So I had a cop follow me home today...

grunge782

• Members

Do what I did once. Pull over to the nearest parking lot and then get out your reg/license all ready for him. The cop pulled up side to side with me, then told me my drivers side head light was out and that I should get that taken care of. :lol:

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Most younger cops are complete assholes, I've had pretty good experience with the older ones. I have 2 cops in my family and they are both complete pieces of {censored}, my ex's dad was a sheriff and cool (even though he helped create the stupid ****).

• Members

I live in a small, rural area with little for them to do. Except tail the long-haired dude who walks out of the music store twice a week at the same time.

I had been followed a few times without being pulled over. Then I am pulled over for loud exhaust. Let go. Then a week later the cop tells me he called my insurance agent and I really don't have insurance even though a week earlier I showed him my proof of insurance. I end up being arrested. Having my car impounded. Taken to jail. Fingerprinted. Booked. Bailed out.

When I show to court there is another guy with the same issue. The Prosecutor is not receptive to either of us---even though we both have letters from our insurance agents stating that we DID have insurance, as well as our proof of insurance. She says she is also charging me for 2 counts.... because obviously the first time he pulled me over for "loud exhaust" I did not have insurance then and so I have 2 counts against me for the same offense. She will drop one of them if I plead guilty she tells me. Or I can get a lawyer, plead not guilty and fight it with all the added expense and time of doing so.

You decide. You have 5 minutes.

I decided the {censored}ing crooks can have my money and I will tell everyone I know, write to the paper, inform my legislator, and everyone else that will listen that there is something shady going on in Montmorency County Michigan. The same County where 3 Sheriff Deputies were only "verbally reprimanded" for hosting a party and serving alcohol to underage girls. Didn't lose their jobs. Were not put on desk duty. Yeah.... that's the atmosphere here.

The Sheriff said he could not "fire them" because "we cannot afford to lose such good Officers, as they are so hard to replace and train new ones."

Dude... that's {censored}ed up :(

sorry to hear that. you seem like a cool dude, and not one to blow something out of proportion :(

contact an instate but out of area attorney and discuss your case. if you have something he/she will be paid by the city after you stomp their ass in state court.

mojo sent either way :(

• Members

What's up with cops lately?

Yesterday I was driving my band's van to a gas station to get some air for the tires. The van is older and the radio sometimes gets a little wonky, so I was driving along fiddling with one of the knobs when I look up and all of a sudden this police car comes ripping around me with his lights on, cuts me off, and continues to speed along. The police car had a {censored}ing tree branch hanging off its rear bumper and caked on mud all around the wheel wells and tires. I'm thinking, "wat". He slows down ahead of me, turns his lights off (another wat) and slowly starts to turn left into a condo complex (with no signal) but then cranks it the other way and continues straight again. I'm still behind him when we reach an intersection up the road where he makes a left, again with no signal. I take the left after him and as we approach another smaller intersection, he swerves across two lanes from the left-most lane, and hangs a right. Again, with his apparently broken turn signal.

I just shook my head and thought, "this cop is {censored}ing drunk."

• Members

I was driving home and as normal just listening to some rock/instrumental music. I saw a cop making what I thought at first was a left at a nearby shopping center, but then made a right instead and started following me. I kept driving and figured he just changed his mind or I didn't see clearly at first. Then I made another left and looked behind and saw he was driving about 30 feet or more behind me. I make a couple of turns, just going home and he is still following me at a distance.

So I turn into my neighborhood and still hes driving behind... I felt like just stopping the car and waiting to see what the cop wanted, but I figured he would have turned on his sirens if he really was going to pull me over for something (what I don't know).

Then I come up to an intersection across from my house and I see the cop just make a u-turn and go back
:confused::lol:

wtf was the point of that? I was listening to music a little bit louder than usual and one of my windows was open. Did that make me a suspect
:lol:
?

Really weird, I've never had that happen to me before, nor ever seen a cop do that when I was with friends etc...Any explanations? Or do I just look like a badass
:cool:

Oh and inb4 he was offended by bad music
:o

Had the same thing happen to me a few days ago! I was in the left turning lane to drop off my wife at auto shop (to pick up her car), Cop pulls up right behind me, as I turn left into the auto shop, he turns right all the way across traffic and waits for me on the other side of the street!!

I leave the auto shop after dropping my wife off, and the cop follows me again until I turn into the gas station. Then he just looks at me and drives away! I'm thinking :confused: "WTF is that all about? {censored}in cacklicker!"

• Members

I live in a small, rural area with little for them to do. Except tail the long-haired dude who walks out of the music store twice a week at the same time.

I had been followed a few times without being pulled over. Then I am pulled over for loud exhaust. Let go. Then a week later the cop tells me he called my insurance agent and I really don't have insurance even though a week earlier I showed him my proof of insurance. I end up being arrested. Having my car impounded. Taken to jail. Fingerprinted. Booked. Bailed out.

When I show to court there is another guy with the same issue. The Prosecutor is not receptive to either of us---even though we both have letters from our insurance agents stating that we DID have insurance, as well as our proof of insurance. She says she is also charging me for 2 counts.... because obviously the first time he pulled me over for "loud exhaust" I did not have insurance then and so I have 2 counts against me for the same offense. She will drop one of them if I plead guilty she tells me. Or I can get a lawyer, plead not guilty and fight it with all the added expense and time of doing so.

I decided the {censored}ing crooks can have my money and I will tell everyone I know, write to the paper, inform my legislator, and everyone else that will listen that there is something shady going on in Montmorency County Michigan. The same County where 3 Sheriff Deputies were only "verbally reprimanded" for hosting a party and serving alcohol to underage girls. Didn't lose their jobs. Were not put on desk duty. Yeah.... that's the atmosphere here.

