Dumble Tone On The Cheap?

lotlizard

• Members
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbmZCLoXO9E&feature=related

here is a another great demo of the dumble-tron.
:lol:

for a good 50,000$ you cant go wrong with the dumble-tron.
:thu:

oh and this is one is great aswell. oh dumbletron make my tone dreams come true
:facepalm:
+
:lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BA_TF7pYlcI&feature=related

How does the pitiful effects he is using relate to the tone of a Dumble? :facepalm:

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Meh, he doesn't have the rhythm to be considered a killer player. I reserve the label of "killer player" for very few like the man in my avatar.

And he is totally limited to diatonic notes, tonal centers and the most basic rhythms. "Killer players" are guys like Lagrene, Benson, Metheny, Django, Wes, Pass etc etc. Complete musicians who know there instrument inside and out. :thu: Great in his very limited scope, yes.

• Members
And he is totally limited to diatonic notes, tonal centers and the most basic rhythms. "Killer players" are guys like Lagrene, Benson, Metheny, Django, Wes, Pass etc etc. Complete musicians who know there instrument inside and out.
Great in his
very
limited scope, yes.

Complete musicians? you forgot to mention Mike Keneally :p
His guitar playing on Zappa's Eric Dolphy's Memorial BBQ will make you want to get out the music books and learn how to site read :p

• Members

it still cracks me up when I read about the douches on here that flip burgers for a living and saved their pennies for an Engl Savage (ie spending 1/2 their annual income on a single high gain amp), making fun of a business professional spending a lesser percentage of his annual income on a Dumble.

Relative income, losers.

• Members

The more I've read through the various threads on Dumbles, the more I am thinking of actually dropping the cash for one.

I can afford a Dumble, but simply have prohibited myself from spending that much on gear. Still, it is less than buying a new Corvette or similar high end car (Porsche, loaded 5 series BMW, etc.) or a new boat.

Though I can buy one cash, I'm considering financing simply because I will flip/sell the amp after having it cloned. TAG's efforts have apparently provided a "183" clone, and I could easily put another one out into the world. Given the variances from amp to amp, this could be a good thing for players and fans of the Dumble sound.

I'm going to have to give this some thought. Putting 30 to 50k in an amp seems mind blowing, but on the other hand it really isn't that big of a deal.

• Members
Warren Haynes is the man! And I hear his new CD is coming out - I heard he is using the holy grail of amps... a Trainwreck Express on it too
:)
I could be wrong but what I heard...
:rawk:
co&cafan808, have you heard anything about what amp Haynes is using on the new CD coming out?

I have not heard but it wouldn't surprise me if there is a trainwreck on it, Warren has been known to use a wide range of stuff in the studio. I'm sure the tone will be great no matter what he's using.

• Members
The more I've read through the various threads on Dumbles, the more I am thinking of actually dropping the cash for one.

I can afford a Dumble, but simply have prohibited myself from spending that much on gear. Still, it is less than buying a new Corvette or similar high end car (Porsche, loaded 5 series BMW, etc.) or a new boat.

Though I can buy one cash, I'm considering financing simply because I will flip/sell the amp after having it cloned. TAG's efforts have apparently provided a "183" clone, and I could easily put another one out into the world. Given the variances from amp to amp, this could be a good thing for players and fans of the Dumble sound.

I'm going to have to give this some thought. Putting 30 to 50k in an amp seems mind blowing, but on the other hand it really isn't that big of a deal.

Great idea! :thu: You should play as many as you can find, and get one that is what YOU want in the Dumble sound. If you can afford it, dont just turn around and sell it, hang onto it as long as you can!! They keep going up in price. If you do clone it, keep the inside a secret and let everyone else pine for it. :p

Here is a clip I did with mine today.
http://www.soundclick.com/player/single_player.cfm?songid=9945148&q=hi&newref=1

VERY GOOD VERY GOOD! :cool:

• Members

The way you speak of "high end cars" is not typical of people who can actually afford "high end cars". BTW a Corvette is nowhere near high end compared to the Italian market :poke:

• Members
Great idea!
You should play as many as you can find, and get one that is what YOU want in the Dumble sound. If you can afford it, dont just turn around and sell it, hang onto it as long as you can!! They keep going up in price. If you
do
clone it, keep the inside a secret and let everyone else pine for it.
:p

Here is a clip I did with mine today.

http://www.soundclick.com/player/single_player.cfm?songid=9945148&q=hi&newref=1

VERY GOOD VERY GOOD!
:cool:

Hey Tag, not to be rude but the quality of the recording kinda lacks something? Sounds a little hollow in the mid range frequencies to me and a little fizzy on the high end. Maybe a better mic position will help?

Nice chops though man!

• Members

Where I live there is only one car dealership (Ford) within 100 miles. Around here, anything that isn't a working farm vehicle is considered a high end luxury purchase. I've always enjoyed how the perception of money varies from one part of the country to another. For example, most folks around where I live couldn't grasp the idea of spending 200k for an exotic sports car, but they easily have 200 to 300k of farm equipment. Yes, that equipment is related to their livelihood, but farmers are very guilty of "tractor envy" and trying to one up the neighbors. A cute farmers daughter isn't going to look twice at a man driving a Ferrari, but she is going to be all over a man with a new combine.

• Members

Where I live there is only one car dealership (Ford) within 100 miles. Around here, anything that isn't a working farm vehicle is considered a high end luxury purchase. I've always enjoyed how the perception of money varies from one part of the country to another. For example, most folks around where I live couldn't grasp the idea of spending 200k for an exotic sports car, but they easily have 200 to 300k of farm equipment. Yes, that equipment is related to their livelihood, but farmers are very guilty of "tractor envy" and trying to one up the neighbors. A cute farmers daughter isn't going to look twice at a man driving a Ferrari, but she is going to be all over a man with a new combine.

:facepalm:

Archived