OT: Annoying new neighbors rant

the_gunslinger

• Members

So I lived in the same apartment complex for almost 2 full years, I've never really had a problem with the neighbors around me. Everyone's been pretty cool. The upstairs apartment has been vacant for at least 4/5 months, and I've pretty much enjoyed that time not having to hear footsteps or people arguing.

So it looks like it's been rented again, this time to a Latino family. They've only been here for only a few days, and they are already getting on my {censored}ing nerves. For the last {censored}ing hour and a half, they have been BLASTING Ranchero music non-stop, and their kids having been running and jumping all around upstairs, and around my apartment. I just got off of work, I'm dead tired, and I didn't get a lot of sleep last night, and the last thing I want to hear is a {censored}ing accordion blaring over a stereo for an hour and a half.
:mad:
God, I want to jab their eyeballs out upstairs so bad right now.

Looks like I'm going to have issues with these neighbors.

End Rant

inb4 csb tl;dr

Instead of throwing your money away on rent, buy a house and never deal with that level of bull{censored} again!

• Members

The people that lived across the street from me thought it was a good idea to light off fireworks in September at 2 am on a Tuesday night. I {censored}ing flipped. Went in their back yard and told them to knock the {censored}ing {censored} off now. I told them that Fourth of July is long {censored}ing past and if I hear it again we're going to have a much bigger problem than my yelling.

Got an apology and it never happened again. Their kid was a 19 year old prick. One time him and his friends were on their porch and some friends were dropping me off after a long happy hour. They thought it was funny to yell {censored} at my friend, who has an insanely short fuse. Next thing I know he's on their porch with a golf club. All the sudden all their {censored} talking stops and the kid doing the most jawing backed behind all his friends and sidled inside. {censored}ing pussies.

But yeah, I've had some run-ins with neighbors. You get one nice request. After that I will make your life hell.

• Members

Before we moved into our house we had a bunch of army guys back from Iraq move in below us. They apparently hadn't got back into "American" time, and preceded to party from about 10:00pm til 7:00am with an occasional "get pissed and pull someone outside and beat the {censored} out of him" break.

The best part was the guy that rented the apartment was the managers son. We called her up and she was like "well, they just got back from Iraq, :blah: I'll talk to them". Next night same thing, called the cops this time; didn't hear a sound from them after that. Manager didn't like us much after that, thankfully, we moved a few months later:wave:

• Members

Always have a louder sound system.

For me currently it's the {censored}ing weed smell creeping into my place. I don't give a {censored} if you want to veg out and waste your life, but for {censored} sake open a window asshole.

But about to buy a house and stop dealing with that nonsense.

• Members

I have the exact opposite problem. I live on the top floor of a 3 story apartment complex and I constantly get called in by my down stairs neighbor. Now bear in mind, I live alone in a 1 bedroom unit, I never play music or TV loud, I never have parties (hell, I rarely have more than one other person there), I go to bed early and I'm not home too often because of work, the band, and going out alot. He complains I'm stomping around all and constantly dropping things, but can never give a specific incident. I'm 6'-4" and 190 lbs, but I'm pretty light-footed for my height. I don't wear shoes in my place and I'm not constantly moving stuff around.

I'm thinking this guy's issue is that he's never lived in apartments before and is being overly sensitive. I've lived in quite a few and there's always going to be sound bleed through. Hearing people walk around in floors above you gonna happen from time to time. As long as they aren't doing a rendition of Stomp or bangin' around outside of awake hours (awake hours = 10am-10pm, IMO), I have no problem with them. If you don't want to hear people walk around above you, you go 2 options, either move to the top floor or get a house!

Let's not forget that I have had several chances to call him in for loud music (I'm talking you can hear and feel the sub in every corner of my apartment. If he just turned the sub off, I wouldn't hear it), but he never played it after 10pm, so I never complained. I don't want to start a calling-in war with this guy, either.

One good thing my apartment complex did was since he's complained so much and it hasn't been a severe case (i.e. big parties, several unlisted occupants, severely loud music/TV, etc, etc), he has to now call the on-site courtesy-officer when the disturbance happens and prove that I'm doing it. I have a feeling I won't be getting any more complaints because of this. I'm not doing anything a that a mindful neighbor wouldn't do, so I know I'm not in the wrong.

• Members

Ahh yes, apartment horror stories... God I hate apartments. I lived in this one joint, where all the balconies faced the pool, which meant everyone can see into everyone else's living rooms if the blinds are open. Forget about trying to have a nice quiet barbeque... At this place, my downstairs neighbors were always complainging. They had lived there forever, since before it was a {censored} hole and were making it their personal mission to make it nice again. Good luck turning time back to 1975...

