All of you should be listening to Dolf and Facing Failure's band.

t-rey

• Members

Tshirts, jeans and the occasional button down makes you a hipster? And more importantly, I was very unaware that hipsters knew who Tom Waits is. I thought they were too busy worshipping Leonard Cohen, Nirvana, the Smiths and Radiohead. And {censored}ing Bright Eyes. And I'm approaching 30 and have been listening to Tom Waits via my parents since I was like 6.

Also, go listen to the rest of our music and shut the {censored} up because you genuinely have no idea what the {censored} you're talking about. Feel free to join in on the conversation when you remove the dick from your ears and are handed a clue.

Lol, I love you dude.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

No offense intended, but since you asked... Everything about you (at least this song/video) is hipster. The dress, the retro-chic vibe of the music and instrumentation and even worship/emulation of Tom Waits makes you 100% Grade A Hipsters.

Look, I live Austin, and spend time in Portland Oregon. I know my hipsters. You, sir, apparently wouldn't know a hipster if one beaned you with a PBR from their fixie.

• Members

No offense intended, but since you asked... Everything about you (at least this song/video) is hipster. The dress, the retro-chic vibe of the music and instrumentation and even worship/emulation of Tom Waits makes you 100% Grade A Hipsters.

Couldn't disagree more, dude. Nothing about these guys is hipster.

• Members

Look, I live Austin, and spend time in Portland Oregon. I know my hipsters. You, sir, apparently wouldn't know a hipster if one beaned you with a PBR from their fixie.

In fairness, PBR is my favorite cheap beer. Well, that and High Life :love:

• Members

It's the champagne of beers, dammit!

I switched from High Life to Lone Star when I moved to Texas. High Life still happens about once a month, and then I remember why I switched to Lone Star. Even my brother, the brewer, admits it's pretty decent for "cheap beer."

But {censored} me running, that "Champagne of Beers" things drives me {censored}ing nuts. It's like saying something is the Spanner Wrench of Fruit, and that bit of cognitive dissonance just makes me rage a little on the inside, every time I see it.

Edit- y'know, thinking about it "TOMW AITS" would be {censored}in' awesome knuckle tatts. Whenever I get knuckle ink, it's going to be "READ MORE" but Tom Waits would be a pretty good option, too.

• Members

But {censored} me running, that "Champagne of Beers" things drives me {censored}ing nuts. It's like saying something is the Spanner Wrench of Fruit, and that bit of cognitive dissonance just makes me rage a little on the inside, every time I see it.

From some old timer's I was drinking with one time told me that the whole "Champagne of beers" was just a slogan for the women as High Life, I guess, was geared towards women initially.. Ya'know champagne sounds more womenly apparently.. SO they busted me pretty good when I ordered the High Life..

• Members

I mean, obviously, I prefer whiskey to beer 9.95 times out of 10.

Also, Facing Failure is the singer. I am playing keys and the white guitar in this video. Also my wife is doing the main "chorus" vox and I'm doing harmonies.

• Members

Well, at least that makes a little more sense. I always looked at it as though they were trying to upsell the beer. Like it was a botched attempt at "The Ferrari of Beer!" or something, and all I could think was "Champagne is a kind of sparkling wine! In and unto itself, it does not denote quality or good flavor!"

• Members

I mean, obviously, I prefer whiskey to beer 9.95 times out of 10.

Also, Facing Failure is the singer. I am playing keys and the white guitar in this video. Also my wife is doing the main "chorus" vox and I'm doing harmonies.

Cool bro.

FF, your voice is boss.

• Members

It was hella boss on We Got a Great Big Convoy...or whatever that is. I think of it as Convoy. That was seriously one of my favorite tracks of...er, whenever FF posted it for the first time. It still makes it onto playlists and mix CDs for the road. It's a dangerous song to play while driving.

• Members

Yeah, me and tequila don't really get along. Even really good tequila. It always ends poorly.

Which is why I try and only drink bottom/mid-shelf whiskey. Telephant hates me because I always buy Evan Williams, and not like, Woodford Reserve or Buffalo Trace, or something. But, if goes down smooth like candy for grown-ups...then I'll drink it like candy for grown-ups.

• Members

Which is why I try and only drink bottom/mid-shelf whiskey. Telephant hates me because I always buy Evan Williams, and not like, Woodford Reserve or Buffalo Trace, or something. But, if goes down smooth like candy for grown-ups...then I'll drink it like candy for grown-ups.

I like Evan a lot. Every bit as good as Jack, but it's half the price. Really decent spirit for cheap.

• Members
In fairness, PBR is my favorite cheap beer. Well, that and High Life
:love:

bro, if drinking PBR makes you a hipster, then every gotdamn trailer park in the history of white trash has been full of hipsters.

oh and pbr is almost always the free band beer. when someone offers you free beer you take it. period.

• Members

It was hella boss on We Got a Great Big Convoy...or whatever that is. I think of it as Convoy. That was seriously one of my favorite tracks of...er, whenever FF posted it for the first time. It still makes it onto playlists and mix CDs for the road. It's a dangerous song to play while driving.

It's on the new album along with several other jams which are in a similar vibe. Some of them slow grinds.

• Members
Tshirts, jeans and the occasional button down makes you a hipster? And more importantly, I was very unaware that hipsters knew who Tom Waits is. I thought they were too busy worshipping Leonard Cohen, Nirvana, the Smiths and Radiohead. And {censored}ing Bright Eyes. And I'm approaching 30 and have been listening to Tom Waits via my parents since I was like 6.

Also, go listen to the rest of our music and shut the {censored} up because you genuinely have no idea what the {censored} you're talking about. Feel free to join in on the conversation when you remove the dick from your ears and are handed a clue.

methinks thou doth protest too much :cop:

• Members

oh and pbr is almost always the free band beer. when someone offers you free beer you take it. period.

Unless it's Bud Light, in which case, you knock it out of their hand and hit them in the head with a rolled up newspaper or magazine. It's the only way they'll learn.

• Members

bro, if drinking PBR makes you a hipster, then every gotdamn trailer park in the history of white trash has been full of hipsters.

oh and pbr is almost always the free band beer.
when someone offers you free beer you take it. period.

truf torpedo inbound

• Members

I'm pretty solidly white trash for knowing that Evan is my favorite brand. :)

Archived