Do you think Winger looks back and says....

Cougar Hunter

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

3:19
:cop::lol:

17 is perfectly legal over here...
:thu:

That sounded really tight....

• Members

Awesome ... but a question: Does this jeans & t-shirt version seem more palatable to the maps forum (as compared to the original spandex & big hair) ? I think the "image" of the 80's metal bands turns so many kids off today rather than the actual music (feel free to insert your favorite lame Poison song which you feel represents the 80's if it makes you feel better - I know you want to).

For the record, any maps forum member that doesn't like this track needs an attitude adjustment - there's just not alot to dislike there ... great hook (even us 40+ year olders who remember when it was new can still relate to the lyrics - hey, we're not dead yet), great chops by any measure. Just some good {censored} right there ...

HT

• Members

Like many have said. Smokin' musicians. Sure they were products of the 80's music scene, but they sure could play and they were great live. Reb is of course killer and Rod M. is ridiculous. Kip is a solid bass player. Great band.

Songs weren't great, but good. Great vocals.

Talented for sure.:thu:

• Members

I have loads of respect for Winger as musicians, but I loathe their music. I can say this for many bands. I heard somewhere Kip went to Berklee or Juiliard or something like that. A real, and groomed, talent. Speaking of grooming... isn't it about time for Kip to lose the George Michael beard?

• Members

The Ramones were {censored}ing terrible, i dont get the following/cult status
:facepalm:

So friggin' agreed...

I was going to comment on the whole "Winger" thing, but this takes precedence. The Ra-drones were the single worst "band" of any era, I had the misfortune of seeing these all-image, no-ability clowns at L'Amours in Brooklyn, years ago. The same 3 chords, the same beat, and the same monotone bull{censored} droning vox, for 2 {censored}ing hours. Great cure for insomnia; I actually fell asleep standing up (Mr Ed impression). Living proof that loud 'n fast w/o purpose= :facepalm:

Their fans always reminded me of Deadheads; in other words, the band's music sucked out loud, but the subculture/image thing just mesmerized them.

• Members

The Ramones were {censored}ing terrible, i dont get the following/cult status

I like a lot of older punk music but never got the Ramones, either. :idk: IMO, even Rush's "Bastille Day" from '75 sounds closer to the type of punk music I like than what the Ramones put out. :D

• Members

So friggin' agreed...

I was going to comment on the whole "Winger" thing, but this takes precedence. The Ra-drones were the single worst "band" of any era, I had the misfortune of seeing these all-image, no-ability clowns at L'Amours in Brooklyn, years ago. The same 3 chords, the same beat, and the same monotone bull{censored} droning vox, for 2 {censored}ing hours. Great cure for insomnia; I actually fell asleep standing up (Mr Ed impression). Living proof that loud 'n fast w/o purpose=

Their fans always reminded me of Deadheads; in other words, the band's music sucked out loud, but the subculture/image thing just mesmerized them.

Even though the singer and guitarist from the Ramones are dead I would much rather hear them record a record than winger.

Their rotting corpses would sound much better for sure.

• Members

Just shows you that talent and music ability no matter how good doesn't = great songs. This S**T sucks balls. As for The Ramones - guess what 20 years from now I wanna be Sedated will still be played on the radio, sports games and whatever else. Say what you will but I would much rather have the Ramones still all alive than the Nabisco kid and clan. Hell even Danger Danger was better than this smudge stain. Well mostly cuz of Andy Timmons.

• Members

Even though the singer and guitarist from the Ramones are dead I would much rather hear them record a record than winger.

Between the video of the spiders and the Ramones :poke:

u LOSE

now GTFO

:p

:wave:

• Members

Awesome ... but a question: Does this jeans & t-shirt version seem more palatable to the maps forum (as compared to the original spandex & big hair) ? I think the "image" of the 80's metal bands turns so many kids off today rather than the actual music (feel free to insert your favorite lame Poison song which you feel represents the 80's if it makes you feel better - I know you want to).

For the record, any maps forum member that doesn't like this track needs an attitude adjustment - there's just not alot to dislike there ... great hook (even us 40+ year olders who remember when it was new can still relate to the lyrics - hey, we're not dead yet), great chops by any measure. Just some good {censored} right there ...

HT

Very true. Alot of bands that try to bring this kinda sound back try to dress the same too and it doesnt really work unless your a parody eg steel panther (who are awesome ). I think if someone was to actually dress normal (or atleast an image that doesnt include spandex) and bring the sound back there audience could be increased.

• Members

Now that you mention it, the sound of their corpses decomposing would also be a vast improvement over the entire LIVING Ramones catalog! :lol:

• Members

And thank God for shotguns and Courtney Love, otherwise we wouldn't have the Foo Fighters:cop:

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!No {censored} huh???

but back to it, they are definetly a tight group. Thats the way I like it. I can't stand it when you think a band is great until you see them live.

Archived