OT: Annoying new neighbors rant

the_gunslinger

• Members

So I lived in the same apartment complex for almost 2 full years, I've never really had a problem with the neighbors around me. Everyone's been pretty cool. The upstairs apartment has been vacant for at least 4/5 months, and I've pretty much enjoyed that time not having to hear footsteps or people arguing.

So it looks like it's been rented again, this time to a Latino family. They've only been here for only a few days, and they are already getting on my {censored}ing nerves. For the last {censored}ing hour and a half, they have been BLASTING Ranchero music non-stop, and their kids having been running and jumping all around upstairs, and around my apartment. I just got off of work, I'm dead tired, and I didn't get a lot of sleep last night, and the last thing I want to hear is a {censored}ing accordion blaring over a stereo for an hour and a half.:mad: God, I want to jab their eyeballs out upstairs so bad right now.

Looks like I'm going to have issues with these neighbors. :mad::mad:

End Rant

inb4 csb tl;dr

• Members

You have an amp right? In situations like this you must show that when pushed you can be much much much louder than them.

Dime amp and point towards wall of annoying neighbors. Lean guitar up against amp. Leave on for about 15 minutes. Enjoy silence from then on.

• Members

I know your pain.... A ghetto family with 2 kids moved in above me into a single bedroom apartment. The walls here are not thick by any means.... all day and throughout most of the night constant running, banging and screaming. after a few months they moved to a different apartment than got evicted.

FWIW - They signed a lease agreeing to not disturb the neighbors... your landlord has to enforce this. call the cops every-time they are noisy after the city ordinance then get them the {censored} out. Situations like this are why I will never live on anything but a top floor apartment.

• Members

In my old appt, I had a set of boom box speakers taped onto the end of a broomstick that pointed upwards.

I got a bunch of stereo wire at radio shack so that my invention was somewhat mobile.

Anyways, same story, Latinos upstairs pumping circus music all the time. I downloaded that mars attacks song, love Indian or whatever.

Everytime that circus {censored} came on I grabbed my mobile Latin-NO stick and turned the stereo full tilt following my neighbors room to room wherever I heard their footsteps.

It worked, immature, yes, but a little piece inside me was satisfied. Build your own, keep the speakers moving to follow their footsteps. After a month of my invention, the music was brought to a dull roar, I considered it a compromise and that was it.

It might work for you too. :D

• Members

In my old appt, I had a set of boom box speakers taped onto the end of a broomstick that pointed upwards.

I got a bunch of stereo wire at radio shack so that my invention was somewhat mobile.

Anyways, same story, Latinos upstairs pumping circus music all the time. I downloaded that mars attacks song, love Indian or whatever.

Everytime that circus {censored} came on I grabbed my mobile Latin-NO stick and turned the stereo full tilt following my neighbors room to room wherever I heard their footsteps.

It worked, immature, yes, but a little piece inside me was satisfied. Build your own, keep the speakers moving to follow their footsteps. After a month of my invention, the music was brought to a dull roar, I considered it a compromise and that was it.

It might work for you too.
:D

haha sounds awesome

Pics?

• Members

You have an amp right? In situations like this you must show that when pushed you can be much much
much
louder than them.

Dime amp and point towards wall of annoying neighbors. Lean guitar up against amp. Leave on for about 15 minutes. Enjoy silence from then on.

I'm glad I didn't had to do this, but it would've been fun to blast two halfstacks back at the old place if the freakin' neighbors decided to crank up their music early Sunday (I mean 8 am early on a {censored}ING SUNDAY).

• Members

Apartment neighbors can be brutal. The ones that always blast music always do it at the most odd times. Always on Sunday mornings and like 2am on Tuesdays. WTF gives?

I know what you mean about the 2 am Tuesdays. I lived in the border of Tustin and Santa Ana, and just about every other apartment units have get-togethers up until that time.

Weird how moving to a different part of Santa Ana isn't as bad, it's actually safe and none of the Mariachi.

