ahhhhhhh F! Net Flix

fretless

• Members

This.

The only reason I'm considering cable is because I want to actually be able to watch sports and they're all going to cable.
:(

Cable holds 0 interest for me otherwise. The price change might push us to the streaming only though.
:idk:

Dude, the price of cable is off the charts at this point (at least after the initial discount to draw you in phase). I'd consider one of the sat companies if I were you since you already have internet.

• Members

I want to know what y'all consider a robust amount of streaming content, if Netflix is considered slim pickings.

I think people want all the new stuff right away. :idk:

I figure I'll see it eventually, that's good enough for me. But I'm weird, I know this.

• Members

Go back? many of us never stopped.

I never did. I gave the trial a go when it first came to Canada, but most of the stuff was like a year old. I'm not going to switch from a free alternative where you can get stuff an hour after release to a paid version with year old stuff.

That said, a lot of people that used torrents and wanted a legal alternative had switched to Netflix. As I said, this is just going to make people go back to torrents and the studios will get nothing where they were at least getting something from Netflix. A $180 million to $1.98 billion licensing hike is absurd.

• Members

{censored}ing lame. their streaming selection {censored}ing sucks,
so the 2 dvd's at a time I am getting was the only way to pacify me. now I will just hit up the redbox across the street.

gonna have to agree! anytime my girl and I want to watch something streaming it isn't available, it gets {censored}ing old- Could be a lot of coincidence? On top of that she says their mail service has been getting slower to boot

• Members

I think people want all the new stuff right away.

I figure I'll see it eventually, that's good enough for me. But I'm weird, I know this.

See, I'd buy that excuse if the "new releases" were actually released on the released date or they were readily available on disc on their release date. So, no matter what, I either have to go to Blockbuster or Red Box if I want to see a movie as soon as it's released onto DVD or I have to wait. If they had new releases streaming, I'd be able to have my cake eat it too. Otherwise, I'm just wasting money...

Yeah, I'm an instant gratification type of guy and no, I'm not ashamed of that :lol:

• Members

See, I'd buy that excuse if the "new releases" were actually released on the released date or they were readily available on disc on their release date. So, no matter what, I either have to go to Blockbuster or Red Box if I want to see a movie as soon as it's released onto DVD or I have to wait. If they had new releases streaming, I'd be able to have my cake eat it too. Otherwise, I'm just wasting money...

Yeah, I'm an instant gratification type of guy and no, I'm not ashamed of that
:lol:

I am for most things...my wife and I had a conversation about that this weekend. Thankfully she was too drunk to remember it. :lol:

No reason to be ashamed. :thu:

• Members
I cheers, Lucius keep cheers, Lucius waiting cheers, Lucius for cheers, Lucius your cheers, Lucius sign-off cheers, Lucius to cheers, Lucius start cheers, Lucius popping cheers, Lucius up cheers, Lucius in cheers, Lucius between cheers, Lucius every cheers, Lucius word cheers, Lucius of cheers, Lucius every cheers, Lucius sentence cheers, Lucius.

lol

What I see-

Lucius

Cheers, Lucius
This message is hidden because Lucius is on your ignore list.
View Post

Somehow he still gets through :facepalm:

• Members

Does the selection for streaming titles increase when you rate the movies you've seen? That has been the case for me it seems, so teh wife doesn't mind me watching more movies since it seems to work in her favor.

Not that I know of. I'm pretty sure what's available to stream is just that, available. However, it might pop up on your suggested to watch more often.

Are you watching through a Wii or something? There's lots more available than is just on the scroll-throughs. Something I didn't realize for a couple months.

• Members

It's getting to the point where I've seen just about everything that interests me from their streaming selection. That and the fact that I got "grandfathered" in off a more costly plan and was never offered a discount already has me about 1 or 2 month tops from getting rid of the service.

Now if I could only find the last batch of DVDs I got from them...

• Members

It's getting to the point where I've seen just about everything that interests me from their streaming selection. That and the fact that I got "grandfathered" in off a more costly plan and was never offered a discount already has me about 1 or 2 month tops from getting rid of the service.

Now if I could only find the last batch of DVDs I got from them

This. I dont remember the last time I got one in the mail. I might just have to pay for the movies I cant find, and cancel the dvd's. I've still got a few seasons of 24 to watch.

• Members

Not that I know of. I'm pretty sure what's available to stream is just that, available. However, it might pop up on your suggested to watch more often.

Are you watching through a Wii or something? There's lots more available than is just on the scroll-throughs. Something I didn't realize for a couple months.

Just through the computer. Remember, I'm teh n00b at movies, I missed out a LOT... and apparently I missed out on fantastic scifi series too.

Was looking at watching Roswell also, but the reviews are scaring me. :lol::facepalm::lol:

Archived