ot: attention nerds, who's stoked for starcraft 2 tonight?

xmorgan socialx

• Members

I've been waiting for this game for almost 14 years, but I'm not at the level of nerdiness to wait in line for it tonight. I'll probably get it this coming weekend.

Wait in line? Just buy it online, download it, and it will activate tomorrow at ten in the morning.

• Members

I've been waiting for this game for almost 14 years, but I'm not at the level of nerdiness to wait in line for it tonight. I'll probably get it this coming weekend.

I'm usually not the midnight release kind of guy, I've only done it once and it was 6 years ago when Halo 2 came out and I was 17. However, I work across the street from gamestop where I have my game pre-ordered and paid in full and I get off at 10:30 tonight, so if I'm not too tired I might as well just go get it.

• Members

The original C&C rapes the original starcraft. I'm just wondering what they brought to the table this time...

Oh lord no. I couldn't get into any of the C&C games though.

Edit: As to the original post. I might get it in 5 years, when I might possibly have a computer that could run it. Maybe.

• Members

Oh lord no. I couldn't get into any of the C&C games though.

Edit: As to the original post. I might get it in 5 years, when I might possibly have a computer that could run it. Maybe.

you dont meet these menial requirements?

Dual Core 2.4Ghz processor, 2GB of RAM and either a 512MB NVIDIA GeForce 8800 or ATI Radeon HD 3870

• Members

Not after trying to get it to run in WINE i wouldn't. I'll wait til the smart folk figure that out and i actually buy a video card for this rig. Oh crap, I have one. Er, when I get around to installing the video card in this rig.

Processor power and RAM i'm good on though. I'm always leery of "minimum requirements" though. Too many bad memories from my DOS days of games that technically worked, but not in any playable fashion.

Edit: I looked at that box on the video card I have, its an 8400....so yeah, apparently i don't meet the requirements. It obvious this thing wasn't built for gaming?

• Members
heres the minimum

Windows XP/Windows Vista/Windows 7 (Latest Service Packs) with DirectX 9.0c

2.6 GHz Pentium IV or equivalent AMD Athlon processor

128 MB PCIe NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT or ATI Radeon 9800 PRO video card or better

That would be the issue right there. ;)

Seriously though, I've had that card for months now, damn I'm lazy.

Archived