Went to a show tonight and well... fml

nitrous2400

• Members

Had a crappy day after having to work on the holiday, band was supposed to have practice tonight but it got cancelled :facepalm: so I had the night free up. Went to a show, not really a big fan of the bands but it was a way to get out of the house and hang with friends. Dr acula and my children my bride were the two bands I actually caught in time. Dr acula were running a jsx and pv cab and a recto and mesa cab. They're from LI so they normally have fun and get a good reaction really cool dudes too. MCMB came on and I'm not honestly a fan but they sounded pretty sick soundwise much better than the last time i saw them. They run 6505s and blackmores, the guitar tone was pretty good and I really never liked them or their tone at past shows but there was definitely an improvement.

Anyways I went to meet up with my friend and he was with his girlfriend, we talked for a while and he went to the front and his girl and I stayed in the back and out of the way of dancing and bs. I was really enjoying the band mix for once and just watching what the guitarists were playing and stupid nonsense. So they go through about 3-4 songs and I'm watching the stage and not my peripheral vision because I'm way out of the way, so out of nowhere this guy runs up and comes at me and girl, there wasn't anytime to do anything so I pushed her away and braced myself and instead of just like bumping or charging into me he wound up {censored}in punching me square in the face. For no reason whatsoever and I could tell the dude #1 put his weight into it and #2 had a running start. so he hit me and I just felt my lip split wide open and my neck snap back I was really shocked obviously I mean yes I'm at a show but I was absolutely no where near where the dude should have been aiming and it made me think it was premeditated or something. So it took me a few seconds to regain my balance and compose myself and when I picked my head up every girl around me just stared at me with the " D: face" just a face of horror :lol: I wound up leaking blood everywhere all over my good shirt, my lucky jeans, my shoes you name it. I didn't think it was that bad till I felt blood dripping down my beard and my neck. I wound up walking to the bathroom where I left a puddle of blood in the sink, my teeth were stained with blood and I wound up spitting blood for about 5mins. Grabbed some towels and walked back out leaking through them.

I'm pretty sure I should have gotten stitches since its a really really wide gash but its the inside of the lip and hopefully it'll heal up fast. Unfortunately I have work in the morning, my lip is about 4x its normal size even after icing it, and its purple so its definitely noticeable. I'm really hoping I don't lose my job over this {censored} I definitely don't look very presentable in the least bit but I wasn't about to let this small dainty girl get destroyed :cry: I'm still bleeding and I've been home for about 2hrs and I just don't know anymore... It just {censored}in got me really upset that I was watching the bands performance and actually listening to the music and I got {censored}in layed out for no reason. Its getting way to common around here, and well it shouldn't be, I'm really starting to hate heavy music and I've been on the fence about music in general and this {censored} happens, it just makes me laugh because well this is how my luck has been lately and its really getting to me.

Summary I have a busted lip from an asshole at a show...FMFL

Give me advice on how to treat it besides ice...is there any good topical medicine or vitamin based supplements that might help reduce swelling or bruising ?

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Damn dude, that sux. :(

Violent assholes at shows blow. There's getting into the music and being nuts in the pit...but....running and throwing a punch at some guy just standing on the periphery? WTF?

Hope it heals up fast, I have no real suggestions except some ibuprofen (advil) for swelling and pain, and hmmm...dunno if there is something topical to reduce swelling as well.

Sorry ya had such a {censored}ty night. :(

• Members
Had a crappy day after having to work on the holiday, band was supposed to have practice tonight but it got cancelled
:facepalm:
so I had the night free up. Went to a show, not really a big fan of the bands but it was a way to get out of the house and hang with friends. Dr acula and my children my bride were the two bands I actually caught in time. Dr acula were running a jsx and pv cab and a recto and mesa cab. They're from LI so they normally have fun and get a good reaction really cool dudes too. MCMB came on and I'm not honestly a fan but they sounded pretty sick soundwise much better than the last time i saw them. They run 6505s and blackmores, the guitar tone was pretty good and I really never liked them or their tone at past shows but there was definitely an improvement.

Anyways I went to meet up with my friend and he was with his girlfriend, we talked for a while and he went to the front and his girl and I stayed in the back and out of the way of dancing and bs. I was really enjoying the band mix for once and just watching what the guitarists were playing and stupid nonsense. So they go through about 3-4 songs and I'm watching the stage and not my peripheral vision because I'm way out of the way, so out of nowhere this guy runs up and comes at me and girl, there wasn't anytime to do anything so I pushed her away and braced myself and instead of just like bumping or charging into me he wound up {censored}in punching me square in the face. For no reason whatsoever and I could tell the dude #1 put his weight into it and #2 had a running start. so he hit me and I just felt my lip split wide open and my neck snap back I was really shocked obviously I mean yes I'm at a show but I was absolutely no where near where the dude should have been aiming and it made me think it was premeditated or something. So it took me a few seconds to regain my balance and compose myself and when I picked my head up every girl around me just stared at me with the " D: face" just a face of horror
:lol:
I wound up leaking blood everywhere all over my good shirt, my lucky jeans, my shoes you name it. I didn't think it was that bad till I felt blood dripping down my beard and my neck. I wound up walking to the bathroom where I left a puddle of blood in the sink, my teeth were stained with blood and I wound up spitting blood for about 5mins. Grabbed some towels and walked back out leaking through them.

