• Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Okay, I haven't read any of this thread, so apologies for repeats:

Roland Deschain

Harry Dresden

Randall Flagg/Man in Black/etc, etc

Lisbeth Salander

Drizzt Do'Urden (say what you want, Salvatore can {censored}ing write)

Ignatious Perrish (from Horns...I recommend it)

that's just off the top of my head...

• Members

Okay, I haven't read any of this thread, so apologies for repeats:

Roland Deschain

Harry Dresden

Randall Flagg/Man in Black/etc, etc

Lisbeth Salander

Drizzt Do'Urden (say what you want, Salvatore can {censored}ing write)

Ignatious Perrish (from Horns...I recommend it)

that's just off the top of my head...

This is a good list.

{censored}, Harry Dresden is the man. I didn't realize it was a book series before it was a failed TV show. I need to read these books. Is it called "The Dresden Files"?

• Members

This is a good list.

{censored}, Harry Dresden is the man. I didn't realize it was a book series before it was a failed TV show. I need to read these books. Is it called "The Dresden Files"?

Sure is. :thu: The first book is called Storm Front, and it's decent, but it was Butcher's first ever novel. The series gets better exponentially with each book that he writes. There are 11 or 12 of them now, and the last one ended on a cliffhanger. :mad: New one comes out in April, I believe...Butcher publishes one per year. If you start kicking ass in reading the series, you'll have them done in plenty of time for the new one.

• Members

Sure is.
:thu:
The first book is called Storm Front, and it's decent, but it was Butcher's first ever novel. The series gets better exponentially with each book that he writes. There are 11 or 12 of them now, and the last one ended on a cliffhanger.
:mad:
New one comes out in April, I believe...Butcher publishes one per year. If you start kicking ass in reading the series, you'll have them done in plenty of time for the new one.

+1. LOVED Changes. Just when I think Butcher is on the verge of getting stale, he throws an awesome curve ball. Can't stand his other books, though.

• Members

+1. LOVED
Changes
. Just when I think Butcher is on the verge of getting stale, he throws an awesome curve ball. Can't stand his other books, though.

Yeah, Changes was incredible. Would love to discuss it, but since Dolf is going to read the books, I don't want to spoil it for him. I would post the cover of the book coming out in March, but it would also probably qualify as spoilers...let's just say it looks pretty cool. :thu:

As far as his other books...I read most of that Furies series, but didn't care much for it. The Dresden books, though...pure :love: He's still got the Knights of the Denarius to deal with, as well. I had no idea there were so many Dresden fans on HCAF...does there need to be a thread? :idea:

• Members

I am very appreciative of the lack of spoilers.

We could talk about the TV show
:D
I thought it was great until it wasn't there anymore.

I never watched the show...the books were so damned good that I knew I would just be disappointed in it if I did. But, an awesome quote of Dresden from one of the books that had me raffing out roud...

"What do you want on your vegetarian pizza?"

"Dead pigs and cows."

Archived