They're saying Tag's Clone (TKT 183) is ready for Primetime....

Valby

• Members

Thanks for listening. The clips are one take improvs with no touch ups and no punch ins. The tone IS remarkable, regardless of whether its your thing or not though. The amp sounds like it has a wah built in at times, and its controlled with how hard you pick the note. It also has almost human vocal types of vowel sounds at times, which Dumble stated he tried to do intentionally. I have heard no other style amp do that, and with the exception of a few Tworock models, no Dumble clone/style either. This is one thing I will really be looking for in the Quinn clone, so the pressure is on Shad to get it right. I believe he can do it. He has an exceptional ear, hes a good player, and knows the amp to the LETTER. I am really looking forward to getting the amp!
:)

Quite welcome. Thanks for making some for us to actually hear whats going on.

Again, as I said to whatshisname above; its good playing for a one take improv (and its not hard to tell from the recordings that they are one take and are improvised), that aint easy, and with that in mind it is good playing. But the flaws are there nonetheless (but I think you knew that already).

I'll take you at your word as to the rest, in that I believe that you believe that, but with it being very unlikely that I'll play that amp, or a similar one its unverifiable and unfalsifiable heresay from 10,000 miles away.

But, sounds 'in the room' are notoriously difficult to capture (my VHT CL is currently driving me insane in that regard; I have no doubt that I can make a 'good' recording of it, but I fail dismally at getting across what its like to stand 3 feet infront of it), so I cant say that they arent there and certainly cant comment on what it responds like as you play through it, but I cant hear what you describe (wah-like, vowelly sounds) in the recordings.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My My this thread has downs.

I dont know who is more brain damaged Matt or Tag. Its like a fist fight at pre School (Kindergarten)

:facepalm:

through the virtues of discipline and eloquence, we can only hope to achieve the golden mean between these two extremes.

• Members

OK that sounds fair....

Oh wait...

That's right I ALREADY explained in detail the entire circuit like 3 weeks ago at the amp garage.

So if someone wants a schematic they can get off their own arses and go draw the thing using the detailed information I posted there WEEKS ago.

Good faith enough doing it before you asked?

How does posting a schematic on a site that isn't harmony central show us good faith? Post the information here where it counts.

I think you should calm down, I'm not a mind reader, it was impossible for me to know what goes on in another forum. Now if you will repost what you did there over here so we can have our show of good faith.

Hey Tag Why don't you tell me what you like about dumble's cleans in comparison to say a fender black face twin and a mesa boogie mark's 1 clean?

Also TAG if you know tone so well, what is the best amp for hi-gain albeit classic thrash metal?

What is your favorite marshall.

I have also heard that you once claimed to be a better player than Edward Van Halen and that you could write a better 5 minute solo than he could, is this true or false?

If the answer is true post clips of said solo.

• Members

How does posting a schematic on a site that isn't harmony central show us good faith? Post the information here where it counts.

I think you should calm down, I'm not a mind reader, it was impossible for me to know what goes on in another forum. Now if you will repost what you did there over here so we can have our show of good faith.

Hey Tag Why don't you tell me what you like about dumble's cleans in comparison to say a fender black face twin and a mesa boogie mark's 1 clean?

Also TAG if you know tone so well, what is the best amp for hi-gain albeit classic thrash metal?

What is your favorite marshall.

I have also heard that you once claimed to be a better player than Edward Van Halen and that you could write a better 5 minute solo than he could, is this true or false?

If the answer is true post clips of said solo.

If i recall that solo was in the 80's , he cant do it now for whatever reason.

• Members

I'm sick of music being raped by these {censored}ing geeks. Amplifiers are not magic mystery boxes and the idiots that place that faith in these simple circuits are just creating turmoil in something I have a strong passion for. Just writing, playing and having fun with {censored}ing music.

{censored}ing losers have fantasy sports, concours car shows, stamp collections, whatever. Why do they have to force themselves in to the creative crowd and try to ruin something I love? {censored} them. Just build me a goddamn amp already, or I'll buy some production bull{censored} from mother{censored}ing China, asshole. Get it, Andy?

Can we put that on a t-shirt? I've been feeling that way for a long time. I'm by far no expert on electronics. I've tinkered with enough {censored}, though. I've built a few effects and simple battery-powered amps/preamps and I understand the difference that parts can make in tone. Still, like you said, it's not like some "{censored}ing magnets: how do they work?" {censored}.

ps - answer your {censored}ing phone some time :cop: (that was me callin' you yesterday and I did leave one voice mail just in case)

As for individual parties involved here, I realised the other night that I do remember Quinn. He answered some of my questions a while back on the DIY forum, I think. He may not be the best writer, but I remember him as being a decent dude.

I have no idea who Shad is, but I think maybe he's Tag's partner? Whatever it is, SOMEone around here sure is obsessed with him! I'm not sure why, but then both of them seem to have very limited vocabularies and love spending time together on here, so they just might make a good couple after all.

Hey, anything can happen on HCAF.

Archived