the video of that school board shooting today

murdock

• Members

Actually, as a trained shooter (several years in the Marine Corps and several more shooting IDPA) I can attest that it's much harder to actually hit what you're aiming at than you all seem to think. Especially when one factors in all the adrenaline and whatnot. Your fine motor control goes all to {censored} when your body goes into fight or flight.

I could have shot those guys but I'd be willing to bet that 5 out of 10 people I grabbed off the street at random wouldn't be able to pull it off under similar stressful circumstances. Look up data on real life shootings involving police and you'll see I'm right.

Ok, I can agree with this. Dude wasn't a trained shooter and had adrenaline out the ass flowing. On that note though, I would think that purse lady would have got capped at least if this dude was out to kill. :idk:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Actually, as a trained shooter (several years in the Marine Corps and several more shooting IDPA) I can attest that it's much harder to actually hit what you're aiming at than you all seem to think. Especially when one factors in all the adrenaline and whatnot. Your fine motor control goes all to {censored} when your body goes into fight or flight.

I could have shot those guys but I'd be willing to bet that 5 out of 10 people I grabbed off the street at random wouldn't be able to pull it off under similar stressful circumstances. Look up data on real life shootings involving police and you'll see I'm right.

So this! That's what I was saying a few weeks ago when we were all arguing about the JFK shooting. All the boosted mids guys were saying how easy the Oswald shot was. I was trying to tell them even if it was a doable shot it was ten times harder because it was real life, not some experiment.

• Members

Did you hear how rational the supt was trying to talk him down - he just ignored all sense of reason - hell, they even offered to get his wife a job back. I feel no sympathy for him whatsoever ... if you're going to kill yourself, have at it ... just do it in a way that doesn't involve others & doesn't make a mess for somebody else to clean up...

• Members

So this! That's what I was saying a few weeks ago when we were all arguing about the JFK shooting. All the boosted mids guys were saying how easy the Oswald shot was. I was trying to tell them even if it was a doable shot it was ten times harder because it was real life, not some experiment.

Handguns aren't rifles, personally, I had been dismissing the difficulty of the shot as exclusionary evidence and glavin.

Anyway, police shootings take place at an average range of less than ten feet, and have about a 50% hit rate. When I was studying for my permit, there had been a recent incident where a local cop had a shootout with a perp, at a range they could have wrestled, both emptied their handguns, at least 15 shots fired, zero hits.

• Members

Was there some return fire at the end of the second video. It seems like there is another shot after he fires the first two shots. He then flinches and fires two shots at the people on the left of the screen before he falls down. Was there someone else firing at him. Cops maybe by that time?

• Members

Did you hear how rational the supt was trying to talk him down - he just ignored all sense of reason - hell, they even offered to get his wife a job back.

Reason was telling him "yeah {censored}ing right...I'm going to jail the second I walk out of here and my wife will never be hired by the school system again". He had made up his mind before he ever went in.

Whether or not you feel for this guy is up to you. In the end though, we're all pretty much the same but with different circumstances. Be grateful you don't have his.

• Members

Some of you are making it sound like this jackhole is a victim ... I find that strange.

You bring a gun to something like that, I have zero sympathy for you. It's far better for society that he is dead. Wish more dirtbags would just kill themselves instead of ruining other people's lives.

• Members

A biography on Duke's Facebook page reads: "My Testament: Some people (the government sponsored media) will say I was evil, a monster (V)... no... I was just born poor in a country where the Wealthy manipulate, use, abuse, and economically enslave 95% of the population. Rich Republicans, Rich Democrats... same-same... rich... they take turns fleecing us... our few dollars... pyramiding the wealth for themselves. The 95%... the us, in US of A, are the neo slaves of the Global South. Our Masters, the Wealthy, do, as they like to us..."

This is awesome... and 100% true.

• Members

Sad story. I guarantee it turns out this guy was on SSRI antidepressants.

IMO, this video is a prime example of why more people should carry firearms. One nutjob turns a whole room full of people into a bunch of cowering infants. Now, if one person had a firearm, the whole thing would have been over in about 2 seconds. He pulls the gun, then a brave, trained civilian shoots him from behind while he's dicking around saying who gets to leave and who has to stay.

• Members

Some of you are making it sound like this jackhole is a victim ... I find that strange.

You bring a gun to something like that, I have zero sympathy for you. It's far better for society that he is dead. Wish more dirtbags would just kill themselves instead of ruining other people's lives.

No one said he was a victim. I said that I feel for anyone that thinks this is their only option.

Archived