Anyway, two things were noteworthy... On hot summer nights, fools would be hangning at the pool, drinking, partying and jumping off the "clubhouse" roof into the pool until 2 or 3 am EVERY night it was hot. Like none of these guys had to get up and work or something...

One Sunday morning, I am awakened at 8 am by the Ranchera/polka music... Now, I am tolerant and play in a band and understand the need to rehearse. These guys had apparently rented out the "clubhouse" to rehearse. and I got the endure it for a month or two... Until... I got the bright idea, "Why don't I rehearse there too?". I mentioned it to the apartment managers how cool it was these other guys were practicing and that I wanted to also... At this time of my life, I carried a demo tape around in my pocket at all times. They asked what my band sounded like and I handed them the demo. I could see in their faces that there would be no rehearsals by my, or any other, band in that "clubhouse" again... At least the tuba stopped.

• Members

I've done the loud amp(cranked Soldano) vs. noisy neighbor thing before. Didn't work in my case, all it did was assure them it's okay to loud and {censored}ing obnoxious. Apartments can really suck if you have an idiot neighbor.

• Members

"The People Upstairs"

The people upstairs all practice ballet,
Their living room is a bowling alley,
Their bedroom's full of conducted tours,
Their radio is louder than yours,
They celebrate weekends all the week,
When they take a shower, your ceiling leaks,
They endeavor to get their parties to mix,
By supplying the guests with pogo sticks,
And when their orgy at last abates,
They go to the bathroom on roller skates,
I'd love the people upstairs wonderous,
If instead of above us, they lived just under us,

- Ogden Nash

• Members

I have the exact opposite problem. I live on the top floor of a 3 story apartment complex and I constantly get called in by my down stairs neighbor. Now bear in mind, I live alone in a 1 bedroom unit, I never play music or TV loud, I never have parties (hell, I rarely have more than one other person there), I go to bed early and I'm not home too often because of work, the band, and going out alot. He complains I'm stomping around all and constantly dropping things, but can never give a specific incident. I'm 6'-4" and 190 lbs, but I'm pretty light-footed for my height. I don't wear shoes in my place and I'm not constantly moving stuff around.

I'm thinking this guy's issue is that he's never lived in apartments before and is being overly sensitive. I've lived in quite a few and there's always going to be sound bleed through. Hearing people walk around in floors above you gonna happen from time to time. As long as they aren't doing a rendition of
Stomp
or bangin' around outside of awake hours (awake hours = 10am-10pm, IMO), I have no problem with them. If you don't want to hear people walk around above you, you go 2 options, either move to the top floor or get a house!

Let's not forget that I have had several chances to call him in for loud music (I'm talking you can hear and feel the sub in every corner of my apartment. If he just turned the sub off, I wouldn't hear it), but he never played it after 10pm, so I never complained. I don't want to start a calling-in war with this guy, either.

One good thing my apartment complex did was since he's complained so much and it hasn't been a severe case (i.e. big parties, several unlisted occupants, severely loud music/TV, etc, etc), he has to now call the on-site courtesy-officer when the disturbance happens and prove that I'm doing it. I have a feeling I won't be getting any more complaints because of this. I'm not doing anything a that a mindful neighbor wouldn't do, so I know I'm not in the wrong.

THis. I lived in a mini high-rise in the Galleria before moving up here North, and that place was solid concrete all around so I REALLY had to pump it to get in trouble (which I did, quite often I might add :lol: my Polks get kinda loud when I come home at 2:45 from a gig, and throw on the Pantera DVD) but I mean within DAYS of me moving in here (I'm on the 2nd floor-worst of ALL) I had the {censored}tard "courtesy occifer" at my doorstep and basically explained I was being loud but couldn't say how or why, etc. to which I said it's not my problem these people haven't had renters above them for xx amount of months. I hear the dudes above me all the time, so get over it.

Then during the got damm Super Bowl, I'm hanging in my rocker-recliner just rocking like usual in that type of chair and THUMP THUMP THUMP at the door. I'm like yeah? And it's that {censored}tard again w/ the people. They're like ummm they are saying you're rocking too loud in your chair. I laughed at the guy and said sorry dude I don't care, I'm not apologize for my "chair being too loud". :lol: Then proceeded back to chair and not a peep since.

