Ok Canadians, its time to vote!

Eschatologist

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Are there any statistics to back up that voters of Conservatives are uneducated? I dislike the Conservative party as much as the next guy (well, actually I really just very much dislike Harper) but I find it hard to believe that voters of Conservative candidates are any, let's say 'dumber', than any other voters.

Rednecks vote Conservative. Rednecks = dumb.

I think that's how it goes.

• Members

Rednecks = dumb.

While this is definitely true (heh) there are only really two places I'd call flat out redneck within Canada (and I've been everywhere): All of Alberta and the farm lands of Sask.. Considering the biggest turn around in Conservative favor was in B.C. I don't think one can use the 'Redneck=dumb/Conservative=Redneck so Conservative=dumb' card in this argument.

I lived in Alberta for a few years and my God are they a bunch of {censored}in' rednecks. It's so funny to be in a place where you could swear you woke up in southern America (minus the searing hot weather), before coming to the realization that you're really just stuck in Canada's asshole. So, weird that no matter which direction you go in you are OUT of redneck territory. It's an isolated redneck zone. I used to see so many Texas license plates there. Rednecks stick together I guess... oh, and also think that they are the greatest gift from God the world has ever known. It's strange to hear rednecks (eg. Fox News) go on about "liberal elitists" like they are the devil that thinks its {censored} doesn't stink when no one in the world thinks they are, as I said, the greatest gift from God the world has ever known more than rednecks.

And yet, they are dumber than a pair of soiled loafers.

• Members

While this is definitely true (heh) there are only really two places I'd call flat out redneck within Canada (and I've been everywhere): All of Alberta and the farm lands of Sask.. Considering the biggest turn around in Conservative favor was in B.C. I don't think one can use the 'Redneck=dumb/Conservative=Redneck so Conservative=dumb' card in this argument.

I lived in Alberta for a few years and my God are they a bunch of {censored}in' rednecks. It's so funny to be in a place where you could swear you woke up in southern America (minus the searing hot weather), before coming to the realization that you're really just stuck in Canada's asshole. So, weird that no matter which direction you go in you are OUT of redneck territory. It's an isolated redneck zone. I used to see so many Texas license plates there. Rednecks stick together I guess... oh, and also think that they are the greatest gift from God the world has ever known. It's strange to hear rednecks (eg. Fox News) go on about "liberal elitists" like they are the devil that thinks its {censored} doesn't stink when no one in the world thinks they are, as I said, the greatest gift from God the world has ever known more than rednecks.

And yet, they are dumber than a pair of soiled loafers.

Lol.

Victoria = the walker capital of Canada.

I hear they don't even turn on the street lights cuz the entire city is in bed at 7 PM. Then up at 8 to pee. Then back to bed. Up at 9 ....

Sounds like you need a good laxative and a nap.

Or are you one of the few younger people there who spends their days running into the woods turning over logs looking for mushrooms?

• Members

Lol.

Victoria = the walker capital of Canada.

I hear they don't even turn on the street lights cuz the entire city is in bed at 7 PM. Then up at 8 to pee. Then back to bed. Up at 9 ....

Sounds like you need a good laxative and a nap.

Or are you one of the few younger people there who spends their days running into the woods turning over logs looking for mushrooms?

Heh, you're description of Victoria is about 15 years too late, dude. Indeed, 15 years ago Victoria was a wasteland of old people, and summer tourists. Victoria now is unrecognizable as its former self. In fact, Victoria is listed as one of the most 'desired to live in' cities in Canada, it's the second most expensive city in Canada to live (currently, next to Vancouver) because of demand, housing here is stupid to find let alone afford, we felt almost NO hit recession wise due to its ever expanding construction industry, and, for some bizarre reason I can't wrap my head around, it's a busy tourist destination most of the year now. You'll see more patchouli stinkin' hippies here, downtown, now than old people. The population increase was so fast and is so bad now that not only is the entire place a cluster {censored} for most of the day, driving wise, but the Conservative candidate in my riding ran his entire campaign on the promise that he would tax us all enough to build an overpass in the city's most traffic bogging intersection. Ya... a Conservative running on a platform of costing us money (he didn't win). That's when you know you're city has a problem with population.

Side Note: I'm actually not sure why you posted your reply. The topic wasn't on Victoria, no one mentioned Victoria, and it seems a little suspect that you would make a post in reply to me insulting Alberta to insult the city I currently happen to live in - which I conclude you did because my redneck slander hit close to home ;)

• Members
Heh, you're description of Victoria is about 15 years too late, dude. Indeed, 15 years ago Victoria was a wasteland of old people, and summer tourists. Victoria now is unrecognizable as its former self. In fact, Victoria is listed as one of the most 'desired to live in' cities in Canada, it's the second most expensive city in Canada to live (currently, next to Vancouver) because of demand, housing here is stupid to find let alone afford, we felt almost NO hit recession wise due to its ever expanding construction industry, and, for some bizarre reason I can't wrap my head around, it's a busy tourist destination most of the year now. You'll see more patchouli stinkin' hippies here, downtown, now than old people. The population increase was so fast and is so bad now that not only is the entire place a cluster {censored} for most of the day, driving wise, but the Conservative candidate in my riding ran his entire campaign on the promise that he would tax us all enough to build an overpass in the city's most traffic bogging intersection. Ya... a Conservative running on a platform of costing us money (he didn't win). That's when you know you're city has a problem with population.

Side Note: I'm actually not sure why you posted your reply. The topic wasn't on Victoria, no one mentioned Victoria, and it seems a little suspect that you would make a post in reply to me insulting Alberta to insult the city I currently happen to live in - which I conclude you did because my redneck slander hit close to home
;)

• Members

Side Note: I'm actually not sure why you posted your reply. The topic wasn't on Victoria, no one mentioned Victoria, and it seems a little suspect that you would make a post in reply to me insulting Alberta to insult the city I currently happen to live in - which I conclude you did because my redneck slander hit close to home
;)

Yes, slander was the right term.

I'm a Calgarian. Ex Pat for the last year.

You must have had a uniquely bad experience in Alberta. It's not CLOSE to what you described. Sure, you can find tiny pockets of red necks there but it's not at all the way you told everyone it is.

• Members

You must have had a uniquely bad experience in Alberta. It's not CLOSE to what you described. Sure, you can find tiny pockets of red necks there but it's not at all the way you told everyone it is.

this is what i've also found.

• Members

Oh, weird. I didn't know you were in Victoria. Where's your business located?

It's actually kinda' weird that there are at least a hand full of people from Victoria on this board.

Come see us play tomorrw @ Lucky bar. Should be a great metal show. I'll be the guitar player without the goatee (sp??) in Overproof (formerly regular people) Cheers, Lucius

Archived