Mike Starr dead!!

MuyLoCo444

• Members

So here's the thing.....I have zero sympathy or sadness. {censored} Junkies, {censored} drugs, and {censored} you if you think it's sad that someone willingly would do this to themselves and then dies from it. It's not like it's a surprise what heroin and other drugs do to people. There's a reason it's a rockstar cliche at this point. He made some great albums and I respect him for that. I am a HUGE aic fan and will be until my time comes, but I got no sadness whatsoever for people who do this to themselves. Period.

Noble, I suppose, if you aren't aware of what an overpoweringly crippling disease addiction can be. Sure, it all boils down to bad decisions made early in life, I guess.

I don't fault you for your opinion, but it's clear you've not witnessed addiction take over someone you know. I'd love to agree with you, but it's just not that polar.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Noble, I suppose, if you aren't aware of what an overpoweringly crippling disease addiction can be. Sure, it all boils down to bad decisions made early in life, I guess.

I don't fault you for your opinion, but it's clear you've not witnessed addiction take over someone you know. I'd love to agree with you, but it's just not that polar.

Actually I have. I've lost a lot of friends and family and ALMOST lost many more. Here's the thing, I said the same thing then. Because THERE ARE NO SUPRISES ABOUT WHAT DRUGS DO TO YOU. If you willingly do this stuff from the get go, you know what's going to happen. If you don't, then you are an incredibly naive or ignorant person and I still have no sympathy.

People I've lost are the reason that hardcore drugs make me so angry.

However, that being said, AIC was a huge influence on me growing up and I wish that these bad things didn't happen, but I don't feel any sort of sad for someone that does {censored} like this to themselves.

• Members

Actually I have. I've lost a lot of friends and family and ALMOST lost many more. Here's the thing, I said the same thing then. Because THERE ARE NO SUPRISES ABOUT WHAT DRUGS DO TO YOU. If you willingly do this stuff from the get go, you know what's going to happen. If you don't, then you are an incredibly naive or ignorant person and I still have no sympathy.

However, that being said, AIC was a huge influence on me growing up and I wish that these bad things didn't happen, but I don't feel any sort of sad for someone that does {censored} like this to themselves.

Fair enough....I guess similar life experiences have taught us different things. I respect your opinion, and why you have it, but I disagree.

• Members

Fair enough....I guess similar life experiences have taught us different things. I respect your opinion, and why you have it, but I disagree.

I'm not trying to prove any point or make anyone agree with me. To be honest I don't care. I'm not trying to stop anyone from mourning or whatever.........I just had to vent a minute about my lack of enthusiasm.

• Members

Ditto.

Im startin to like you.

• Members

Moderation FTW! Even opiates can be used with desired results if common sense and will power are applied (never use for three days straight etc). Unfortunately, that almost never happens.

I love how some idiots here put down "junkies" like they have any clue about addiction. Laughable.

• Members

Moderation FTW! Even opiates can be used with desired results if common sense and will power are applied (never use for three days straight etc). Unfortunately, that almost never happens.

I love how some idiots here put down "junkies" like they have any clue about addiction. Laughable.

:facepalm:

• Members

Gary-Busey.jpg

• Members

I don't want to make any enemies but i think facing failure is right.

I think a disease is something you acquire/have in your system and may not even know you do. (cancer, etc)

But anything related to drugs or alcoholism or anything like that is "self induced".

I think calling "the use of any substance" a disease is just a polite (maybe even hypocritical) way to call the irresponsible acts we drag upon ourselves.

Archived