do you guys REALLY BELIEVE that DIMEBAG was fully SATISFIED with the KRANK AMPS??

lumpy555

• Members

seems like alllll the dime-krank vids i see posted, he really looked rushed,or like putting the cart before the hoarse type cliche.krank seemed to PUSH,OR RUSH this deal,like THEY were AFRAID that possibley they didnt really have him,like 1000% onboard with them. when he talks bout his TRUSTY TRIED N TRUE RANDALLS,one can see how he had an almost glow within him self bout the randalls. when he pushed the krank amps,he looked hesitate,or chose his words carefully bout the krank stuff? what little time he had to use the kranks live,i STILL SEEN+HEARD THE RANDALLS,like maybe inside his gut feeling wasnt ALLLL THERE for those damn kranks.maybe it was just me,he seemed more EXCITED,AT HOME with his kids,the RANDALLS. he REALLY seemed to lite-up ,smile when he was shredding allll-out on his rg100es's,evan though you could still see the KRANKS in the background...

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
It seems like in the numerous Dime/Krank vids I see posted, he really looked rushed. Maybe putting the cart before the horse, so to speak. Krank seemed to rush this deal as if they were afraid he wasn't 100% behind their product. When Dime talked about his beloved Randalls, one can see how he had an almost glow about him. When he pushed the Krank amps, he appeared hesitant, as if he chose his words carefully. In the relatively small amount of time he used Krank amps live, it still sounded to me like he was using Randall amps. I believe he was much more enthusiastic while playing guitar at home through his Randall RG100ES amps, notwithstanding the Krank amps in the background.

Fixed for legibility. :freak:

• Members

I suspect there was some big money backing that company, and I suspect their business plan was to buy a bunch of artists off as endorsers to shill their product. I mean, it was basically a no-name product one month, and next month they had full page colour ads in major guitar magazines along with a professional website. Next was a big surge on their artist roster, including Dime... followed by those same artists switching back and/or being seen with fakes on stage. It was being marketed as a "Recto Killer", but most of the people using it seemed to be 5150 types... and now that Krank has virtually disappeared the 5150/6505 is still standing.

I don't exactly how Dime fit into everything... his death caused a lot of confusion at the time, and it became sacrilegious to speak anything against him or Krank, even though the Krankenstein was produced after his death....

• Members

people have bills to pay and whos gonna say no to a nice endorsement, im sure he was happy with the deal. if there was something he didnt like im sure they would have tried to make him happy and fine tune the amp to what he wanted out of it, i would atleast hope they tried to make him happy.

• Members

I don't want a custom squire and gorilla amp, thank you. even if its free.

I'd rock them like FRPC on Jet City.

You'd see me pumping Gorilla and Squire like Tag with a Dumbledore clone. I'd be posting vids, making alts, anything and everything I know that works.

• Members

well during that dime at kranks factory vid,dime says hey yallll heres the dimebag at the krank factory,and this dude is tony krank an were gonna play their new amp, then he leans over toward toney and says this is THE amp you just got done tweaking for us to demo?? well i said to myself would toney TWEAK my amp an ship it out to me to be satisfied, or would he give me,the average joe customer just a stock,factory fresh-boxed ready to ship amp?? i REALLY LOVE DIME THE PERSON+ARTIST,but his rg100es's kicked thee {censored} outta thee krankenstein. btw i am ONE OF DARRELS BIGGEST FANS FOREVER-GETCHA PULL BIOTCHES!!

• Members

If I remember correctly I heard that he had stock in a company that had financially backed Krank in some way. Sounds like a good way to increase your earnings.
Honestly, I dont think that the Kranks really sounded like his tone but then again he tone was evolving (not for the best IMO)and his was now down tuning more and more.

Archived