However, the people under me bought a "new" car with only the paper LP, no registration sticker, etc. and just parked it in THE closest spot to my door. So naturally, I called the office and told them there was an abandoned vehicle by my building, white busted up Sebring and wouldn't you know the next day it was gone. :lol: The office told me it was towed and thanked me for alerting them to that so was all good in the end. ;) The people below me give me the go to {censored}ing hell look about every time I see them now which of course is a direct result of that. :lol:

• Members

I'll trade with you. My neighbor screams at the top of her lungs about how "NOONE NEEDS TO KNOW I USE A CATHETER" and throws microwaves.

Yea. She's nuts.

make a loop of this and crank it as loud as you can when she gets ramped up

• Members

The other thing is that her balcony faces the parking lot, so every time I come home from somewhere, there she is smoking (explicitly non smoking apartments) on her balcony staring at me the whole time I get out of my car/grab stuff/kid. Creepy.

Imagine a 60 year old female version of Gary Busey that, on the surface acts a little bit too nice and once and awhile explodes into violent, loud rampages.

That's my neighbor.

• Members

The other thing is that her balcony faces the parking lot, so every time I come home from somewhere, there she is smoking (explicitly non smoking apartments) on her balcony staring at me the whole time I get out of my car/grab stuff/kid. Creepy.

Imagine a 60 year old female version of Gary Busey that, on the surface acts a little bit too nice and once and awhile explodes into violent, loud rampages.

That's my neighbor.

Smoking%20Granny%201.jpg

• Members

My girlfriend (now my wife) did the apartment thing for 6 months. Between the uber partiers downstairs shaking stuff off of our shelves at 2 am (including someone getting thrown threw a window) and our psycho roommate we opted to buy a home a lot faster than we had planned. We are in a subdivision with houses fairly close together but as long as the hours are reasonable no one complains. I do have a cool neighbor who gets drunk and pulls out his bugle at ungodly hours now and then but he gives me beer whenever I stop by so it is all good.

• Members

My girlfriend (now my wife) did the apartment thing for 6 months. Between the uber partiers downstairs shaking stuff off of our shelves at 2 am (including someone getting thrown threw a window) and our psycho roommate we opted to buy a home a lot faster than we had planned. We are in a subdivision with houses fairly close together but as long as the hours are reasonable no one complains. I do have a cool neighbor who gets drunk and pulls out his bugle at ungodly hours now and then but he gives me beer whenever I stop by so it is all good.

Bribery will get you everywhere they say.....

• Members
My girlfriend (now my wife) did the apartment thing for 6 months. Between the uber partiers downstairs shaking stuff off of our shelves at 2 am (including someone getting thrown threw a window) and our psycho roommate we opted to buy a home a lot faster than we had planned. We are in a subdivision with houses fairly close together but as long as the hours are reasonable no one complains. I do have a cool neighbor who gets drunk and
pulls out his bugle at ungodly hours
now and then but he gives me beer whenever I stop by so it is all good.

I read that as pulls out his bulge. I was a bit surprised you were ok with that. :lol:

• Members
So I lived in the same apartment complex for almost 2 full years, I've never really had a problem with the neighbors around me. Everyone's been pretty cool. The upstairs apartment has been vacant for at least 4/5 months, and I've pretty much enjoyed that time not having to hear footsteps or people arguing.

So it looks like it's been rented again, this time to a Latino family. They've only been here for only a few days, and they are already getting on my {censored}ing nerves. For the last {censored}ing hour and a half, they have been BLASTING Ranchero music non-stop, and their kids having been running and jumping all around upstairs, and around my apartment. I just got off of work, I'm dead tired, and I didn't get a lot of sleep last night, and the last thing I want to hear is a {censored}ing accordion blaring over a stereo for an hour and a half.
God, I want to jab their eyeballs out upstairs so bad right now.

Looks like I'm going to have issues with these neighbors.

End Rant

inb4 csb tl;dr

Dude, you shoulda grabbed that apartment when you had the chance. I lived in a complex like that once and had a similar situation - the family above was just nuts and the kids ran wild during the day with no supervision. One time the noise was crazy, so I went up there and banged on the door and two kids answered the door wearing ROLLER SKATES I kid you not. They eventually got evicted (big surprise) and I moved into that apartment so there was no one above me any more. Problem solved!

• Members

i have a neighbor/renter move in next door (in a house, in a deed restricted community, in fla.). they had their hHIGJHLY autistic kid in the pool splashing an moaning really loud, unattended on THANKSGIVING! my solution after nearly 6 months of this bull{censored}? a 5 cd shuffle blasted through a pair of bose 301s on my lanai.

its been 4 months and the kid hasn't been outside since.

problem solved.

Archived