English being in charge of a nuclear power station isn't racist. It is however a: funny b: tragic and c: a commentry on the craziness that can happen. It's not racist because it doesn't insinuate that no Romanian could run a power station, or speak English because of their race.

But this is a real conversation I had with a guy working in subway about a year ago; imagine a THICK accent rendering most words unintelligable (on his part, not mine!
:lol:
)

me: "Hi can I have a 6 inch chicken sub please?"

subguy: "What bread you like?"

me: "Hearty Italian please"

subguy: "what BREAD you like!?"

me: "hearty Italian please"

subguy: *shrugs shoulders*

me: "THIS one please" (points)

subguy: "What MEAT you like?"

me: "...Chicken please"

subguy: "What MEAT!?!?!"

me: "CHICKEN!"

subguy: "You want it toast?"

me: "what?"

subguy: "it toast?"

me: "Do you mean do I want it to be toasted? No."

*puts sub in oven*

... and so it continued. See, that's not a conversation/ ordeal I should have to deal with when I'm on my lunch break. That doesn't mean I'm jumping up and down on the paper every morning furious that I can't get a job because all the foreigners have stolen my hopes and aspirations!

lmfao. Gotta love the subway staff. At least you can see their mouth move and kind of make out what they're saying. Conversations on the phone are a lot harder.

• Members

Cirrus seems to put it better than my dyslexic arse could!

It's true. I have a problem with the fact that my job has been outsourced no fewer than four times and I'm heading for my fifth (I can read the signs by now). AND I'm under 30. And the fact that due to my first class degree in Electronic Engineering is succinctly similar to leprosy. And that every time I have to change jobs, it's a pay cut! I mean

• Members

lmfao. Gotta love the subway staff. At least you can see their mouth move and kind of make out what they're saying. Conversations on the phone are a lot harder.

Chezdon I have wondered lately if you are little racist, I dont mean this by this post but by some of your others?

• Members

I don't read the Daily Mail.

I think we should encourage people into the UK when we have the job vacancies and when we can support them. From working in restaurants over the years I know that most imigrants work harder than British people! I just think it's stupid to carry on like this with all the unemployment and public services spread to thin.

And you have to realise that the current benifit culture is a major cause of why we're in such a mess.

• Members

I think we should encourage people into the UK when we have the job vacancies and when we can support them. From working in restaurants over the years I know that most imigrants work harder than British people! I just think it's stupid to carry on like this with all the unemployment and public services spread to thin.

And you have to realise that the current benifit culture is a major cause of why we're in such a mess

100% this

• Members

And you have to realise that the current benifit culture is a major cause of why we're in such a mess.

But you also have to think as to WHY the current benefit culture exists.

I'm in full resolve that if I get made unemployed again, I'm going on the dole for a bit. I don't see much incentive in working anymore!

• Members

It was the Jews causing all the problems in the 1930's , yes; reported by the Daily Mail on our shores..they supported Moseleys "brown shirts" , basically the British Nazi party !!!

Not trying to tell people what to think, god forbid, but we are in a much deeper hole than blaming minorities will ever get us out of; not talking debt here either...just national identity! black or white is a side issue..what is this countries "mission statement", what is the UK about; what in {censored}s sake are we doing, why the {censored} are we here ?

• Members

Thought of changing career? Doesnt sound like much fun.

Ironically, I can't afford to! You don't get any retraining opportunities in the UK. If you don't have a good chunk of savings behind you, if your industry goes in the UK, you're {censored}ed!

I'm sure most of IT in the UK is the same.

• Members
It was the Jews causing all the problems in the 1930's , yes; reported by the Daily Mail on our shores..they supported Moseleys "brown shirts" , basically the British Nazi party !!!

Not trying to tell people what to think, god forbid, but we are in a much deeper hole than blaming minorities will ever get us out of; not talking debt here either...just national identity! black or white is a side issue..what is this countries "mission statement", what is the UK about; what in {censored}s sake are we doing, why the {censored} are we here ?

:facepalm:

• Members
I was being a bit tongue in cheak with my mail comment, but usually the whole 'doest speak ing-ur-lish comment can safely be put in with "I'm not racist but.."

Sad times.

It's my biggest seller today, most DM readers are rude idiots :lol: honestly just arsy belligerent time wasting miserable peasants..some have a lot of money aswell ;) ... still peasants :mad:

I run the fine line to avoid conversation with these folks, but still get them to come and buy papers from me :facepalm:

• Members
It's my biggest seller today, most DM readers are rude idiots
:lol:
honestly just arsy belligerent time wasting miserable peasants..some have a lot of money aswell
;)
... still peasants
:mad:

Intresting....how do sum up the following readers?

Sun
Daily Star
Express
Sport
Guardian
Times

Can't think of any others, me I only ready the trashy Southend Echo :thu:

• Members

I think people get a little bit too heat up over the immigration thing. Its a lump of land that people live on. Ultimately we're going to rely on it to keep the population afloat as europe is generally heading into a population decline as people just arent having kids anymore.

• Members

Dont buy your sanger there perhaps? Dont like it, dont support it.

I've not bought a sandwich there since, so I've already followed your advice. It's overpriced anyway. But not everyone would understand that I stopped going there because I don't like not being understood, not because I'm a horrible racist!

Yeah and the whole "I'm not racist but..." thing? Well, I wait to hear what the but is before I judge them.

Archived