I'm having trouble unloading (selling) my Line 6 Spider Valve...

grwhitefan

• Members

QUIT LAUGHING!!!

I've ran ads for this amp on craiglist and local newpapers. I paid $540 a couple of years ago......was asking around $300 for it.......just lowered it to $225 on craigslist again. I'd like to sell this amp & use the money towards a Marshall JVM215c.

Damn.....last resort is to stick it in a music store & try to sell it on consignment.

I'll never buy Line 6 ANYTHING ever again.

Any suggestions?

• Members

I think it's more of a modeller thing (with a few exceptions) as well as the economy being in the dumper. I got a pretty good deal on a Laney VH100R (I think it was about $550 shipped) and a 6505+ ($580 shipped), and I don't think I'd have gotten those deals a couple years ago. If possible, hang in there and stay patient for a little longer. Also, if you wanted to you might be able to find a good tube preamp and use the Spider's power amp.

• Members

i said the same thing when i bought and tried to sell a flextone like a fool a few years ago. it took forever to sell on CL and i was in socal - was listing in san diego, orange county, la, riverside... with free delivery. when it finally left my house i was sooooooooo happy.

i think line 6 multi's are pretty good but for the most part the amps i have played sucked.

• Members

A mate of mine was having real trouble selling a Marshall JVM combo recently. It's been on ebay three times, gumtree, a bunch of other random places. He ended up part-exing it as he was about to try it lower than what the store offered, so he cut his losses and went for that.

Oddly the store marked it up pretty healthily and sold it within the week!

Strange.

• Members

Yeah, Line 6 is a part of it. I got my PODxt in 2003 for like $500 or something, now it isn't worth a Boss pedal.

Also nothing is selling now. Id actually like to sell a few guitars and amps, but I don't want to give them away, so I am just sitting on stuff for now...

• Members

If its the mk1 just before they started selling the mk2 they were blowing them out for something like $250 at MF, it could be that a lot of people just remember that and are waiting for the price to drop again.

Or its just the economy, you could always trade it away if you're desperate to be rid of it.

Trade you an EVM-12L:wave:

Archived