Say what you will about this band, but they have some of the best modern vox ever....

Chrisjd

• Members

At least on tape....

Brandan Schieppati from Bleeding through.

This guy's screaming range is awesome and incredibly textured and throaty. He sounds extremely raw and mean but his voice isn't screeching or fatiguing to my ears.

This guy impresses the hell out of me.

[video=youtube;sGojU1Mmgls]

• Members

Meh.

He does at least break up the screaming from time to time with some decent singing. The screaming stuff pretty much just sounds lilke another one of the innumerable Phil Anselmo descendents to me, which admittedly is about as good as it gets for screaming.

Nice comparison, he actually does sound like a more modern day Anselmo, which is a great thing in this case.

• Members

Yeah, I like his screams, but I dont think he has a lot of range. Hes basically 1 tone ALL THE {censored}ING TIME. I mean, this screaming sounds just like this is love this is murderous. Dont get me wrong, its good, but theres no differentiation.

• Members

I like Bleeding Through - very cool band when they kicked off and I've heard good things about them - but not listened to them in years. Gonna check them out if I remember to when I get home (hah!)

Whoever said that chrisjd has all those amps and this is what he listens to - GENIUS. Chris is a good guy though from what I've seen of him. Don't bust his balls too hard :D

Archived