So... I got mugged last night...

Dead Star

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Im sure California is not legal to conceal and carry......cause honestly I would rather them bite a bullet than get away with it...or next time happen to a family member. Im glad you did resist a little...call it ego, balls..whatever. Those punks will never stop until something has made them stop. Glad you are ok.

Too bad. Glad I don't live there. With increasing violence, not being able to protect yourself is bs.

Glad you're okay, and I hope they're not playing the "Knock Out Game" in CA since you can't ccw over there.

• Members

Important thing is you're ok. Of course this thread turns into a discussion on whether you were a dumbass or not for fighting back. You did what you did in a tense situation. You're fight or flight instinct kicked in. Neither is wrong IMO. Both are natural instincts.

But this reasons exactly is why 95% of the time, I have a pocket knife on me.

• Members

OP I don't want you to feel bad and I don't want to come off as someone who is just piling on but this subject is important.

Fighting back when being robbed at knife point (and you do not have a knife, and there is two guys) is just dumb. We need to think better than that when excited. Personally I have my doubts about this fighting back but I reserve any judgment without proof.

As everyone else said, glad you are OK and alive.

• Members

Just try to let it go man, don't dwell on it.

Something similar happened to me recently and I'm still so mad about it I have dreams. I had a dream a few weeks ago that I wasgetting robbed in an alleyway and I tossed him my wallet and when he turned around to go a gun materialized in my hand and I shot him in the back. And I taunted him and made him kiss my feet and worship me and call me god as he lay writhing and bleeding on the ground. :freak:

Let it go man

• Members

OP: how did you not notice them coming up from behind you? I would have thought it would have been easy to hear them running up to you. Anytime someone acts suspiciously around me in a bad hood, you should raise your situational awareness.

If you can't CCW, then carry pepper spray. It works on multiple assailants. If you would have turned around and had it at the ready, you could have disabled them and given yourself time to retreat.

At least it's a lesson learned.

• Members

Ego is what allows life to know what mouth to put food in.

The Id is what was going last night; the "A" side or Survival aspect of the conditioned personality.

Was that "food" or "foot"?

With the bad spelling around here, you never know if you can laugh at someone or not.

• Members

Pshh. I would have grabbed the knife while simultaneously roundhouse kicking the other guy in the face. Then right after, I'd have a threesome with both their moms while they were forced to watch.

However, this would be happening because I was hallucinating from so much blood loss. :o

• Members

Pshh. I would have grabbed the knife while simultaneously roundhouse kicking the other guy in the face. Then right after, I'd have a threesome with both their moms while they were forced to watch.

However, this would be happening because I was hallucinating from so much blood loss.
:o

Haha knives are much harder to defend against when in close quarters than a handgun. I'd be much more afraid of someone having a knife to my back, the only way to approach an attack would be to roll forward and spring up real quick before they have a chance to push it into your back. then you have two armed thugs to deal with, which sound unprofessional, so they will likely do an overhand stab, extremely easy to deflect and attack in many weak spots.

I know way too much about this {censored} :facepalm:

• Members

I would have emptied my pockets, gave them the money/cell phone ( hopefully keeping my wallet), and not done sh%t. Maybe look into buying a tazer cause some of these bastards will take your $ then stab/shoot you just for the hell of it or even shoot you by "accident".

• Members

Haha knives are much harder to defend against when in close quarters than a handgun. I'd be much more afraid of someone having a knife to my back, the only way to approach an attack would be to roll forward and spring up real quick before they have a chance to push it into your back. then you have two armed thugs to deal with, which sound unprofessional, so they will likely do an overhand stab, extremely easy to deflect and attack in many weak spots.

I know way too much about this {censored}
:facepalm:

Seriously, how many cumulative hours of Steven Segal movies and Walker, Texas Ranger have you watched?

Archived