Ok Canadians, its time to vote!

Eschatologist

• Members
Lick me.

When you have something to say that I don't know, speak up. Till then shut that thing you use to suck cocks.

nice to see you have nothing to contribute. And using insults to cover your insecurity? damn. :facepalm:
Best you just leave before you make yourself look any dumber.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Your avatar sums up how I feel about this result.

Not everyone who is successful votes conservative. My parents are a doctor and a teacher respectively; I have friends whose parents are civil servants, bankers, and they all vote Liberal. It's the selfish and small minded who prop up Harper and his ilk. Those who're only interested in their bottom line and don't want to think of the welfare of the nation and those in it. They uncritically swallow any nonsense the spin doctors shove down their throats, and vote for anyone who'll make them richer.

Goddamn I hate humanity.

You're confusing my statement "a march to the right" with voting large c Conservative.

• Members

you are honestly retarded.

take consideration that hes in Saskatchewan, where it makes sense to hvae an NDP government.

Take another consideration that people are tired of the Conservatives behaviour (multiple prorogues, general disregard for things other than economy), and people are pissed at the liberals and bloc for starting the vote in the first place.

Multiple perogies?! :)

dbae7b795365e0a778fb3ceaa87f8d31.jpg

• Members

Congrats! When did this happen?

Over a year and a half ago.

So if the red is true, then how do you explain my voting for the NDP, as well as ridings that have:

extremely low student numbers,

low general 18-25 demographics, and

middle to upper middle class domestic incomes

voting in a fashion that put the NDP either in 1st, or in a very close 2nd?

Its really not that far fetched to think that people can and do think and vote differently than you and others in your situation. I don't want a handout from the government, nor have I ever. I do, however, want the welfare state of this country to stop sucking ass, amongst a plethora of other things.

• Members

Over a year and a half ago.

So if the red is true, then how do you explain my voting for the NDP, as well as ridings that have:

extremely low student numbers,

low general 18-25 demographics, and

middle to upper middle class domestic incomes

voting in a fashion that put the NDP either in 1st, or in a very close 2nd?

Its really not that far fetched to think that people can and do think and vote differently than you and others in your situation. I don't want a handout from the government, nor have I ever. I do, however, want the welfare state of this country to stop sucking ass, amongst a plethora of other things.

I said "pretty much". I didn't say that explained why everyone voted how they did.

I do stand by my opinion that Quebec voted for the NDP because the Bloc wasn't doing what they wanted for them and I still think that Ontario north of cottage country was disgusted with Ingatz and the lakeshore and cottage country felt the same but voted Conservative. That leaves about 4 ridings in sparsely populated areas to whom the NDP would be the preferred party. And last southern BC. I don't know why they voted NDP - I'm guessing the economy is poor there and the NDP is the party of social welfare.

I'm not gonna ask you to explain why you voted NDP, that's a personal choice and none of my business. I'd guess it's because of opinions and ideaologies you formed in your University years. Hence my red comment. If you want to tell, I'm all ears. But if you don't want to, that's your privilege.

One question I will ask. Do you vote on what you think is best for you or what you think is best for the country? Yes, I realise that they often overlap and are the same thing but you get the general gist of the question.

EDIT: Year and a half!? Wow, time flies.

• Members

comment. If you want to tell, I'm all ears. But if you don't want to, that's your privilege.

One question I will ask. Do you vote on what you think is best for you or what you think is best for the country? Yes, I realise that they often overlap and are the same thing but you get the general gist of the question.

EDIT: Year and a half!? Wow, time flies.

I vote based on what I feel is good for the country. I do well for myself, have no children or dependents, don't own property (yet), have no debt to speak of, etc. There is nothing the NDP brings to the table for me besides a continued commitment to accessible health care, but even then, I'm healthy, and I doubt anyone or any party is going to significantly jeopardize health care.

I formed my opinions and ideologies long before my university years. As stated before, I'm from Saskatchewan, where the NDP works and is strong, and necessary. I was raised in an upper middle class house hold and but was always reminded by my parents and family that I am fortunate, and that there are many many more people in {censored}tier situations than there are people in good situations like mine. It is society's responsibility to care for these people regardless of how or why they are in their {censored}ty situation. I firmly believe that and hold the importance of a robust welfare state and social responsibility close to my heart. I'm not saying that university didn't affect me, but not as much as you would think. The Liberals were okay in that regard, but the NDP are the best for what I value.

With regards to the anomalous ridings that the NDP won, I think it might have to do with the fact that Layton is perceived by MANY as the most trustworthy party leader...and that too many people vote based on a party's leader, instead of the party itself.

• Members

If we were on the ball like we should be, there would be a canadian F-35 pictured somewhere. Our F18's can only do so much, and we have a huge land to cover. If we don't want to have to rely on big brother (USA) all the time to protect us, which I am very thankful that they do on a daily basis, then we need some {censored}ing air power. Seriously, we are so behind when it comes to air power. If it weren't for the USA, I really think we would be in trouble.

