a PRS for stoner/sludge/doom?

::fred::

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If you're looking for something more in the SG ballpark, the PRS Mira is a great alternative. It doesn't sound exactly like an SG (obviously) but is pretty damn close. Forget about it as an alternative to a Gibson, though. the Mira is simply a great guitar for the kind of music you're looking to make.

• Members

there are no rules. Go with what sounds good. I play the same type of music with a gretsch hollowbody, which is definitely a bit out of place.

If you like PRS guitars, get one and use the shit out of it.

Couldnt have said it better :thu: Its one of the only genres left where the music itself means more than the gear you play

• Members

Fred - Try ordering a Les Paul from Saul in SoCal, or Wildwood Guitars.

You will get MUCH more consisten guitars, since they have skilled employees handpicking the instruments they send out. I wouldn't trust a used guitar off eBay, or something new from Guitar Center. More than likely you would end up with a "meh" Les Paul that would be a pain in the neck to return.

The retailers above will take GOOD care of you, and you will be singing the praises of a sweet LPC through that new EA you just got :)

• Members

WTF nobody knows what the hell they are talking about in this thread. I have 3 prs, they can play pretty much any genre of rock music with ease. I dont know why anybody would think they couldnt play stoner doom.

I have had myriad Lp's and sg's in the past. I traded em all save 1 lp which i am probably going to trade soon for prs. I cant speak for the low end prs, but the high end are spectacular.

• Members

WTF nobody knows what the hell they are talking about in this thread. I have 3 prs, they can play pretty much any genre of rock music with ease. I dont know why anybody would think they couldnt play stoner doom.

I have had myriad Lp's and sg's in the past. I traded em all save 1 lp which i am probably going to trade soon for prs. I cant speak for the low end prs, but the high end are spectacular.

Its the "too pretty to touch" stigma that PRS' have, which obviously has nothing to do with their sound. This of course does not take into account the badass workhorse guitars they have like the all the various "Standard" models of the Customs, McCarty's, and Singlecuts as well as the Mira and the Starla.

• Members

Fred - Try ordering a Les Paul from Saul in SoCal, or Wildwood Guitars.

You will get MUCH more consisten guitars, since they have skilled employees handpicking the instruments they send out. I wouldn't trust a used guitar off eBay, or something new from Guitar Center. More than likely you would end up with a "meh" Les Paul that would be a pain in the neck to return.

The retailers above will take GOOD care of you, and you will be singing the praises of a sweet LPC through that new EA you just got
:)

Wow, a surprisingly non-sarcastic post from RB :lol:

Thanks man. I found Wildwood Guitars`site, but not Saul's.. can you give me a link?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Wow, a surprisingly non-sarcastic post from RB
:lol:

Thanks man. I found Wildwood Guitars`site, but not Saul's.. can you give me a link?

oh man, anything I've said to you must have been from one of my bitchy days and sorry about that. You're good people to me.

can't think of Saul's shop name right now. :(

edit: just found it: http://ccitymusic.com/

Hope this helps, dude. I'd hate to see you miss out on a killer guitar that you actually want, because of some bad examples at Guitar Center.

Good luck!!

Archived