Mike Starr dead!!

MuyLoCo444

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Completely tasteless and totally hilarious.
:lol:

I, honestly, contemplated if I should make that post. AIC Dirt is EASILY in my top 5 rock albums of all time. But you know what? Sometimes it's good to make a little bit of light in dark times so {censored} it.

May he RIP.

• Members

I, honestly, contemplated if I should make that post. AIC Dirt is EASILY in my top 5 rock albums of all time. But you know what? Sometimes it's good to make a little bit of light in dark times so {censored} it.

May he RIP.

Dirt should be in the top 5 albums of anyone who calls themselves a rock music fan. It's a {censored}ing masterwork.

• Members

Did he play on Dirt? I'm pretty sure Mike Inez was in the band at least by the time they made that video for 'Would?' for the Singles soundtrack... I may be mistaken.

Edit: Yes, I was wrong... memory is failing me in my old age.

• Members
http://www.spinner.com/2011/03/11/alice-in-chains-mike-starr-drugs-voicemail/

Alice in Chains' Mike Starr 'Pleads for Drugs in Final Voicemail'

The tragic death of original Alice in Chains bassist Mike Starr this week left many presuming he died from his long battle with drugs. The musician had previously taken part in the VH1 show 'Celebrity Rehab' which documented his recovery from heroin addiction, later appearing as a guest mentor for other celebrity addicts.

Although toxicology reports could take up to two months to confirm the cause of death, a voicemail recording released today by TMZ suggests Starr's recovery from drug dependence had failed.

According to the tape, the fatigued caller introduces themselves as Mike Starr and offers someone a vague business proposition before trying to get a "half ounce of bud or whatever, you know, a killer price ... I need it so bad."

The full transcription reads:

"Hey, what's up? It's Mike Starr, Alice in Chains.

Hey, give me a call right away. I got something really important to tell you. You'll be really excited.

Yeah, give me a call right away, I was waiting for you to call. You're gonna make some good money on this.

Also, if you could score me an eighth, quarter ounce, half ounce of bud or whatever, you know, a killer price...

Just come up this way. I need it so bad. Alright, call me. Later."

The authenticity of the tape has not been confirmed.

His housemate told TMZ that Starr had been taking medication to battle anxiety issues after being arrested for possessing controlled drugs Xanax and Opana last month, but was mixing the medication just hours before he died.

The housemate added, "Mike was a beautiful person who was fighting to stay sober ... I am going to miss him greatly."

Tributes have poured in this week from fans and collaborators alike, with an NME report highlighting comments from Guns N' Roses, Motley Crue, Avenged Sevenfold and Matchbox Twenty.

------------------

:(

• Members

2/4

Hope the others are clean.

They are...As is Mike Starr's replacement.

Junkies die...Period. I know lots of "old timer" drunks, coke heads, spead freaks, ect...But you dont see too many 40 plus year old smack junkies around: They either get clean, or they die. Unfortunately it's just that simple.

• Members

Dirt is an epic album; a slice of rock history. The dood had the world by the balz.

Thank your lucky stars for the {censored} you have.

If you are a hard rock / metal fan, and "Dirt" isn't on your top 20 list...might be something wrong with your ears. Just my opinion.

• Members

So here's the thing.....I have zero sympathy or sadness. {censored} Junkies, {censored} drugs, and {censored} you if you think it's sad that someone willingly would do this to themselves and then dies from it. It's not like it's a surprise what heroin and other drugs do to people. There's a reason it's a rockstar cliche at this point. He made some great albums and I respect him for that. I am a HUGE aic fan and will be until my time comes, but I got no sadness whatsoever for people who do this to themselves. Period.

Archived