WOT: How many times were you in a shoot-out

peeehooo

• Members

You need a special license to carry in L.A. but yet the criminals do it any way . I don't own a gun . I do have pepper spray that would knock down a horse though .

You need such a permit to carry a weapon in public in pretty much any state.

Where the laws tend to change a bit from state to state is stuff like having a weapon in your vehicle.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
I worry about my brother
:(
He's an officer in the city considered to be the meth capital of the world. Has to draw his gun daily.

You can take comfort in the fact that the vast majority of police officers make it to retirement just fine. My friend was actually off duty and unarmed. Someone followed him to his car as he left a breast cancer benefit.

• Members

You can take comfort in the fact that the vast majority of police officers make it to retirement just fine. My friend was actually off duty and unarmed. Someone followed him to his car as he left a breast cancer benefit.

Wow man. The world is full of scum bag douchebags. Soooo sorry to hear about your friend.

• Members
I bet you wear your seatbelt in an airbag-equipped car, just praying for a good accident too.

Then there is a God, because that prayer has been answered 6 times, including a rollover. Worst I got was a cracked/broken rib in the rollover. :lol:

(Only one was my fault, no injuries.)

My son-in-law lived in Miami for a while. He said it was pretty bad, but not as bad as where he came from in Honduras. His cousin was shot and killed down there (Honduras) last week for his motorcycle.

• Members

This is mine, a 1964 Ishapore 2A in 7.62 NATO, instead of .303 British.

Cool dude, I wish the rifle was actually mine.

Its my buddy's, he's a bit of a history and weapons buff and he just started collecting vintage rifles. He's got three or four now, they're so cool

• Members

My brother was in a fight a couple years ago in miami, and the gang him and his friends were fighting started running. One guy pulled a gun while running and started shooting. My brother got shot in the chest. A month in the hospital. Opened up his rib cage. Had to repair his shattered lung. We almost lost him. Aboslutely, 100%, the scariest {censored} I have ever experienced in my life.

I'm sorry to hear this but then again if you are somehow involved with gangs you are bound to witness some scary {censored}...

• Members

I have two guns. SKS + Shotty. I use them for sport. They are both in the house and I never have them loaded. The shotty is also for home protection if needed.

I work in the downtown area. Crime is higher here in the city, but I still feel pretty safe. However, we've had shootings around the corner from where I work, as well as stabbings, etc. I don't carry though.

• Members

Here in the states, shootouts and firefights are a common occurrence while on the way to work or when shopping for bedclothes. {censored}, I was at Bed Bath & Beyond the other day and got attacked by ninjas with guns. Believe that? Ninjas with guns. What the hell is this world coming to, right? I just went all matrix from their asses, then mopped 'em up while swinging from a carpet rack. I handed the kid they sent to clean up the floors a 5 on the way out for his troubles.

Ninjas...with guns.. God damn...

• Members

I'm sorry to hear this but then again if you are somehow involved with gangs you are bound to witness some scary {censored}...

Well, the thing is he isnt involved with gangs. Its just the neighborhood that my family lives in. He was fixing my sisters car at his friends house, and these guys just came up outta nowhere. {censored} is {censored}ed up. That whole neighborhood needs to be nuked and left for the roaches.

• Members
Well, the thing is he isnt involved with gangs. Its just the neighborhood that my family lives in. He was fixing my sisters car at his friends house, and these guys just came up outta nowhere. {censored} is {censored}ed up. That whole neighborhood needs to be nuked and left for the roaches.

Oh, ok. I sort of got that impression, you have phrased it a bit strange TBH :lol:

I understood like they were fighting in some gang related conflict and the other gang started running away and one of them was shooting back at them...

Sucks... Good thing he pulled trough :thu:

• Members
Oh, ok. I sort of got that impression, you have phrased it a bit strange TBH
:lol:

I understood like they were fighting in some gang related conflict and the other gang started running away and one of them was shooting back at them...

Sucks... Good thing he pulled trough
:thu:

Oh, I see. The fight was started by the gang and his friends were fighting too, so I can definitely see how it would seem that way. Yeah, im really glad he pulled through, but hes young and arrogant, and now he thinks hes invincible :facepalm:

• Members

Cool dude, I wish the rifle was actually mine.

Its my buddy's, he's a bit of a history and weapons buff and he just started collecting vintage rifles. He's got three or four now, they're so cool

The best deal in old military guns now are the Russian/Hungarian/Romanian Mosin-Nagant bolt guns. You can still find the long guns for $100 or so, and the short carbines for a little more. Long gone are the days when you could get a rifle and 440rds of ammo for under $100, but they are still pretty cheap. If you want a very accurate rifle have a look at the Swiss Schmidt/Rubin K31. You can get a rifle for $200 or so but ammo isn't as cheap. Ridiculously accurate for a military rifle, and the history of those rifles are something else.

Archived