Deciding On Which Amp To Get:Peavey 6505+ Head/ Line 6 Vetta or HD147 Head?

Charvel1975

• Members

Hey guys I'm trying to decide on what amp head to get. I'm getting ready to get another head as my main amp head.

I currentely have a Mesa Tremoverb that was converted to a head but I've had it since new in 95 and can't really use it at shows cause it's either off or rip yer head off volume. I also have a Line 6 Flextone 2 head & floorboard that I've used for a long time but I'm kind of at a crossroads cause I like the conveinence of not having to do a tap dance with the Line 6, hence why I was thinking of upgrading to a HD147 or original Vetta head, our band plays modern metal.

On the other hand my buddy has a peavey 6505+ head and I love the way it sounds so I was thinking of getting a 6505+ head and maybe one of those Line 6 M9 stompbox modelers for my effects. Any thoughts?

• Members

If you haven't already tried it, you may want to put an eq pedal in the loop and set the level a little lower so the point at which the volume knob seems to jump won't be a problem anymore. Otherwise, I've never liked Line 6 amps and will be biased towards recommending almost anything else. :D And I have a 6505+ and definitely recommend it for metal. Regarding recording, I've heard some great Line 6 metal tones and know they're convenient for DI, but there are also some great amp sim plugins (including free ones) that'll get great metal tones.

• Members

The Line 6 Vetta is a good amp and for whatever reason is ALOT BETTER sounding than the HD 147, (Im not a fan of the HD147, alot more sterile and lifeless to my ears) i dont know why but it just is, its not even close. I dont know why Line 6 stopped with that amp, it really was a good sounding and versatile amp. I kinda wonder what they could have done if they continued with that as the flagship development amp

The Peavey 6505 is a workhorse and monster, cant go wrong with that amp its a great amp, i would go

Peavey..

Vetta..

NEVER!!

:o

• Members

the 6505+ ! I picked one up used for $550 this month and for $50 I got a bias mod and hiss mod and it competes and holds its own. Great for rock and metal.

Line 6 {censored} is not gonna be in your best interests. Great bedroom amps but wont cut through anything in a live mix. Stay away from that stuff.

• Members

I own 5150 II, Vetta upgraded to II specs, HD147, SpiderValve HD100, and plenty of cabs to work with. Once again, I have to go against the grain and express my love for Line 6.

In the metal cover band I was in. Guess what amp got the most playing time by far? Vetta. Play most of the rhythm and need sweet cleans with a bit of effects?(Fade to Black) Vetta. Wanna run different amps on the left and right for a huge sound? Vetta. Like to have a plethora of amps and effects to choose? Vetta. Need a super fun amp? Vetta.

Dont get me wrong the 5150 II smashes my balls with its one sound. :lol:

• Members

I own 5150 II, Vetta upgraded to II specs, HD147, SpiderValve HD100, and plenty of cabs to work with. Once again, I have to go against the grain and express my love for Line 6.

In the metal cover band I was in. Guess what amp got the most playing time by far? Vetta. Play most of the rhythm and need sweet cleans with a bit of effects?(Fade to Black) Vetta. Wanna run different amps on the left and right for a huge sound? Vetta. Like to have a plethora of amps and effects to choose? Vetta. Need a super fun amp? Vetta.

Dont get me wrong the 5150 II smashes my balls with its one sound.
:lol:

This affirms my suspicions in the thread about the Tiny Terror.

You have tin ear,..

• Members

Well then so does all my bandmates and every person that ever complimented my sound. All 100% favorable.

Ive said it before and Ill say it again. If you cant get a servicable sound from one of Line 6s flagship amps then you fucking suck.

You cant get one out of a Tinny terror either. Perhaps you should stick to acoustic guitar?:p

This affirms my suspicions in the thread about the Tiny Terror.

You have tin ear,..

• Members

If you cant get a servicable sound from one of Line 6s flagship amps then you {censored}ing suck.

I'm gonna have to agree, the Vetta dialed in right sounds BADASS!!!

He has my old one, and like him, I always got compliments on my tone from people at gigs/rehearsals, as well as fellow musicians.

6505 is a great amp period, but don't discount a Line 6 in the right hands.

• Members

Why get rid of your Mesa? FastRed had it right with a powerbrake. Honestly, that's the amp I'd take over what you listed.

For the amps you're talking about... Peavey has a great sound!

Line6 HD147 & esp the Vetta, when in the hands of someone who will take their time, have awesome tones.

Derek

Archived