Would you hit this? (Bad Cat/Craigslist content)

gutterking

• Members

Just sent the payment for this, somewhat on impulse. Am I gonna be pleased with this decision?

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/msg/2192302685.html

For Sale: used CUSTOM Bad Cat Hot Cat 30 head in RED SPARKLE w/ red road case

Amp is 30 watts, serial # 2418, ORIGINAL version (so there is no reverb or effects loop, like the newer ones), 2 x EL34s, 2 channels (clean & gain - switchable with A/B pedal, not included)

Missing one knob, RED SPARKLE covering is a bit scuffed and could use some cleaning.

Road case by Cellini (www.cellinisupercase.com)

Sounds awesome! The clean channel cranked with a Les Paul......forget about it! The gain channel has shred-worthy gain as well.

This is priced to sell! I've seen similar items go upwards of $1400.

Cash, money orders/cashiers check, or PayPal (in person) only.

Pickup in NoHo preferred (that way, you can hear it, if you'd like)

3k23p73o05O55Z05W6b21f5f86ae91ac61725.jp

3n23k33ma5T35X45R1b21611b65fbe4471ec0.jp

• Members

Would.

....if you were wanting the most brittle and harsh drive channel ever.

Is this from hands-on experience? I'm pretty stoked on this amp and the one Bad Cat I've actually gotten to play in person, but if this turns out to be the case I guess I could always flip it for at least the grand I paid for it.

• Members

Is this from hands-on experience? I'm pretty stoked on this amp and the one Bad Cat I've actually gotten to play in person, but if this turns out to be the case I guess I could always flip it for at least the grand I paid for it.

Yes, from hands on experience. I owned a Hot Cat 30R for a few months and couldn't get rid of it quick enough. The clean channel, as newholland said, is godly. It is seriously magical. But holy god in heaven that drive channel is awful. No matter what the speaker/guitar/eq setting, it couldn't sound anything but hollow, harsh, brittle, etc. It was like listening to a chainsaw through a broken speaker, mic'd through a cardboard tube.

• Members

:blah:
:blah: They're really not. I just look for more in an amp than:

1) lots of gain? check.

:lol:

Well, we all can't like the same things, of course, but I actually don't even look for "a lot of gain" in my amps at all, and the Bad Cat isn't a Dual Rec.

Just making sure you don't lump me in with a metalhead, or that amp for that matter.

Archived