Giving your 2 weeks notice at work - Anyone got any good stores?

MattACaster

• Members

I actually can't stand working IT anymore...all of the fun of it got sucked out of me working for my current company. Very high stress levels. Difficult change windows and the software is just a nightmare sometimes. I get sick of receiving problem tickets then being badgered constantly about their status. One side of me wants to quit and go back to playing in bands and teaching guitar. However teaching guitar does not net you 150k a year.

Thats kind of where I am at. Although, I'd be able to put up with it a bit better if I was getting paid $150K.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I also get to work from home (both a blessing and a curse).

I might be able to pull some of that off at the new job. The new boss told me that after a few months, he doesn't really care when I come in and for how long as long as the work gets done.

• Members

My last resignation was cool.

Hated the company. Wrote my 2 week notice and made sure to professionally say "you're the reason I'm leaving and I hate your face". I walked in to her office and handed it to her. She didn't know what it was so I sat there while she read it. Her face went from "oh hai nice to see you" to ":mad:"

It made her super pissed when her boss offered me more to stay and I said no.

• Members

This is honestly the best thing in this thread. Do not, under any circumstances, burn bridges. Not burning bridges has led to me earing tens of thousands of dollars more from companies I used to work for
(they became my clients)
. Everyone has the "{censored} you, boss" fantasy. Good business involves nothing acting emotionally.

Pulled this one off in a major way at my current job regarding my last job.

I really wanted to pull the old {censored} you asshole fantasy folks have about their boss but I stayed cool and held back certain points of honesty.

Fast forward 6 months or so later and my new company is contracted to do the project I used to run since it fell apart after my departure, attaboys from the new company and total vindication that felt better than any middle finger to my former boss could have given me.

• Members

I gave notice to a place and the guy asked me why I was leaving... I told him the job I was offered payed 33% more to start. He tells me to sit tight and walks out of the room. Five minutes later he comes back and says they'll match the 33% as long as I am willing to wait 90 days.

I said no and then LOLed.

That company ended up folding two years later.

Archived