VHT/Fryette is TEH BEST.

Chrisjd

• Members

Ever since I got my 100 CL, I have been in major love with the amp. It sounds so sweet, fluid, and open, yet is very clear and brutal at the same time.

It reacts to your playing and feels alive. Perfect amount of saturation. Takes my delay pedal like a champ.

I just love everything about my VHT, and I am thinknig of selling an amp or two and getting another, either a UL, Sig X or possibly even a CLX.

The quality, versatility, and most of all, TOANE, are top notch.

Long live teh vht/Fryette.

• Members

I am with you Chris. I love my Sig: X and D120. Other than a Snax and possibly the Mak4, the ONLY amp I can imagine buying is an UL. Been considering losing the D120 for a CL as well but I just love the ease of the Deliverance. Plug and chug! Now I just need the matching Fryette cabs.

• Members
Change your avatar now though.

:lol: I still think the Cobra is perhaps the best head ever for straight up mean tones.

I have the utmost respect for that heads crunch channel. Some live shows I have played were THAT much better because of how well that amp filled out the sound and destroyed everything.

• Members

I am with you Chris. I love my Sig: X and D120. Other than a Snax and possibly the Mak4, the ONLY amp I can imagine buying is an UL. Been considering losing the D120 for a CL as well but I just love the ease of the Deliverance. Plug and chug! Now I just need the matching Fryette cabs.

How does the gain channel of the sig x compare to the D120? is the deliverance more brootz?

• Members

Ever since I got my 100 CL, I have been in major love with the amp. It sounds so sweet, fluid, and open, yet is very clear and brutal at the same time.

It reacts to your playing and feels alive. Perfect amount of saturation. Takes my delay pedal like a champ.

I just love everything about my VHT, and I am thinknig of selling an amp or two and getting another, either a UL, Sig X or possibly even a CLX.

The quality, versatility, and most of all, TOANE, are top notch.

Long live teh vht/Fryette.

Ive been telling you people this since day one!!!

• Members

How does the gain channel of the sig x compare to the D120? is the deliverance more brootz?

No, I think the Sig is actually a bit more brutal based on the straight amps gain. Red channel on the Sig feels like a slightly more pushed Deliverance. The orange channel cops my D120 pretty well dead to nuts which is why I am considering selling it for a CL. I use the D120 for my "no frills" punk rock amp. May just keep it and buy the CL. I do really want a UL though.

My question is, are there enough tonal differences between the Sig, CL and UL to necessitate owning the 3 of them.

• Members

The D120 absolutely floored me when I played it. I was expecting br00tz, overloaded pre-amp gain mess...

Very cool amp that just sounded.... for lack of a better word, authentic. Totally bare bones, and beastly. Loved it, and glad to hear you're digging you're UL :thu:

• Members

No, I think the Sig is actually a bit more brutal based on the straight amps gain. Red channel on the Sig feels like a slightly more pushed Deliverance. The orange channel cops my D120 pretty well dead to nuts which is why I am considering selling it for a CL. I use the D120 for my "no frills" punk rock amp. May just keep it and buy the CL. I do really want a UL though.

My question is, are there enough tonal differences between the Sig, CL and UL to necessitate owning the 3 of them.

Thanks for the response, interesting to hear that.

The CL and UL are a lot different. CL has EL34s and UL has KT88s.

The UL is a LOT stiffer and dryer. The CL is still tight but with more bloom and warmth. I actually like the CL a bit more.

• Members

The tightness and ability to cut open the throats of all comers is worth the price. (cuts good in a mix) Matched up with a fat bottom they are hard to beat. Love my UL, had a Cobra for a while but ultimately the UL won. Fits my style better. :rawk:

• Members
The D120 absolutely floored me when I played it.
I was expecting br00tz
, overloaded pre-amp gain mess...

Very cool amp that just sounded.... for lack of a better word, authentic. Totally bare bones, and beastly. Loved it, and glad to hear you're digging you're UL
:thu:

Oh trust me, the br00tz are in there too :D

• Members
:lol:
I still think the Cobra is perhaps the best head ever for straight up mean tones.

I have the utmost respect for that heads crunch channel. Some live shows I have played were THAT much better because of how well that amp filled out the sound and destroyed everything.

cool. :thu:

Does your Baron have el34s or 6l6s? My friend is gonna order the MII100 with 6L6s.

• Members
cool.
:thu:

Does your Baron have el34s or 6l6s? My friend is gonna order the MII100 with 6L6s.

It has 6L6 and is a very bright and sparkling amp. Tons of upper mids and not much low end. Still sounds awesome though. I would recommend a pickup with more low-mids.

• Members

I've loved every VHT/Fryette I've ever played. I owned a 50cl and a Sig X each for quite awhile. Got to borrow a friend's UL for awhile which has probably been my favorite. By themself, they sound 'dry' and 'unforgiving', but in a band context, that's what makes it end up cutting through so well.

I'm still seriously contemplating buying a UL! But I also really love my Titan!

Archived