People don't realize how Canada's freedom depends on basic home defense. I'm not talking "offensive/attack", simply being able to defend ourselves. To do this, we need to park our aging fleet and get something worthy of the new millenium. Take a look at some military strenght charts... Canada is in the top 30, but that leaves the most dangerous powers above Canada - which wouldn't be a problem if we didn't possess the second largest country on the planet. Adding to this is the fact that Canada is a very peaceful and well-off nation, our land is rich with wood, water and mineral resources.

Now people want to skimp out on home defence? Maybe its a simple matter of realizing what we need to protect.

I don't think anyone in this country should be happy about the possibility of spending $30 billion (no, not the $16 billion the Conservatives somehow think it'll cost) on fighter jets that have had so many delays, problems, cost overruns, and increased maintenance costs.

• Members

I don't think anyone in this country should be happy about the possibility of spending $30 billion (no, not the $16 billion the Conservatives somehow think it'll cost) on fighter jets that have had so many delays, problems, cost overruns, and increased maintenance costs.

Oh you are right. However, I just wonder what quotes you know of, and/or company track record that might be a better solution than this one? Lockheed Martin is definitely one of the top players in the fighter jet race. There is a price for air superiority, and if there were a better solution I'm sure it would have been at least considered.

• Members

The difference isn't how they want to make the country a better place, its for whom they want it to be better.

The Conservatives by and large are the party of the wealthy and the uneducated.

Duncan, like you I was raised to believe in the importance of state systems that help the less fortunate. That's why I will never vote conservative.

+1 on all accounts.

• Members

Conservative are only going in the cash side...they {censored}ed up cultural and social department.

Now that the recession is ending, it is time to go on the left side..NPD

Harper is a good speaker, but not a good human.

• Members

Conservative are only going in the cash side...they {censored}ed up cultural and social department.

Now that the recession is ending, it is time to go on the left side..NPD

Harper is a good speaker, but not a good human.

Its NDP in english.

• Members
massive
:facepalm:
I hate harper so so very much

out electorial system NEEDS to be updated, it's not fair and far too dangerous to have one political party calling all the shots

Welp, according to a former (and undoubtedly future) PC cabinet minister on CBC yesterday, one of the first orders of business will be to gerrymander some new PC ridings in Ontario to assure future majorities.

• Members

The Conservatives by and large are the party of the wealthy and the uneducated

This part of your post got me thinking. Yes, I know, always a dangerous thing...

So, if the wealthy and uneducated vote Cons. that means the other voters are poor and educated. My question then is, "If you're so smart, why are you poor?"

No I'm not asking seriously, I'm having fun busting your balls for using "and" where "or" would have been the proper choice.

• Members

I was hoping you'd chime in.

Props to Quebec for still being the smartest and most sophisticated voters in Canada. I'm 100% sincere in saying that too.

I don't like what you guys want to do but I gotta admire the the genius behind how you're doing it.

You know what, you make it sound like it's some kind of plan on the part of Quebecers. There was no concerted effort to send so many new NDP deputies to Ottawa, nor was there a concerted effort to kill the Bloc. The general feeling right now is "gee, I liked the Bloc. Had I known, I would have voted differently".

The end result is just the deep manifestation of the fact that most Quebecers don't recognize themselves in Canada and that has been the case for a long time now.

• Members

You know what, you make it sound like it's some kind of plan on the part of Quebecers. There was no concerted effort to send so many new NDP deputies to Ottawa, nor was there a concerted effort to kill the Bloc. The general feeling right now is "gee, I liked the Bloc. Had I known, I would have voted differently".

The end result is just the deep manifestation of the fact that most Quebecers don't recognize themselves in Canada and that has been the case for a long time now.

I didn't mean to imply that I think there's some mastermind plot hatched in a back room that only Quebecers are in on. I'm not a tinfoil hat wearing conpiracy theory buff.

I'm just honestly impressed by the political savvy the province's voters show. The rest of the country could learn a lesson.

• Members

If it makes Quebec feel any better, I don't recognize myself with the Canada that seems to matter the most, in the eyes of the Federal Government. I am, of course, talking about Ontario. A province that I've only been to twice and both times, it was a stop over at Pearson Airport.

• Members

But if you look a little deeper, by identifying each group as 'the' wealthy and 'the' uneducated, the implication is that they're distinct from one another as opposed to if I had said "the wealthy and uneducated."

:cop:

And yes I read the bit in white XD

• Members

Are there any statistics to back up that voters of Conservatives are uneducated? I dislike the Conservative party as much as the next guy (well, actually I really just very much dislike Harper) but I find it hard to believe that voters of Conservative candidates are any, let's say 'dumber', than any other voters.

Archived