Woooah. Just played a Charvel So cal. Deposit payed.

lenster

• Members

Yeah, those Charvels are the best deal out there right now in my opinion. You got Gibson jacking up their prices and selling $4000 guitars, Fender selling strats for $1500, etc. The Charvels are $1000, Made in the USA, great necks, pickups, etc. Just a great overall guitar.

USA Fender standards are $999

• Members

Yeah, those Charvels are the best deal out there right now in my opinion. You got Gibson jacking up their prices and selling $4000 guitars, Fender selling strats for $1500, etc. The Charvels are $1000, Made in the USA, great necks, pickups, etc. Just a great overall guitar.

Like Jon said Strats are $999. If you are talking about a Deluxe then you are talking about a whole other league of guitar. The Charvels are great for the money but the difference is the 2 and 3 piece bodies (Fender does this too on their Standards), Korean FR, etc. Again they are great for the money but LPs are right around $2000 if you do not want flashy so your logic is flawed or you are just clueless to prices.

• Members

Especially with the quality of those $4000 gibson's being that of a $500 guitar. I'm in the market for a new guitar, something NOT fenderish, since I have that covered. I played about 10 Les Pauls, and all of them had intonation issues. All of them had inconsistant feel of the tuners. All of them had cosmetic issues of one thing or another (glue, paint, etc). I can't justify a $4000 gibson when I can buy a Suhr for less and have a near perfect guitar.

• Members

Intonation issues on a guitar at your local music store?........

:idea:

Maybe they needed to be intonated?

:facepalm:

It was purely a poorly installed fret wire. Tuning on open and 12th fret was fine. But like the best behaving one that I played was very sharp on the fourth fret, but only the forth fret. I get that a guitar may not be set up perfectly at the store. But... that's not a set up issue, that's a craftsmanship issue and is unacceptable on a $4000 guitar.

• Members

I've seen a bunch of these So Cals on eBay, Craigslist, and in some local stores like Sam Ash.

I am so scared to play one because I'm pretty sure that I'll end up buying it on the spot.

Thats sums up my experience perfectly.

• Members

I bought a candy plum SoCal that I loved. Still have it, and love it. However, two weeks ago I picked up a used mystic dream JP6 from a forumite for $1250 that is my number one right now. I think its in a different league. If you're willing to go used and can find one for around $1200 its worth the couple of extra hundred to me.

• Members

Almost impossible to beat, bang-for-buck value if you're looking for a quality super-Strat.

I'm gassing HARD for either a trans candy gold San Dimas...

2825003370.jpg

or a pagan gold So Cal...

charvel-socalgold.jpg

:love:

Another guy bought the trans candy gold ( pre ordered) at the same time. When they pulled it out of the box everyones jaw dropped. Looked absulutely stunning in that colour.

• Members

Another guy bought the trans candy gold ( pre ordered) at the same time. When they pulled it out of the box everyones jaw dropped. Looked absulutely stunning in that colour.

Dang, that's not helping my GAS any! :mad:

I was kind of wondering about that, how the TCG finish looked in person. It looks kind of plain in some of the pics I've seen, and positively sweeeet in others.

I was kind of leaning more towards the San Dimas anyway, I like the HSS config. better! I just wish it came with a 5-way switch.

• Members

Dang, that's not helping my GAS any!
:mad:

I was kind of wondering about that, how the TCG finish looked in person. It looks kind of plain in some of the pics I've seen, and positively sweeeet in others.

I was kind of leaning more towards the San Dimas anyway, I like the HSS config. better! I just wish it came with a 5-way switch.

:lol:

You can see the grain of the timber really well and the finisj as i said is really stunning.

Archived