Dumble Tone On The Cheap?

lotlizard

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I {censored}ing lol'd at all of this. You're a funny guy Tag. You're a funny guy.

You may not agree with the guy, but he IS a killer player, imo.

Doesn't play stuff that I would necessarily listen to, but that doesn't mean I won't respect his playing and ear for tone. The dude does know what he's talking about and has for years.

• Members

Doesn't play stuff that I would necessarily listen to, but that doesn't mean I won't respect his playing and ear for tone. The dude does know what he's talking about and has for years.

The guy obviously is a really good player, whether or not he knows what hes talking about.....i'll leave that one alone. :lol:

• Members
Then why won't you post that pic of you, Shad, and 183? We all want a laugh.

Hey Gay boy. There are pics of me all over that you can look at while playing with yourself. :facepalm:

Seriously man, quit following me all over and give it a REST. :rolleyes:

• Members

Hey thanks man. I really appreciate it. Seriously I think I am an "ok" player though. There are guys all over who kill me. Listen to Chuck D (plays a brown note) just for starters. The guy just OOZES music! :thu: I am practicing hard though. Have to catch them bastids one of these days! :thu:

• Members

That sounds great, but remember the video is rolling off the highs and smoothing it. I had the Zen and ethos at the same time. Still have the ethos, sold the Zen. Both nice, but the ethos is off the hook great for a pedal.

Did he say he was rolling off the tone? I remember him mentioning that he was rolling off the neck pickup volume when in the middle position but dont remember anything about tone. Unless of course thats what you meant by "rolling off some of the highs", then nvm.

• Members

Did he say he was rolling off the tone? I remember him mentioning that he was rolling off the neck pickup volume when in the middle position but dont remember anything about tone. Unless of course thats what you meant by "rolling off some of the highs", then nvm.

Just the video itself does that is what I was trying to say.

• Members

I wasn't disagreeing with the guy and yeah he's got some chops that's for sure.

I was just pointing out the obvious lack of humility and how lulzy it was :p

• Members

gotta + 1 this.

I'm not gonna ask his advice on getting Djent tones in drop A, or even current modern rock tones, but if I'm interested in a Dumble style amp, the guy knows his {censored} and obviously has an ear IMO. Yeah, he pushes the limits with his replies, but it also seems like it's mainly to people that purposely try to push his buttons. Ask him a question like a man, even if it's not favorable, and he replies like a gentleman IME.

I really don't get why any Dumble thread seems to draw so many haters. Yeah, I would never pay that much money for that tone, but it's also not a sound I would even use. Say what you want about the amp or maker, but it's a unique sound, that I don't hear replicated easily. At least not to my ears, and I don't even play that kind of music, or have an interest to.

• Members
I wasn't disagreeing with the guy and yeah he's got some chops that's for sure.

I was just pointing out the obvious lack of humility and how lulzy it was
:p

It was a joke. Notice the wink after "I am a killer player". :rolleyes: I thought you actually took the post for what it was. (Meant to make someone laugh.) Now I see you took it seriously. :freak:

• Members
gotta + 1 this.

I'm not gonna ask his advice on getting Djent tones in drop A, or even current modern rock tones, but if I'm interested in a Dumble style amp, the guy knows his {censored} and obviously has an ear IMO. Yeah, he pushes the limits with his replies, but it also seems like it's mainly to people that purposely try to push his buttons. Ask him a question like a man, even if it's not favorable, and he replies like a gentleman IME.

I really don't get why any Dumble thread seems to draw so many haters. Yeah, I would never pay that much money for that tone, but it's also not a sound I would even use. Say what you want about the amp or maker, but it's a unique sound, that I don't hear replicated easily. At least not to my ears, and I don't even play that kind of music, or have an interest to.

Thanks Eric. :) Thats the way I see it as well. I am not a trouble maker in any way shape or form. I actually dislike people who are, thus my, umm, nasty replies to some. ;) I DO joke around a lot, and like to SLIGHTLY push peoples buttons sometimes (who doesnt??) but its never meant to be mean spirited. I actually like almost everyone on here, and even Matt Howel, while pissing me off by his lies (Or more likely misinformation that he thought was true) never really bugged me. :)

• Members

Meh, he doesn't have the rhythm to be considered a killer player. I reserve the label of "killer player" for very few like the man in my avatar.

• Members

Consider that the majority of the audience is immature metalhead trolls who spend most of their free time on here and you have your answer. Tag isn't exactly a metal kinda guy and we're talking about completely different tones. Most of the guys who reply to him are ones who don't even know who he is or know anything about Dumble amps and are just jumping on the bandwagon. They're like a bunch of yorkshire terriers. I don't agree with him on everything and I'm not quite a fan, but {censored}, give the guy some respect for his experience and knowledge.

• Members
Meh, he doesn't have the rhythm to be considered a killer player. I reserve the label of "killer player" for very few like the man in my avatar.

Warren Haynes is the man! And I hear his new CD is coming out - I heard he is using the holy grail of amps... a Trainwreck Express on it too :)
I could be wrong but what I heard... :rawk:
co&cafan808, have you heard anything about what amp Haynes is using on the new CD coming out?

Archived