• Members

It might work for you too.
:D

:lol: Hopefully my situation won't escalate that far, but if it does, I now know exactly what I must do.

• Members

You have an amp right? In situations like this you must show that when pushed you can be much much
much
louder than them.

LMFAO

• Members

I'm the upstairs guy, but there's a new guy who lives below me.

I've seen him once. He looks like your average chubby late-20s d00d, but he's in a wheelchair. Sucks for the guy..... Ok fine. Butt...

I'm guessing Spina Bifida, as it seems as if he's got shall we say "bathroom control problems" and such. There's a horrific smell of body waste that seeps out of his apartment into the hallway. Not just subtly, but to the point of gagging. On bad days, it enters my apartment through the door and bathroom vent. My only guess is that he wears adult diapers and stacks them up in a corner instead of taking them out to the dumpster.

I've mentioned this odor problem to the management. At first they dismissed me as the "crazy old man that complains about {censored} all the time". Ok. Then later they called me with "OMG I see what you mean. I went there today and I couldn't stand to be there for more than 10 seconds!".

I'm not trying to publicly embarass the guy, and I understand disabilities and things. But dammit, this is my home. I don't like the idea that no matter how meticulous I am at keeping the place clean, it will always reek of piss, {censored} and general body funk. As cruel as this is to say, I sure hope he is out when his lease is up.

• Members

I've seen him once. He looks like your average chubby late-20s d00d, but he's in a wheelchair. Sucks for the guy..... Ok fine. Butt...

I'm guessing Spina Bifida, as it seems as if he's got shall we say "bathroom control problems" and such. There's a horrific smell of body waste that seeps out of his apartment into the hallway. Not just subtly, but to the point of gagging. On bad days, it enters my apartment through the door and bathroom vent. My only guess is that he wears adult diapers and stacks them up in a corner instead of taking them out to the dumpster.

I've mentioned this odor problem to the management. At first they dismissed me as the "crazy old man that complains about {censored} all the time". Ok. Then later they called me with "OMG I see what you mean. I went there today and I couldn't stand to be there for more than 10 seconds!".

I'm not trying to publicly embarass the guy, and I understand disabilities and things. But dammit, this is my
home
. I don't like the idea that no matter how meticulous I am at keeping the place clean, it will always reek of piss, {censored} and general body funk. As cruel as this is to say, I sure hope he is out when his lease is up.

Good lawd, mojo sent!

• Members

I'm not trying to publicly embarass the guy, and I understand disabilities and things. But dammit, this is my
home
. I don't like the idea that no matter how meticulous I am at keeping the place clean, it will always reek of piss, {censored} and general body funk. As cruel as this is to say, I sure hope he is out when his lease is up.

18f433946907.jpg

• Members

LMFAO

Sadly ive had to do this before, and i live out in the country.

Ive told this story a couple times before but i live way out in the woods with my nearest neighbor being about half a mile away. They dont really live there, they just come up when the weather is good and have parties with their idiot friends.

One night im sitting inside my house with the windows closed and they are watching Titanic so {censored}ing loud i can follow the dialog. I hated Titanic and would rather gouge out my eyes than watch it again. Do you have any idea how loud you have to be to be heard that clearly inside a house from that far?

So at about midnight or so i got angry. I wheeled out my triple XXX, dimed it, and let it feed back for about half an hour with a guitar leaning up against it. After i turned it off all i heard was silence.

Its been about 3 years since that happened and they have never been that loud again. Ever.

I call it Better Relations With Your Neighbors Thru Superior Firepower, and im thinking i should do an infomercial.

• Members

One of my downtown Boston rentals, I had upstairs neighbors who would roll dice from 1-4 am while blasting music

1st time, asked nicely, wasn't listened to

2nd time, banged on ceiling with broom....got told to "{censored} off"

3rd time, called cops....

cops show up, music goes off...paddy wagon shows up, 5 are led out wearing bracelets

I guess they had a pretty substantial amount of weed, cause I never saw them again...

Archived