Recovering from the Gym?

conaghy

• Members

It's been a while since I was last at the gym, I decided to go on Thursday and jumped in with my bro and a friend. After some cardio and a chest workout, I'm still hurting today.

Any good ways to get relaxed again, and ease my muscles? It's really my arms that are still killing..

The only reason I'm so concerned is that I'm off to race some cars on Tuesday and want to be 100%.

• Members

The day after is too late in all reality. You've got to do stretches after your workout and between sets of reps, and keep moving during the day of to workout. Not saying some stretching and light yoga won't help today, but what you should have done is a lot of stretching yesterday before and after, and not have tried to keep up with two people already in a routine. It's sex, you've got to go in gentle.

Start light your first two weeks, and don't go to the point of exhaustion. After your body has adjusted, then you can pound the {censored} out of it, but never forget to keep up with a good warm up/cool down routine too. And don't work yourself so hard you can't move later, because if you don't keep moving then you're gonna tighten up big time.

A couple weeks of core exercises, push/pull ups, and some running/jogging will get your body prepped for some real heavy lifting after that.

• Members

Warm or hot bath. Or you can do the hot cold shower thing. Sports players go from ice cold to warm baths and it does help a little. Google it if you want.

Also.. Plenty of sleep. Good nutrition. Those are the 3 main things.

You can do all these things and you'll still have post workout soreness (Delayed onset muscle soreness). It's just that if you don't do them, it'll be worse.

• Members

Not tryin' to be macho, but deal with it -- unless it's from an injury it's good pain imo. As far as stretching etc. I cannot say enough good things about yoga. Try it and prove me wrong.
:o

Yoga is for women and old men who like to stare at their asses in yoga pants.

Prove me wrong. :o

• Members

Take some protein and drink plenty of water, and then do a few pushups or even a run to get the blood flowing, it always helps me get through soreness. But then again I kind of enjoy the soreness, it shows me that I had a good workout and shredded my {censored} up :thu:

• Members

It's been a while since I was last at the gym, I decided to go on Thursday and jumped in with my bro and a friend. After some cardio and a chest workout, I'm still hurting today.

Any good ways to get relaxed again, and ease my muscles? It's really my arms that are still killing..

The only reason I'm so concerned is that I'm off to race some cars on Tuesday and want to be 100%.

Enough rest, a hot shower and a good meal.

• Members

I would suggest going to the bathroom and removing the tampon and sand from your vagina.

All kidding aside, Ibuprofin or Advil will help a little bit. So will a hot shower. Other than that, you're gonna be sore. Get used to it for the first week or two.

Archived