I'm pretty sure I should have gotten stitches since its a really really wide gash but its the inside of the lip and hopefully it'll heal up fast. Unfortunately I have work in the morning, my lip is about 4x its normal size even after icing it, and its purple so its definitely noticeable. I'm really hoping I don't lose my job over this {censored} I definitely don't look very presentable in the least bit but I wasn't about to let this small dainty girl get destroyed
:cry:
I'm still bleeding and I've been home for about 2hrs and I just don't know anymore... It just {censored}in got me really upset that I was watching the bands performance and actually listening to the music and I got {censored}in layed out for no reason. Its getting way to common around here, and well it shouldn't be, I'm really starting to hate heavy music and I've been on the fence about music in general and this {censored} happens, it just makes me laugh because well this is how my luck has been lately and its really getting to me.

Summary I have a busted lip from an asshole at a show...FMFL

Give me advice on how to treat it besides ice...is there any good topical medicine or vitamin based supplements that might help reduce swelling or bruising ?

Where is the part about him getting kicked out for sucker punching you, or you coming out of the bathroom, grabbing a chair and wrapping it around his {censored}ing head? :confused:

• Members

PS my friend I was with wound up getting hit too, he went after the kid during the show and he got jumped by 10 dudes...He has black eyes and a wrecked face. So yeah I hate shows, I hate the scumbags at these shows lately who just go there to {censored}in hit people and they never pay any consequences because they're not policed theres never enough sercurity at private shows not at real venues and well you're at a "concert" and you assault people who are listening to music. How pathetic can you be seriously? I don't know if this {censored} was honestly malicious tonight that someones got problems with my friends or what, but damn I just can't get away from BS lately, this is honestly the least of my worries but its just annoying that I go out to enjoy myself rather than staying home being angry about work and life and I get punched in the face :lol:

anyway /rant I have a bumping headache right now and I have to be up in 4 hours seriously {censored} my life

• Members
Damn dude, that sux.
:(

Violent assholes at shows blow. There's getting into the music and being nuts in the pit...but....running and throwing a punch at some guy just standing on the periphery? WTF?

Hope it heals up fast, I have no real suggestions except some ibuprofen (advil) for swelling and pain, and hmmm...dunno if there is something topical to reduce swelling as well.

Sorry ya had such a {censored}ty night.
:(

yeah its called crowd killing sadly its getting more popular for kids that don't know how to play an instrument and have no lives other than hitting strangers. I already took 4 advils unfortunately I can't take anything stronger or I wont wake up for work tomorrow :cry:

• Members
umm honestly at a hardcore/metal show most likely yeah, long island has gangs of kids that go to shows together to start fights and beat up people who say something back to them. Its sad, I don't goto shows to dance or watch ppl dance, I goto a show to watch the musicians and the music itself. Unfortunately theres less and less places taking chances on these kinds of shows for this very reason. So not only did they hurt me physically, they're also hurting my chances of playing shows locally.

That really {censored}ing blows man!

Me? or naturalbornboy? I don't think I sound or acted like a douchebag and I'd admit it if I did. NBB is good ppls so he can be a douche to me all he wants
:facepalm:

Wassup with this noob anyway :confused:

No one was being douchey as far as I can tell :idk:

• Members

dude you call cops at a show and the show gets shut down and the venue gets shut down most of the time. Not to mention that its hard to find the kid that hit you when you're trying to stand up straight after getting laid out... and chances are next show you're at they'll just go harder and harder and unfortunately the one gang of kids here will jump you 10-1 and literally beat the {censored} out of you... really sad case of humanity

Around here the cops show up just about every show, and the venues are still there the next day. It's the bouncer's job to get a hold of the dude and get the cops there. Another benefit of getting the dude arrested is it would be easier to sue his ass for damages.

• Members
Around here the cops show up just about every show, and the venues are still there the next day. It's the bouncer's job to get a hold of the dude and get the cops there. Another benefit of getting the dude arrested is it would be easier to sue his ass for damages.

yeah this wasn't a venue it was almost like a vfw kinda deal. I think it was the first show there honestly bc I've never even heard of it. there were no bouncers, no security {censored} would have been shut down. LI has like 3 real venues, not bars but actual stages that have shows. Theres less and less shows lately because of the risk associated, ny has lost alot of venues for this reason, even in nyc its the same deal places get sued no more show :idk:

• Members
I'm really hoping I don't lose my job over this {censored} I definitely don't look very presentable in the least bit but I wasn't about to let this small dainty girl get destroyed
:cry:

Why should you lose your job because you were a victim of random violence?

Archived