Pic of tallicas live rack (Diezel content)

thefyn

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Your proably right. I still think it all went down hill
after AJFA. Maybe his stuff works better when ran thru
the PA then onstage.?

Its funny.

Everyone bashes metallica to be cool.

fact is though, loads of people couldnt help themselves but to look at this thread.

Secretly, everyone wants Jaymz's tone.

• Members

surprised hetfield didn't give the herbert a go ,the vh4 is a nice versatile amp but hardly a high gain monster that is more suited to metallica's output.

This just reinforces the my assertion that the only part of your brain that works is the part that allows to you breathe, eat and {censored}.

I mean holy {censored}. Have you ever even played a VH4? If you turn the gain up past 10:00 on channel 4, it's unusable.

• Members

I think his Diezel tone is ok but his Mesa tone was far superior IMO. I personally don't know what got him into using Diezel VH4's. I guessing he just got tired of using the same rig for years and years and wanted to mix it up some.

• Members

EEEWWW. Half of the racks on any forum piss on that lame GC {censored}.

Line 6? seriously?

Half of the racks on any forum also live in people's bedrooms so I fail to really see your point. I don't even really like Hetfield's tone but he's toured the world over and over and obviously likes what he has in this rig. Who cares what name is on what piece of gear? Half of the racks on any forum may be full of uber-boutique gear but if it never leaves the house or is turned up beyond 1 then really, what's the point?

• Members

more proof that you can get better tones from mesa mark series than 2 racks full of expensive crap.

This is true. The sad thing is Mesa has a tendency to abandon their designs right after they start hitting their stride. In my perfect world, they would still make a Mark (insert letters here) whenever you asked them to...and they wouldn't charge "Re-Issue prices for them"...

• Members
:lol:
I do think his tone on Reload and Garage Inc. is fantastic.

IMO, his tone on Load is great too. On Load and Reload, Jaymz' guitars seem to sit back more than on their previous records, but the tone is great. As for the main amp he used, IIRC it was the Wizard Classic.

As For Garage Inc, I'm pretty sure it was just his road racks used for recording.

• Members

Half of the racks on any forum also live in people's bedrooms so I fail to really see your point. I don't even really like Hetfield's tone but he's toured the world over and over and obviously likes what he has in this rig. Who cares what name is on what piece of gear? Half of the racks on any forum may be full of uber-boutique gear but if it never leaves the house or is turned up beyond 1 then really, what's the point?

+11ty billion.

• Members

What is your point?:confused::confused:

Whether they go out or not has nothing to do with what I was saying, Mr. bateman.

All I said was Jaymz's gear is {censored}, and most forumites' gear is awesome.:thu::thu:

• Members
What is your point?
:confused:
:confused:

Whether they go out or not has nothing to do with what I was saying, Mr. bateman.

All I said was Jaymz's gear is {censored}, and most forumites' gear is awesome.
:thu:
:thu:

That he has what he wants in his rig that's seeing venues the world over. And he's getting tones that a lot of people seem to like with apparently "inferior" gear. Most of the guys with the booteek fridge racks cannot a) play for {censored} and b) get good tone for {censored}.

• Members

That he has what he wants in his rig that's seeing venues the world over. And he's getting tones that a lot of people seem to like with apparently "inferior" gear. Most of the guys with the booteek fridge racks cannot a) play for {censored} and b) get good tone for {censored}.

this too.

• Members

Also considering when you tour, having uber-boutique gear is fairly silly for tons of practical reasons. If something blows up, gets destroyed in fire/bus crashes, or needs heavy repairs...its much easier to replace something that is top of the line but still mass produced than a one-off piece of custom gear.

Metallica tours incessantly and needs gear that can take the beatings of the road, not shiny pretty pieces of gear to impress the guys on a forum who never leave the bedroom.

Archived