a PRS for stoner/sludge/doom?

::fred::

• Members

LOL, I know this might sound a bit retarded.. but.. how do these guitars fit into the genre?

Reason I'm asking is that the quality of most LPs I've seen was very inconsistent. I've heard a couple of nice sounding ones, but then again.. a bunch of absolutely horrible dead logs! Enough for me to lose the idea of ordering a guitar from US.

Whereas every single PRS I've heard sounded awesome.

I'm thinking singlecut? What say you, HCAF?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

LOL, I know this might sound a bit retarded.. but.. how do these guitars fit into the genre?

Reason I'm asking is that the quality of most LPs I've seen was very inconsistent. I've heard a couple of nice sounding ones, but then again.. a bunch of absolutely horrible dead logs! Enough for me to lose the idea of ordering a guitar from US.

Whereas every single PRS I've heard sounded awesome.

I'm thinking singlecut? What say you, HCAF?

Meh, PRS are too pretty sounding for that {censored}. There's something too polished and not raw enough about their tones. LP's have a very distinct voice, whereas PRS's tend to sound generic for lack of a better word.

• Members

Meh, PRS are too pretty sounding for that {censored}. There's something too polished and not raw enough about their tones. LP's have a very distinct voice, whereas PRS's tend to sound generic for lack of a better word.

SC245's beat the {censored} out of the Les Pauls when it comes to getting that vibe consistently IMO. Thats the guitar I would go for for that genre if I had to choose a PRS.

• Members

SC245's beat the {censored} out of the Les Pauls when it comes to getting that vibe consistently IMO. Thats the guitar I would go for for that genre if I had to choose a PRS.

Sorry, but there's no way that pretty little thing can top my '75 LP Std. It's a ten pound plus piece of whoop-ass.

• Members

Sorry, but there's no way that pretty little thing can top my '75 LP Std. It's a ten pound plus piece of whoop-ass.

Pretty little thing?

prs-sc245-neck.jpg

Thick ass mahogany body? Check

Stoptail piece? Check

Awesome sounding medium-low output humbuckers? Check

This thing slays. Period.

• Members

There are many PRS models to be considered, if you compare a custom24 to a les paul they are both great guitars.

The tone of a CU24 I think can be best described as a cross between a les paul and an sg. Not as bassy and big as a les paul, but more cutting and focused in a way that an SG can be but thicker sounding.

Having said that I think it would be great for the style you are thinking of!

Archived