How often do you hear this...

Syyle

• Members

"Yo man, you turn down your guitar amp and keep your stage volume low and I will take care of you in your monitors, guaranteed! It'll sound great!" - Dip{censored} soundguy

:rolleyes:

I'm tired of having to turn down to where the sound guy wants me to be, then not hearing a god damn thing in the monitors the whole show. THEN, confronting the sound guy about this, and having him tell me that it was because my amp was too loud...EVEN THOUGH I TURNED DOWN TO WHERE HE TOLD ME TO!!!!

{censored}, I tell yah...i need to start angling my guitar cabinet from near the front corner of the stage back at the drummer, and washing the stage with sound. i imagine i could crank it a bit more in that case.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This is how we solve this problem:

"Don't mic the {censored}ing cabinets. Mic the drums and the voice. We'll take care of the guitars."

Problem solved. Plus in 99% of the places you're going to play, you don't need to be in the system.

Amps sound better than PA speakers. Use those.

• Members

"Don't mic the {censored}ing cabinets. Mic the drums and the voice. We'll take care of the guitars."

Problem solved. Plus in 99% of the places you're going to play, you don't need to be in the system.

Yeah, but he was probably just too loud.

• Members

Who listens to the sound guy? Those pillow biters wouldn't know their ass from a hole in the ground. Speaking of holes... they don't get laid either. You know who does get laid? The guitarist that brought his FULL STACK to the gig, so each audience member had their own dedicated speaker.

• Members

Ick.

• Members

Ick.

You know what happens when your guitar cabinets are producing the same signal that's coming through the PA? You know...pointed in the same direction (like towards the audience)? It's called phase cancellation.

That means either mud or icepicks. You choose.

• Members
"Too loud" shouldn't be in your {censored}ing vocabulary, BOY.

GODDAMNIT THISSSSSSS!!!!!

:rawk:

/metul

You know what happens when your guitar cabinets are producing the same signal that's coming through the PA? You know...pointed in the same direction (like towards the audience)? It's called phase cancellation.

That means either mud or icepicks. You choose.

LOL someone had their Wheaties this morning. :lol:

• Members

TLNimrod only likes to hear his Goo Goo Doll covers being played through his Cover Band PA. It gets the 50 year old bitches groaning.

Maybe the people out in the audience are tired of hearing your jack-off, neo-hippie-rock bull{censored} 'riffs' blasting ballz out at 90000000000000000 decibels and attacking their eardrums like crack whore without a fix all while drowning out everybody else in the band (which might be OK because they suck slightly less than you) and killing kittens several blocks away.

• Members

You were too loud.

I laugh every time I see a guitar player bro hero with a 4x12 standing 20 feet off to the side of his rig and then he turns it up because he can't hear himself. Even better is when he turns up after standing near the cymbals the first few songs.

Always blame the sound man. :lol::cop::facepalm:

• Members

Who listens to the sound guy? Those pillow biters wouldn't know their ass from a hole in the ground. Speaking of holes... they don't get laid either. You know who does get laid? The guitarist that brought his FULL STACK to the gig, so each audience member had their own dedicated speaker.

my secret man crush for you has just grown...in my pants.

• Members

Maybe the people out in the audience are tired of hearing your jack-off, neo-hippie-rock bull{censored} 'riffs' blasting ballz out at 90000000000000000 decibels and attacking their eardrums like crack whore without a fix all while drowning out everybody else in the band (which might be OK because they suck slightly less than you) and killing kittens several blocks away.

Why else would I bring the 2nd 4x12? The first is enough for the music, but the 2nd one... it weeds out our true fans from the drunkies at the bar.

Archived