YT: Fortin Natas - Metal

Texassranger

• Members

All Fortin amps have this hollow metallic "controlled fizz" tone that you either like or you don't. Personally I don't like it for what I do but I can definitely say for that tone the Fortin does it best..I sure as hell wouldn't pay the amount of money they want for such a sound..but whatever works for ya.

I hear that sound also. Sometimes I like it other times not so much. Reminds me of ss distortion.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

LOL so the things that make the amp special you can't hear in clips :lol:

to people put disclaimers on there album .....'recorded with fortin natas...you can't hear the awesomeness but if you reverse the tape you might hear satan laughing at his bank account" :facepalm:

also the whole "recorded with DFH Superior Frederik's IR/cab blah blah" is getting REALLY {censored}ING OLD

seems everyone these days sits behind a keyboard with DFH recording....god forbid a live band :rolleyes:

• Members

Don't get me wrong, it sounds like a great amp, and maybe in the room I'd feel differently, but I only have the clips to go by, and on those, to me, it just doesn't sound twice-the-price better than similar clips I've heard of less expensive amps. :idk:

Of course, as with everything else, the value of the gear is subjective to the person playing it. If it's worth it to you, inspires you and you have the jack to afford it, knock yourself out and enjoy! :thu:

• Members

I believe you have the wrong forum.

http://www.rig-talk.com

Knock yourself out over there bud. Watch as all will bow down to your balls and instantly become an e-god!!!

LOL

pretty much ...the cutting edge place where Devin Townsend got discovered 10 years to late and Natas will be blasting out steely dan covers :lol:

BTW the amp does sound good! but its not the holy grail

OP can make anything sound good, but there is very little difference in his clips

• Members

you are such a sick player man, I love your writing and tones. You do "force" all your amps to all sound badass though, lol. If there ever was an argument for "tone being in the fingers," you are a great example. This vid of the Natas is making my wallet scream mercy, but I think your recto clips are still my personal favorites.

• Members

BUT this session right here I drove on my lunch break to the studio and fired everything up and recorded in 10 minutes. Then I drove back to work.

And then had time to double track it, mix it, bring it into AfterFX, adjust the color balance, add the fast forward effect to the beginning, add the light beam effect to the headstock, render it and upload it to youtube? Love the clip man...all of your clips sound awesome, but it's not like you did this with no effort.

• Members

needs more computer generated mel gibson speak
:lol:

Seriously, you need to do more recording videos like that, all of them are very informative and have a nice humor to them
:thu:

That said, I've never heard a bad clip from you. Marking this to check out after work.

Thanks dude....

For everyone else, this amp gets you as near to the holy grail as you can get at the moment.

• Members

And then had time to double track it, mix it, bring it into AfterFX, adjust the color balance, add the fast forward effect to the beginning, add the light beam effect to the headstock, render it and upload it to youtube? Love the clip man...all of your clips sound awesome, but it's not like you did this with no effort.

As I said recording took 8 minutes. Jocke is on a payroll in FAL-studios and I'm VERY happy that he gave me this short amount of time with the amp for free(just because he's awesome). He called me and told me that he would send the Natas the next day(to another producer in sweden) so time was short. Only way to solve this was to go on my lunch break. I just took a stereo track of drums with me on a USB-stick with me and in the end had 2 guitar tracks to bring back home. At home I could record bass guitar, do a mix, process video without any stress or time-limit.

So I never said I did it witout any effort. But it's not like I sat down and started cut and paste recording a take her and there. The two tracks of guitar in the video are the first and only two takes.

Can't believe I need to explain myself on a forum :D

• Members

As I said recording took 8 minutes. Jocke is on a payroll in FAL-studios and I'm VERY happy that he gave me this short amount of time with the amp for free(just because he's awesome). He called me and told me that he would send the Natas the next day(to another producer in sweden) so time was short. Only way to solve this was to go on my lunch break. I just took a stereo track of drums with me on a USB-stick with me and in the end had 2 guitar tracks to bring back home. At home I could record bass guitar, do a mix, process video without any stress or time-limit.

So I never said I did it witout any effort. But it's not like I sat down and started cut and paste recording a take her and there. The two tracks of guitar in the video are the first and only two takes.

Can't believe I need to explain myself on a forum
:D

Det vil alltid v

• Members

BTW the amp does sound good! but its not the holy grail

OP can make anything sound good, but there is very little difference in his clips

This. All of Ola's clips sound great, but really sound similar. Actually I liked his EVH 5150III clip a little better. All the Fortin clips I've heard so far have this really tight, tight, tight voicing with a super fast attack, little note bloom, and very little warmth or overall thickness or richness to the sound. Similar as someone said to a solid state amp. I'm 99% certain this has to do with the power amp design, as Fortin himself has commented on how he designed this amp to reamain super tight/articulate at super high volumes. He really likes loud amps. This is all well and good, but it seems to me some other characteristics were lost. I like something a little thicker and warmer sounding.

Archived