Are there any hair metal bands you can "stomach"?

MuyLoCo444

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

crue

steel panther

some warrant

Warrant's Dog Eat Dog was an awesome CD, had it been released a year or two earlier, it would have been unstoppable. It was such a dramatic left turn from the cheese of the first two albums (not that I disliked them, there's always room for Cherry Pie) that it was like a different band. I have a hard time listening to them now, for the most part, but I still love that album.

• Members
Warrant's Dog Eat Dog was an awesome CD, had it been released a year or two earlier, it would have been unstoppable. It was such a dramatic left turn from the cheese of the first two albums (not that I disliked them, there's always room for Cherry Pie) that it was like a different band. I have a hard time listening to them now, for the most part, but I still love that album.

This is actually not that bad

[YOUTUBE]eWwCMRBGqjY&feature[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]9Qpa7G62zoY&feature[/YOUTUBE]

You can hear the change in there music and video. Darker both sounding and in terms of video and storylines, no more partys and cherry pie for them --- I checked on a couple songs on Youtube for the DogEatDog CD and the songs were ok, i will go back and listen when Youtube is streaming better!

:idk:

• Members

absolutely ZERO!!! hair metal should've died in the womb. With the exception of giving us a few decent guitarists, it ranks up there with Disco in sheer lameness.

wow.... that being said, I'd be very interested in what musical genius you're capable of.

• Members
Pretty much the only one for me is Crue, unless you consider G N'R a hair metal band. I love me some Crue, have almost everything they've done. What bands, if any, do you like?

what about W.A.S:P?:p anyway they have long hair LOL

• Members

wow.... that being said, I'd be very interested in what musical genius you're capable of.

As I said, with the exception of some kick ass guitar players, what was really good out of hair metal? Cheesy Lyrics, horrible outfits, bad fake posturing.. its Lady Gaga with BC Rich guitars.

in the 80's I was more into Death Metal, Hardcore, Punk and the obscure synthy crap. I could never stomach bands like Warrant, Winger, White Lion (sometimes maybe, Vito Bratta does rock, even for a EVH clone), Whitesnake, etc... Just never did anything for me.

Sorry to ruin your nostalgia trip..lol

• Members
As I said, with the exception of some kick ass guitar players, what was really good out of hair metal? Cheesy Lyrics, horrible outfits, bad fake posturing.. its Lady Gaga with BC Rich guitars.

in the 80's I was more into Death Metal, Hardcore, Punk and the obscure synthy crap. I could never stomach bands like Warrant, Winger, White Lion (sometimes maybe, Vito Bratta does rock, even for a EVH clone), Whitesnake, etc... Just never did anything for me.

:lol:

• Members

ZOMG ZOMG they were dopey outfits!! Big deal who gives a {censored}, go back and look at ANY decade of clothing and culture and there will be some :FACEPALMING: for sure and btw nothing wrong with Death Metal Hardcore, Punk and synth as music, i dig em in doses

I just dont get how that music you said is "better" than the bands listed? It has always been and will always be about taste, simple concept no?

:idk:

• Members

AI could never stomach bands like Warrant, Winger, White Lion (sometimes maybe, Vito Bratta does rock, even for a EVH clone), Whitesnake, etc... Just never did anything for me.

What about Wintersun, Witchfynde, Wuthering Heights, Wolfmother, Wastefall, White Willow, or Wyrd?

• Members
I never said any of those styles of bands were better, I just never dug hair metal. and yes, I threw some alliteration in there..lol

No need to get your spandex in a bunch over it tho.
:thu:

I was just testing to see if your disgust with hair metal was actually an allergy to the letter "W" :lol:

• Members
I never said any of those styles of bands were better, I just never dug hair metal. and yes, I threw some alliteration in there..lol

No need to get your spandex in a bunch over it tho.
:thu:

Whos pantys are in a bunch?

There was some very good music and some pure crap, just like most other genres and types of music!

:cop:

• Members

I am not taking shots at you bro.... i am serious, what do you play? What are you into?

In response to your post, how about Geoff Tate, Jani Lane, Coverdale, killer voices..... Dio for example.... Granted some were way too much..... I think Reb is a killer player but I Can NOT listen to winger.... tried too many times...

Just because some people took it too far doesn't kill the entire scene......

Scott Travis from Racer X, Priest, KILLER drummer........ I wouldn't have heard his playing if it werent for hair metal..

• Members

I am not taking shots at you bro.... i am serious, what do you play? What are you into?

In response to your post, how about Geoff Tate, Jani Lane, Coverdale, killer voices..... Dio for example.... Granted some were way too much..... I think Reb is a killer player but I Can NOT listen to winger.... tried too many times...

Just because some people took it too far doesn't kill the entire scene......

Scott Travis from Racer X, Priest, KILLER drummer........ I wouldn't have heard his playing if it werent for hair metal..

Really the main problem I always had with hair metal isn't the band members. Most of those bands have tons of talent both vocally and musically.

Geoff Tate and Queensryche are fantastic, tho I never really considered them hair metal. They were more of an Iron Maiden offshoot to start and got prog/pop metal as time went on. They're a bit more mature than most hair metal acts at the time.

My tastes lie everywhere from Steely Dan to Sepultura. its weird, I like my jazz but when it comes to metal, the crazier/heavier the better.

Plus, most hair metal started to just resort to lyrics of partying/drinking and getting chicks the same way as hip hop has now become all Rims, Henny and bitches. It became a parody of itself and was hard to take seriously.

I used to hate when Headbanger's Ball started putting Warrant videos smushed in with bands like Death Angel and Forbidden. That's not metal, it always seemed like Disney-fied boy bands with rock guitars. To me anyway..

my CD/LP collection ranges from Gypsy Jazz, to Latin, Rock, Metal, pop. R&B and pretty much anything you could think of, but you will never find Def Leppard or Bulletboys anywhere near my CD player..lol

Just a preference, not knockin anyone else's.

• Members

the same way as hip hop has now become all Rims, Henny and bitches. It became a parody of itself and was hard to take seriously.

I used to hate when Headbanger's Ball started putting Warrant videos smushed in with bands like Death Angel and Forbidden. That's not metal, it always seemed like Disney-fied boy bands with rock guitars. To me anyway..

my CD/LP collection ranges from Gypsy Jazz, to Latin, Rock, Metal, pop. R&B and pretty much anything you could think of, but you will never find Def Leppard or Bulletboys anywhere near my CD player..lol

Just a preference, not knockin anyone else's.

Are you trying to say that "Pet the hot kitty" didn't have lyrical substance?......

Archived