interesting read, old Dumble amp order form/price sheet/contract

mloker

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Bad and mentally retarded. As much as pretentious douches pretend to like him no one listens to him by themselves in the privacy of their own home.

On the radio I'll play music by various free improv and free jazz musicians and people listen. :idk: I don't care for it myself, though.

• Members

I had no idea he was still alive! I love the $2000 4x12 (in only 60 days, wow!).

Dumble was one of the guys who covered the innards of his stuff with opaque plastic goop, wasn't he?

Seems like he might be the first. Long before Freekish Blooz, anyway

• Members

That kaiser dude in the {censored}ing sweatpants is a talentless hack. Sucks balls for days. Id rather listen to zakk wylde.

I'm not really fond of his music (though he has made some pretty good atmospheric stuff when playing in a band that tries to be less experimental) but the Kaiser movie is most definitely very entertaining, from the unintentional comedy aspect that is. The drum solo near the end, for example, is pure concentrated epicness. Totally on par with Yoko Ono disturbingly whining all over Beatles performances. :lol:

Who else than Kaiser has the balls to totally rape Dumble amp tone and also have Mr. "I audition if guys are worthy of my amps" to back him up while doing so. :poke:

"Little demons grabbing the wang bar..." Waaaayyy better stuff than Spinal Tap. :lol:

Zakk Wylde, on the other hand, is both a totally boring musician and a totally boring comedian.

• Members

His contract is brilliant: "If you're deemed worthy then give me the dough and don't contact me again or you wont get an amp or the cash. When it's ready you can arrange shipping and send me all the packaging materials."

{censored}ing legend.

I completely get the piss-take "phone consultation" rates. I imagine that's intended as a deterrent rather than a revenue stream... If you don't have a secretary to filter all the bull{censored} then people will happily eat up your whole day waffling on about crap. His business model does not appear to require a secretary to remain successful. :lol:

Archived