Jet City JCA-100H VS. Soldano SLO-100

ourdarkestdays

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Just as a side note/question...isnt the new two channel 20W head supposed to have the "SLO circuit"?

Yes, but They also refer the OD channel on the 50 and 100 as the SLO circuit. There are a few vid's of Mike Soldano talking about the 100H and he refers to it as the SLO channel. So basically, it's going to be the same OD circuit as the 50 and 100's. (which is not much different than an SLO circuit and sounds awesome)

• Members

Yes, but They also refer the OD channel on the 50 and 100 as the SLO circuit. There are a few vid's of Mike Soldano talking about the 100H and he refers to it as the SLO channel. So basically, it's going to be the same OD circuit as the 50 and 100's. (which is not much different than an SLO circuit and sounds awesome)

I am really interested to hear it with the EL84 power section. My favorite power tubes, but I'm not sure how they will do with high gain. I'm guessing "awesome" but we'll see.

• Members

I am really interested to hear it with the EL84 power section. My favorite power tubes, but I'm not sure how they will do with high gain. I'm guessing "awesome" but we'll see.

yeah. It may not have a choke either like the 50 and 100's do, so that may change it up a bit as well

• Members

Just to let everyone know, a friend of mine owned an Avenger that was loaded with DeYoung transformer's. Ed Degenaro owned the amp at one point. Not sure if it was a custom model or not. It did rip, we still boosted it with a MIJ Boss SD-1 and it sounded great.

I had Mike build that Avenger to those specs for me and I gave it to Ed as a birthday present.

It was pretty special...:)

• Members

yeah I talked to doug about it and he said there was such an insignificant difference that it wasn't even worth their time.

Yeah I had the HR100 (with the Onetics) and now I have the JCA100H - same exact amp. In the beginning I though the JCA was really close but not exactly the same.. well that was mostly due to the stock tubes. Now that I've retubed the amp and got to play it for a while - it's the SAME amp as the HR100.

• Members

It's cool that this is an old thread and most people who people posted in it back then still has the amp in their sig today
:)
More than just the flavor of the day
:cool:

I think HC needs to integrate the "Like" feature from Facebook :D

Still rockin' my JCA and its here to stay.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

How's this for crazy...?

I'm thinking of selling my JVM205H....then probably getting the new JCA22H or 100HDM

It would be nice if I am able to try these soon...

The JVM is actually really nice, but for me, there are too many options to tweak. I spend all my time tweaking instead of playing..just like when I used to have a Pod..

Archived