WhiteBox site launched!

Seattle Doug

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This.

I cleared my cache and it works fine now.

Doug, I didn't realize there was an upcharge for the various non-legend eminence speakers? That's a bummer.

Makes it the same price for Celestions as for Emi's (if you pick patriots/redcoats)

Yes, but the upcharge is quite small, and I feel quite competitive - those speakers COST more than Legends and I don't pass all of that on... do you think it's too much?

The Celestion pricing is purely competitive to match you-know-who because the MAP price on Celestions is WAY higher.

Give me advice, I am all ears, seriously...

• Members

It should be mentioned that the fact that you're offering tweed as a standard-priced option is huge. Everybody upcharges for tweed.

Don't change that :D

Yes, but the upcharge is quite small, and I feel quite competitive - those speakers COST more than Legends and I don't pass all of that on... do you think it's too much?

The Celestion pricing is purely competitive to match you-know-who because the MAP price on Celestions is WAY higher.

Give me advice, I am all ears, seriously...

Oh believe me, I don't think it's at all unreasonable, just unexpected. Knowing how much higher the Celestions are as far as your pricing is concerned, I know that you're basically taking a hit on those.

• Members
This.

I cleared my cache and it works fine now.

Doug, I didn't realize there was an upcharge for the various non-legend eminence speakers? That's a bummer.

Makes it the same price for Celestions as for Emi's (if you pick patriots/redcoats)

Have you tried a Legend V128 though? That is a badass speaker :)

• Members

nice site dude! Love it.

speaker question, I have v30's in my mesa 4x12, I would like to try a different flavor of speaker in another 4x12. I have a mark iv and play hardrock/metal. what would you suggest?

How about Governors, for the Eminence take on the V30? Or maybe Swamp Thang for the big bottom end?

Dolf got Private Jacks with Governors, and he plays pretty heavy.

• Members

I've never been big on Eminence, since I've always been a V30 kind of guy. I'm really considering giving eminence speakers a shot with one of your cabs. Also, are you able to get those "Eminence Inside" logos on your cabs?

I've always thought these looked really classy on cabs.

2188569181_10e0a9a84f.jpg

• Members

Hmm, interesting. Its kinda nice that you offer Emi's instead of just Celestions like Avatar does.

Also if i could make a suggestion, please offer 2x15 cabs for bass and guitar. No one makes a guitar 2x15 right now and bass 2x15 options are slim to none new. You might even be able to just recut the baffle on the 4x12 for guitar 2x15. My bassist was rebuilding his rig and couldnt find a 2x15 of his liking and power requirements, so he ended up with a 6x10 SWR.

• Members
I've never been big on Eminence, since I've always been a V30 kind of guy. I'm really considering giving eminence speakers a shot with one of your cabs. Also, are you able to get those "Eminence Inside" logos on your cabs?

I've always thought these looked really classy on cabs.

2188569181_10e0a9a84f.jpg

I forgot those! On it...

• Members

How about Governors, for the Eminence take on the V30? Or maybe Swamp Thang for the big bottom end?

Dolf got Private Jacks with Governors, and he plays pretty heavy.

This is true. My 2x12 (when I get it) will have Swamp Thangs. The 4x12 with governors/jacks sounds insanely huge, btw.

• Members

The site is pretty cool. I have a cheap crate head that is rated at 350 watts @2ohms, and 220w @4 ohms. If i get 2 16 ohms speakers, the cab will be rated at 8 ohms, which shouldn't hurt my amp, just lower the power. Am i correct on this? I am wanting to quit lugging my damn 90 pound cab around.

Archived