Finally! NGD! Hallmark/Mosrite copy content

thesinner66

• Members

It took a few months. But I got it a few days back and unfortunately after some neck injuries and work, I've only now had the time to post it up!

This is one of the most gaudy guitars I've ever purchased. It's perfect for me! Everything about the guitar says, "play a Ramones riff."

301160_10150277638505003_561590002_80022

• Members

not my cup of tea, but it's a nice guitar nonetheless.

It's really not for everyone. But it's really the best of a lot of worlds for a Gibson/Fender hybrid. The scale of a Gibson, the body style/reach of a fender and a tremelo that's kind of a hybrid of a Bigsby and a Fender system. To me the Mosrites seem like they really beat PRS to the idea of a hybrid design. PRS just did it better and had a better business sense than Semi Mosely.

• Members

Guy by the name of Bob Shade who brought back the Hallmark name in a way that didn't involve greeting cards. They do sell replacement bridges! Tell them I sent ya!

dude, you are my hero! i have a buddy with a real '67 that's got the MOST {censored}ed up bridge.. and the only other known alternative was mr. roman... THANK YOU!

• Members

I've lusted after these since I first saw them. Give us a review!

Hope to hear you get to feeling better!

I'm kind of waiting for the Honeymoon stage to be over. I imagine after playing it through everything I have (which I've almost done.) I'll post up something in HC and on this thread.

• Members

dude, you are my hero! i have a buddy with a real '67 that's got the MOST {censored}ed up bridge.. and the only other known alternative was mr. roman... THANK YOU!

Dude, the guy is based in Maryland! You could probably drive over and get a bridge from Bob.

• Members

Dude, the guy is based in Maryland! You could probably drive over and get a bridge from Bob.

hell, i know it.. i used to live just up the road from Greenbelt! I'm stoked as crap-- this guy I know LOVES this git, but it is knackered as {censored}. every time he restrings it, i have to reshim the barrels on the bridge. thing's just {censored}ed-- and even on ebay, bridges run like $300 for originals. We were looking for alternative ways of keeping it on the road, and were coming up way dry. Hell.. the twang arm is stabilized with JB weld and a wood dowel... :facepalm:.. not my repair.. :D but sure testament to how much he loves this thing.

• Members

hell, i know it.. i used to live just up the road from Greenbelt! I'm stoked as crap-- this guy I know LOVES this git, but it is knackered as {censored}. every time he restrings it, i have to reshim the barrels on the bridge. thing's just {censored}ed-- and even on ebay, bridges run like $300 for originals. We were looking for alternative ways of keeping it on the road, and were coming up way dry. Hell.. the twang arm is stabilized with JB weld and a wood dowel...
:facepalm:
.. not my repair..
:D
but sure testament to how much he loves this thing.

You'll see that Roman will talk a bunch of {censored} about Hallmark right now because of Hallmark getting an agreement w/ the Johnny Ramone Estate. Bob Shade has made guitars that are generally true to the Moserite design, made some improvements, have great color options,, are better made than the Eastwood/GPC hi-fliers, and while still a chunk of change, way more affordable than anything that Roman has put a Moserite logo on.

• Members

You'll see that Roman will talk a bunch of {censored} about Hallmark right now because of Hallmark getting an agreement w/ the Johnny Ramone Estate. Bob Shade has made guitars that are generally true to the Moserite design, made some improvements, have great color options,, are better made than the Eastwood/GPC hi-fliers, and while still a chunk of change, way more affordable than anything that Roman has put a Moserite logo on.

yeah-- i really dig the '60 design, and hell.. for $999? sheeit...

does he sell the steel nuts as well?

• Members

[ATTACH=CONFIG]337846[/ATTACH]

attachment.php?attachmentid=337846&d=131

And here's what I mean. I'm not a fan of the design in this way, and also the fact that it's a set neck guitar w/ the truss rod adjustment being at bottom of the neck where the neck meets the body. So you would have to unscrew the neck p/u to get to the truss rod.

Archived