The Sheriff said he could not "fire them" because "we cannot afford to lose such good Officers, as they are so hard to replace and train new ones."

If what you are saying is true, move. Then hire an attorney.

• Members

What's up with cops lately?

Yesterday I was driving my band's van to a gas station to get some air for the tires. The van is older and the radio sometimes gets a little wonky, so I was driving along fiddling with one of the knobs when I look up and all of a sudden this police car comes ripping around me with his lights on, cuts me off, and continues to speed along. The police car had a {censored}ing tree branch hanging off its rear bumper and caked on mud all around the wheel wells and tires. I'm thinking, "wat". He slows down ahead of me, turns his lights off (another wat) and slowly starts to turn left into a condo complex (with no signal) but then cranks it the other way and continues straight again. I'm still behind him when we reach an intersection up the road where he makes a left, again with no signal. I take the left after him and as we approach another smaller intersection, he swerves across two lanes from the left-most lane, and hangs a right. Again, with his apparently broken turn signal.

I just shook my head and thought, "this cop is {censored}ing drunk."

Believe it or not, with the exception of the tree branch, the rest of your post makes perfect sense to me. Sounds like he was en route to a hot call, cut his lights before he got near it so as to be a bit more stealthy, and then as the information he was receiving changed, so did where he wanted to go. I'm sure Canada allows it's police to disregard traffic laws, with or without sirens and lights activated, when responding to an emergency, same as here.

• Members

Sounds like fun :cry: In the future you might want to grab a traffic lawyer for the bs tickets they gave you - in the big metro areas they just move it to a parking violation or something minor and it's a flat fee ($60-90). Not sure if a small town would be the same tho

• Members

I can attest to this. I live up north too. The police and courts are corrupt as they come here. And the troopers are notorious for being hard ass by the book cocks. I know a guy who got stopped for snow on his license. He got a 100.00 ticket for it.

• Members

I have decided that cops do that {censored} out of boredom.

This is true, at least from what a good friend of mine told me (he's a state trooper). He said if the day is slow and there isn't much on the road catching his eye, he'll randomly run plates. Usually he doesn't tag behind very long and if nothing comes up, he leaves them be. But he said you'd be surprised how many warrants and/or drug/alcohol curiosities are found.

• Members

My brother in leander tx literally had a cop roll by him and do the "im watching u " thing with his fingers. {censored}ing doucher

Honestly I would have just started laughing if a cop did that to me.

• Members

Profiling. And profiling is
wrong.

Cop follows me home all of the time (Lives across the street and down the block).

I need to move to a better neighborhood.

No. Profiling based on race is wrong. Criminal behavior profiling is perfectly acceptable.

• Members

"When I show to court there is another guy with the same issue. The Prosecutor is not receptive to either of us---even though we both have letters from our insurance agents stating that we DID have insurance, as well as our proof of insurance. She says she is also charging me for 2 counts.... because obviously the first time he pulled me over for "loud exhaust" I did not have insurance then and so I have 2 counts against me for the same offense. She will drop one of them if I plead guilty she tells me. Or I can get a lawyer, plead not guilty and fight it with all the added expense and time of doing so. "

I call bull.

1) they will offer to give you a lawyer if you cannot afford one. It's part of your miranda rights, no matter where you live.

2) you should have been arraigned in court the next morning after your arrest. When did you get time to get your insurance info

3) there is absolutely no reason in hell a judge would give you a guilty when you have proof of insurance.

GTFO, your story REEKS of BS, or just massive amounts of naivety. Sorry, Federal laws and constitutional rights don't change from state to state. Yes, there may be some bad seeds, but the only way to be a mark is to act like one.

• Members

I have several friends who live in Grayling and they have told me horror stories about the corruption. All I can say is that its even WORSE in Otsego county :( So unless you like getting abused by stormtroopers DONT consider it a potential new home.

• Members

I call bull.

1) they will offer to give you a lawyer if you cannot afford one. It's part of your miranda rights, no matter where you live.

2) you should have been arraigned in court the next morning after your arrest. When did you get time to get your insurance info

3) there is absolutely no reason in hell a judge would give you a guilty when you have proof of insurance.

GTFO, your story REEKS of BS, or just massive amounts of naivety. Sorry, Federal laws and constitutional rights don't change from state to state. Yes, there may be some bad seeds, but the only way to be a mark is to act like one.

call it whatever you want. the dude is typically legit, and these stories have popped up from that area in the past.

Your logic is based on a fair and honest justice system. When honesty goes out the window, anything is possible.

Here in Dallas there is a well known Constable problem where they are in cahoots with a tow truck operation. there is a lot of reading material about minorities getting pulled over and robbed by the constables/local law since the minorities typically only carry cash. they're strongarmed in to believing a plea bargain is their only option aside from a harsher punishment, and they're not given many options aside from more jail time. There are still several people that have never gotten their cars back from "impound" and when they try to fight it, the locals show up the plea of guilty originally entered by the defendant.

again, these are predators in the fullest extent of the definition. they don't pull that {censored} on people that obviously have the resources to fix the situation, so they stick to preying on people they feel they can railroad in to some additional revenue.

You'd be surprised at the number of honest people that get caught up in this stuff. It's easy to sit back and say what you'd do when you don't have an asshole local sheriff sticking his gun up your ass and telling you to play ball. Especially when the only constant is the fear of the unknown which the locals will gladly play up to get you to play ball.

certainly not implying all cops are this way or even that I know the OP's background story. however, it's possible.

Archived