So.... Deal OF THE CENTURY!!!

MetalMarlon

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I still can't believe it. I have almost the exact JMP that I PAID for!!!!! And he gets a half-stack just given to him.

And it still has the S/N on it. Most stolen stuff has it scratched off.

And I looked in it and it has the drake trany and daily Caps too, so it has not been gutted too bad, if at all.

• Members

To me it's believable. People are f'n stupid sometimes. My little brother used to do demolition derbies all over the US, so him and his buddies would spend a lot of free time driving around back roads and small towns looking for cars to use for the derby. He ran into quite a few pretty nice, valuable collector cars that the owners were absolutely unwilling to sell at any price and then when he'd come back a couple months later the cars would be gone....most of them given away for free to the car crusher.

Some cars that got crushed:

1959 Plymouth Fury coupe, 40k original miles, garage kept. Beautiful condition.
Late 70's Gremlin X with a 304. Runner/driver condition.
1966 Mustang, 289, 4spd, also runner/driver condition.
1970 Yenko Nova. Needed resto, but all there and pretty solid.
Several tri-five Chevys in various conditions.

Like I said, people are stupid. They'll flat refuse to sell something, but then one day they'll get a bug and that car/amp/whatever needs to be the hell out of their house/garage NOW. So, they'll give it away instead of trying to sell.

• Members

Why can't things like this ever happen to me?

A few months ago, there was a guy on my local Craig's List selling thousands of old tubes he had stashed in his garage since the 50's. He only wanted $50 dollars for all of them. Someone else got to him before I did. :cry:

• Members
So, after he sells this stuff, does he give at least part of the money back to Goodwill? If not, he's a jagoff.

He is going to keep it. On the last album he wanted to record with a JCM 800, but it did not pan out. And now he basically has one.

I told him to take the head to the local tech to get the run through, see if it needs new tubes (SED =C= 6550s) or any touch ups. And to put some WGS Veteran 30s in the cab. :love:

He would be looking at probably $400-$500 which is a GOD DAMN steal for a retubed, new speakers, totally tits rig!!!!!!

I'm so jealous!!!! It just does not end!!!! :mad:

• Members

Holy Crap that is AWESOME!!!! I dont have that kind of luck. The only thing that has ever happened to me like that is a few months ago I found a big box of old tubes at work. My boss said take em, so I did. I ended up getting almost $600 out of them. I ended up getting a new Blackstar with the cash so it was a good score:thu:

• Members

This Troll Thread does not deliver............

Sincerely, I don't believe it. It's possible, but highly unlikely.

What you really need is to open it up & find a signature or repair slip from somebody famous in it or something like that in order to take it to the next level

• Members

Yes because thieves often donate their takings to Goodwill.

How about stolen FROM Goodwill. That amp & cab would have been donations that would have gotten them quite a bit of money.

I'm all for Goodwill amps. I bought my '67 Princeton Reverb Blackface from a Goodwill... BOUGHT!!!

Dude, you need to make a generous donation or incur some horrible karma.

• Members

How about stolen
FROM
Goodwill. That amp & cab would have been donations that would have gotten them quite a bit of money.

I'm all for Goodwill amps. I bought my '67 Princeton Reverb Blackface from a Goodwill... BOUGHT!!!

Dude, you need to make a generous donation or incur some horrible karma.

Bull{censored}. This WAS his good Karma.

Archived